Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Mar 16, 2016
(There seemed to be no general Tokyo Disney spot, so I put it here, sorry if this is wrong)

Very interesting they are going this route. So far they have started to offer their version of a fast pass, started to change pricing based on day of week to encourage more weekday visitors. But I found this part most interesting:
In another effort to shorten wait times for attractions, Oriental Land has adopted a lower ceiling on the daily number of tickets on sale, although the quota for a specific day has not been disclosed. Each ticket has a designated date of admission.

The company's attendance target for fiscal 2024 stands at 26 million, down approximately 20% from the record 32.55 million marked in fiscal 2018, the last full year before the coronavirus pandemic.
Oriental Land believes that if spending per visitor reaches ¥14,500 in fiscal 2024, some 20% higher than ¥11,815 in fiscal 2018, the planned 20% cut in the number of visitors will balance out in terms of revenue, officials said.

While it sounds very similar to SF and their approach, it seems like they are taking a better path to getting there. Just restricting the number of daily tickets and making them tied to a certain day is a smart way of ensuing they never get overrun.

Does anyone know if Tokyo Disneyland does passes? Would be interested to know if they do, and the pass just becomes a way to go online for a date specific ticket.

Does anyone know if Tokyo Disneyland does passes? Would be interested to know if they do, and the pass just becomes a way to go online for a date specific ticket.

They use to offer them with blockout dates but ever since they reopened in summer of 2020 after being closed for a few months they have suspended AP sales indefinitely.

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
They use to offer them with blockout dates but ever since they reopened in summer of 2020 after being closed for a few months they have suspended AP sales indefinitely.
Interesting. I guess that makes this a whole lot easier.

Reactions: Unagi
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad