Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Pretzel Kaiser

Silver Donor
Apr 5, 2011
Announced on YouTube, More info to come.

Mod Edit: Article now posted here: http://bgtfans.com/2013/timbuktu-to-become-pantopia-with-falcons-fury/

Reactions: Bill
RE: Timbuktu Retheme "Pantopia" Announced for 2014.

Looks cool. A little flashy, but at least you'll be able to tell the difference between the rest of the parks areas, and Pantopia.

Reactions: Bill

Now that I look at the renders all I can feel like is that it is a rip-off of SeaWorld's waterfront hamlet. With a little more paint and a few minor tweeks. Does anybody else get that feeling? I really don't know if I'm excited or not, it's hard to tell.

CoasterDude3000 said:
I'm just afraid it's going to be a recreation of Scott's glitter magic, JBGWFan, not if it's a ripoff.

No, BGW is a whole different park, with different executives. SG has no say in anything that has to do with BGT.

CoasterDude3000 said:
I mean if the ideas of the poppy London retheme inspired this.

Probably not. They may have gotten an idea for a re-theme out of our decision to re-theme Banbury Cross, but they didn't rip any concepts off from BGW. I regret telling you this, but if you're mad about this re-theme you're going to have to blame BGT's executives.

After looking at the other renders this screams more Morocco at me even more than BGT's current Morocco area does.:-/

Renders added to the article, check them out!

I'm not in love with the name. But I am looking forward to the retheme of the area. One complaint I've heard is that Egypt and Timbuktu are too similar, so this will definitely help with that.

Also, this is another step away from the specific "Africa" theme of the park. This looks to combine both African and Asian elements, in a much more overall "worldly" feel.

Definitely adds another element to watch as Falcon's Fury construction continues!

I opened the link to the article and the first picture came up and the first words out of my mouth were: "OH MY GOSH!" Hoopla said in a very let down, disappointed, upset, wondering, and all hope is lost tone! :s

Keep in mind that renders do not equal final product in most cases. They are artwork to give an idea of what it will turn out like - changes can (and likely will) happen.

Timbuktu needs an update - I think if done right, this will end up looking great and helping to change the blandness of the area. Right now it's just way too much beige walls everywhere.

The concept art looks good to me, but it's an odd theme to go with.

There are areas that need the love more, though - like everything between Gwazi and Safari of Fun...

From sensagent:
Pantopia- A phrase coined by Daniel Mark Bryant in January 2010, and made popular in FaceBook wall posting. The definition of Pantopia is: A perpetual state of euphoric bliss in any situation or circumstance. This state cannot be obtained or reached, such as in Nirvana or Heaven, because in order for the state of pantopia to exist, it must be a state that a person has always been in, and will always continue to be in. It is perpetual, without beginning or end and without cause, depending on no other thing.

A three year old word of hyperbole... made popular on facebook.

There are areas that need the love more, though - like everything between Gwazi and Safari of Fun...

And Congo.... Might I add that Bird Gardens hasn't gotten a new attraction in 3 years....

I think the concepts for the area look fantastic and will be a welcome change for the area. I agree that there are other areas of the park that could use/need some attention, but this looks like it will be a fantastic retheme. That being said please keep any mention of Busch Gardens Williamsburg out of this thread, even if you are just comparing them it to Tampa. This is the Busch Gardens Tampa board.

Reactions: Jonathan S

Anyway.... Now that I look at the concept art, it looks like it could be the love that Timbuktu never had. Plus all those annoying games will be gone too!

I guess I just freaked out about the name... :p

I am very happy with what I am seeing cocept wise, but the part that really disappoints me is the direction BGT has taken in naming stuff since Anheiser-Busch owned it. There is something unique and themed that has meaning behind it like "Shiekra" "Montu" "Gwazi" etc etc. The rumor was Cheetah Hunt was gonna be "Cheetaka" and then it came up with this? Pantopia is not a name I like. Now if there is some type of ethical meaning in this name (that I have failed to find online) then I would be accepting and understanding of it. Otherwise, just disappointed

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad