Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Mar 8, 2022
Martinsburg, WV
twitter.com
Remember, there was a time we thought there would never be another Intamin ride at a SEAS park (specifically BGW)... just give it 20 some years...
I don't recall anyone thinking that about SEAS to anywhere near the same level as CF. Of all the people saying that SEAS wouldn't ever get an Intamin if you asked them if SEAS or CF was more likely to get an Intamin I would expect nearly everyone to put money on SEAS getting one first.

And yea, it's always possible in the future..... 20 years, sure.... different people running the show. But as things sit right now and in the next 5 to 10 years (absent any major and multiple management changes) we won't see a new Intamin at a CF park. The CF hatred of Intamin runs deep and it's been very evident at events like WCO when you'd ask any question of anyone about an Intamin........ and, honestly, while I'd say it's possible in 20 or so years I still think it's a stretch.

Reactions: Coasterguy95

EdK

Feb 26, 2021
I think it says a lot that Intamin is no longer building this type of coaster so I'm not sure why they would be butt hurt if CF uses another company to refurbish the ride. I also saw in another thread about the KD drop tower that Intamin parts are hard to come by.

Personally I really liked TTD even if it was short but the launch and view were amazing and it has a visual impact that would be missed at the park.

Someone mentioned S&S air launch and I feel that would work better than LSMs in providing the same experience. Using compressed air should be more reliable than the current hydraulic engine they were using.

Reactions: Coasternerd

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
The Cedar Fair / Intamin thing goes WAY deeper than Intamin's issues. It really sucks because I think KI is an Intamin coaster away from being a nearly perfect park. Also sucks because we're seeing the Intamins that have literally made CP what it is today start to be removed.

It's been basically the same thing that set BGW off with Intamin 25 years ago.

- Park asks for crazy ride
- Intamin provides crazy ride
- Issues occur because ride is crazy
- Park gets mad because ride has issues due to being crazy

Rinse, repeat with Cedar Fair for the better part of a decade and then top it off with the Shoot the Rapids incident, combine it with Intaride being notoriously hard to work with over the past decade in order to address issues with rides, and then their cost saving in contracting A3 to reverse engineer all the parts. The whole reason why Intamin is now working with BGW again, the main culprit in the SEAS discourse, is because everyone who was involved back then when Pompeii was built is now either not working for SEAS as a whole anymore or in a position where their say is overruled by the others who are okay with working with Intamin. We'll see this same thing happen with Cedar Fair.

Fur Dozy

Mayor of Busch Gardens Tampillsburg
Nov 5, 2009

- Intamin offers crazy ride

Rinse, repeat with Cedar Fair for the better part of a decade and then top it off with the Shoot the Rapids incident, combine it with Intaride being notoriously hard to work with over the past decade in order to address issues with rides, and then their cost saving in contracting A3 to reverse engineer all the parts. The whole reason why Intamin is now working with BGW again, the main culprit in the SEAS discourse, is because everyone who was involved back then when Pompeii was built is now either not working for SEAS as a whole anymore or in a position where their say is overruled by the others who are okay with working with Intamin. We'll see this same thing happen with Cedar Fair.
ftfy

Reactions: b.mac

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
While I can’t speak for SEAS as a whole, I’m pretty sure that even a few years ago most people were absolutely convinced BGW would never work with Intamin again. As @b.mac said, staffing changes probably led to the current relationship. So, I would disagree that views of the current CF situation are any different.

Mar 8, 2022
Martinsburg, WV
twitter.com

- Park asks for crazy ride

This is the basic blueprint, certainly..... but I really believe there is additional levels beyond the this when it comes to Cedar Fair. I've often seen references to the possibility of Intamin and CP having an exclusivity contract in the early 2000s and then Intamin not wanting to renew that which upset CF...... I get that BGW may never have wanted to work with Intamin again but that always seemed more passive whereas CP/CF actively seem to be on a mission to damage Intamin.... There just seems to be more hatred from what I've seen. Additionally, BGW is a park level (SEAS has built Intamins in the last 25 years) where Cedar Fair is the entire chain that's blacklisted.

Regarding Intaride I often wonder why Intamin doesn't try to make that division better.

Coasterguy95

Intimidator 305 enjoyer, I make yt vids, watch em!
Jul 6, 2022
www.youtube.com
Superman the ride
Superman ride of steel
California Screamin/Incredicoaster
The Flash: Vertical Velocity x2
Storm Runner
Kingda Ka
El Toro
Fahrenheit
Jet Rescue

All non-CF Intamins built 2000-2009. Sorry but not willing to buy this.
but think of this
Millennium force, wicked twister, ttd, maverick
4 coasters in a row from intamin at cedar point. My theory is when you bought intamin rides in bulk you got a discount
Idk somethin I just thought of

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: DECoasterGuy
Mar 16, 2016
but think of this
Millennium force, wicked twister, ttd, maverick
4 coasters in a row from intamin at cedar point. My theory is when you bought intamin rides in bulk you got a discount
Idk somethin I just thought of
I think, like Hershey/BGW it’s more they do a contract for multiple “one off” or new styles. All 4 of those were the first or a prototype in some way.

YachtyLogs

BGW Fan from Midwest
May 3, 2022
Also remember that Maverick was going to be a B&M floorless at first before Intamin offered a new model, so clearly they at the very least had considered other manufacturers at that point.

Mar 8, 2022
Martinsburg, WV
twitter.com
Superman the ride
Superman ride of steel
California Screamin/Incredicoaster
The Flash: Vertical Velocity x2
Storm Runner
Kingda Ka
El Toro
Fahrenheit
Jet Rescue

All non-CF Intamins built 2000-2009. Sorry but not willing to buy this.
There aren't any details of the supposed exclusivity..... Maybe it was certain types, certain regions, or hell, maybe it was just that CP wanted exclusivity and Intamin wouldn't do it.

You're really hyper focusing on a single sentence and completely missing my entire point. The entire point is that I believe there is a lot more to the story than just the "intaminitis".

Sep 23, 2022
Something to add to the rumor of Intamin no longer being involved and liable for Dragster is that Intamin has completely removed the ride from their website. It was once listed under their LSM Launch Coaster portfolio with the other Accelerators but it is now gone. For reference, other defunct coasters such as Volcano, Wicked Twister, Zaturn, and even the failed U-Shape Roller Coaster remain on the website. LSM Launch Coaster - Intamin Amusement Rides

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad