Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Backlot Stunt Coaster being in the top 5 is a little surprising to me. It stays relatively popular for some reason.

• Haha
Reactions: scottyholiday
Backlot Stunt Coaster being in the top 5 is a little surprising to me. It stays relatively popular for some reason.

Popular family ride with good throughput in a high traffic location.

The only other big coasters not in that top 5 are Grizzly, Anaconda, and Flight of Fear. Grizzly and Anaconda's roughness deter riders and Flight of Fear is a little out of the way.

Popular family ride with good throughput in a high traffic location.

The only other big coasters not in that top 5 are Grizzly, Anaconda, and Flight of Fear. Grizzly and Anaconda's roughness deter riders and Flight of Fear is a little out of the way.

Problem with that thought about FoF is you have to pass it to get to I305.

Guessing Haunt hurts the numbers since it's season is shorter, Dominator and TT both get the addition of WF to boost numbers a bit.

On the whole, it's cool KD is catering to the coaster nerds out there with content like this.

FOF was closed a LOT during the early parts of the season (presumably due to staffing). It also closes early during Haunt which is the most crowded time of the year.

I went at park open nearly every Friday last year and it was always closed. Plus many other times it doesn't open until later in the day. It was by far my least ridden coaster at KD last year even though I love it.

Reactions: Zachary
I went at park open nearly every Friday last year and it was always closed. Plus many other times it doesn't open until later in the day. It was by far my least ridden coaster at KD last year even though I love it.
Closing have anything to do with its current restoration effort ?

I love FoF, but I would rather come close to needing a chiropractor on Grizzly than wait past the station for FoF. While the theming on FoF is incredible, I can’t stand the tight quarters and poor ventilation while waiting. So, seeing how often I look at the queue and think: “Naaah. Maybe next time.” Surely I can’t be the only one. ?

Reactions: wombat96
The curse of a separate unload platform?

I've thought this too. I wonder if the park has considered reworking the ride to use a single load/unload station like they did with Volcano. It would require some re-profiling in the station, but the long-term benefits might be worth it by reducing the number of operators, saving operating costs, and possibly increasing capacity.

Last edited:
I've thought this too. I wonder if the park has considered reworking the ride to use a single load/unload station like they did with Volcano. It would require some re-profiling in the station, but the long-term benefits might be worth it by reducing the number of operators, saving operating costs, and possibly increasing capacity.
If they throw in some theming similar to the shed at Mystic Timbers and maybe some audio on the brake run I would be so for this. I feel like FOF has so much potential and it's just ignored by the park. It's such a unique attraction for a regional park, especially a CF park and it's a shame looking at the current state it's in.

Last edited:
I've thought this too. I wonder if the park has considered reworking the ride to use a single load/unload station like the did with Volcano. It would require some re-profiling in the station, but the long-term benefits might be worth it by reducing the number of operators, saving operating costs, and possibly increasing capacity.
Remember the way FOF station is set up (both load and unload platforms) is to have the guests enter/exit to the outside of the track loop that is formed by the turnaround from the exit platform to the load platform. Plus, the load platform is too narrow to have folks walking down the length of the train to exit. You only have to take barely 2 steps from the gate to the train.

Again, you really can't do much with the load platform due to the launch LIM's. Maybe, the park could load/unload from the exit side and advance the loaded train to the launch area (load side). In any case, I don't think KD wants to spend that type of money on a 22 year old coaster. I am not saying FOF is going anywhere anytime soon; but, I am not sure if that ride is going to be around in 7-8 years.

I'm curious if they could reprofile the station like @Joe described - isn't the ADA entrance off to the side of the main queue area in the load station?

I know several parks tend to combine ADA entries into their ride exits, why couldn't the reverse be done here?

Ah, now I see the original thread. I actually haven't had problems getting rides in on FoF. It seems to be open more than closed for me. However the line can often be slow, and sometimes it breaks down while you're waiting. Unless that's actually somebody needing a potty break?

As for the OP, what's most interesting to me is that i305 is #2. Everybody always says i305 isn't a draw. The line is always short. Etc. But obviously that isn't indicative of its popluarity. It must just have fantastic throughput? Also, poor Twisted Timbers, sitting at #4.

I'd guess the I305 numbers are something to do with the line being consistent even if short most times of the day?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad