Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Aug 19, 2013
Was wondering what would be operational for our 6 & 8 year old kids to enjoy if we decided to head to BGW in October. They are 48 and 52 inches tall. We would leave before it gets dark since we know it would be too intense for them. Any shows that run in the early part of the day that are kid friendly? Are any kids rides or water rides running? Trying to see if it would be worth the trip. Thanks in advance for any advice/tips.

Mar 4, 2014
Chesapeake, Virginia
The log flume (Le Scoot) may be the only water ride open. I believe both children's areas are open during the daytime. Of the four shows, Starfright Orchestra should be kid friendly. The only one that may be edgy is Fiends. If I had kids, I wouldn't take them to that show. The girls are underdressed and the sexual innuendos are everywhere in that show. I believe Monster Stomp is pretty clean, maybe some blood in one or two scenes but nothing too bad at all. Night Beats I don't know enough about but I do know it is in the Festhaus which is usually a family area because it's so open to everyone whereas Fiends and Monster Stomp are closed doors shows meaning they close the doors when the show is starting. Hope this helps! Overall, I would say there is enough for them to do for you guys to make the trip.

Reactions: jpcommons
Aug 19, 2013
I went to HOS way back before kids. I have shown my kids some of our videos from back in the day. They have no desire to stay for the scary stuff and I have no intention of keeping them there after 6.

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
I know Night Beats isn't too edgy. Probably the most family friendly of the existing lineup. Starfright probably won't have much adult content either.

Monster Stomp has some blood at the beginning and some references to death, but that's about as far as adult themes goes.

Fiends is definitely the edgiest out of the existing lineup.

Kiddie rides outside of Land of the Dragons and Sesame Street remain open all day from park open to park close. Land of the Dragons obv closes at 6 and Sesame closes at 8.

Aside from that, the park doesn't really offer anything outside of the norm for families during the day, which is a surprise considering the park is very family oriented.

May 17, 2013
I will say if you have a "sensitive" child like I do, be aware that there are creepy decorations out during the day as well. No scare actors until 6, but if they don't like ghost, graveyards, doll parts, and other monster decor, it may not be a good idea to go. My kid wanted to avoid Ireland most of 2015 because in August 2014 she didn't like the various monster figures in the walkways. She's 6 now, so not sure how she'd react since we didn't go Labor Day weekend this year.

Reactions: SWStevo
Aug 19, 2013
We made it down yesterday. Started rainy with a break in the rain until 3. Then rain came down and we left. Kids enjoyed night beats and monster stomp. Came back again this morning. Cloudy, cold, and windy early on. Now sun is out and wind has calmed a bit. Glad we stuck it out. Thanks for the advice on shows.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad