Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Timbuktu Retheme "Pantopia" Announced for 2014.

Yea the name seems like a thorn, but I guess it makes sense that it isn't exactly Utopia, but Pantopia. :) Just a thought.

I think the name is absurd, but the retheme looks nice.

"Pantopia- A phrase coined by Daniel Mark Bryant in January, 2010, and made popular in FaceBook wall posting. The definition of Pantopia is: A perpetual state of euphoric bliss in any situation or circumstance. This state cannot be obtained or reached, such as in Nirvana or Heaven, because in order for the state of pantopia to exist, it must be a state that a person has always been in, and will always continue to be in. It is perpetual, without beginning or end and without cause, depending on no other thing."

Keep in mind, as well, that many people believe Thomas More's Utopia was meant to be a satire, and that his point was that no such place could exist. In fact, once could make a case that all utopias are a veneer over an evil society, as portrayed in H.G. Wells' Time Machine.

Talked with Mr. Rose and found out that the new show in Timbuktu Theater will be similar to Critter Castaways. "A Pet Show" he called it. Also, the Oasis will become a "pretzel bakery and a beer station". Finally, Sahara Snacks is getting the Axe to become a plaza, while the game areas will become new snack spots.

Reactions: Bill

This helps confirm the rumor I broke this summer. Glad to hear that Timbuktu Theater will be getting some attention, and this is great news for summer visitors and those guests who aren't tall enough or aren't brave enough for Falcon's Fury.

Probably a smart idea to reduce the number of games in the area - they take up a lot of real estate, and even during busier times they were not very crowded.

Reactions: Jonathan S
New snack spot names and New show name?

Got this from OrlandoUnited, but "apparently" they uncovered names for the new snack spots and "show" in Pantopia, Again, this is only a rumor!

Supposively, the new show will be called "Twisted Tales" (or it could possibly be a new attraction)

The snack spots "will be" Dragonfire Grille, Lynx's Frozen Treats, and Crow's nest Kettle Korn.

No mention of a pretzel bakery though...

Thoughts?

RE: New snack spot names and New show name?

Jonathan15 said:
Supposedly[*], the new show will be called "Twisted Tales"

Oh, God... My mind immediately went to a psycho wolf and songs about fashion. Busch Gardens Tampa, we hardly knew ye...

:angel: Thanks for the grammar correction, Joe.

Was that quote implying that BGT could not be getting a good show? :(

First, I hope I didn't come off as being snarky with that correction! :) I just used to mess that word up all the time.

Anyway, I was simply referring to how "Twisted Tales" immediately reminded me of the horrible Entwined show at BGW.

Hopefully those aren't the real names, because a couple of them are atrocious.(IMO) Pantopia is not really looking like it will fit in with the African theme that the park is supposed to have.:-/

Thanks for input guys! :D

@Matt- I'm also disappointed with the new idea of moving away from the African theme.

@Joe- It's fine. Some people are just grammar nazis.... :)
And yes, Twisted Tales sounds similar to Entwined.:dodgy:

Jonathan15 said:
Anyway.... Now that I look at the concept art, it looks like it could be the love that Timbuktu never had. Plus all those annoying games will be gone too!

I guess I just freaked out about the name... :p

For the games: not gone, just reduced :)

Jonathan15 said:
Got this from OrlandoUnited, but "apparently" they uncovered names for the new snack spots and "show" in Pantopia, Again, this is only a rumor!

Supposively, the new show will be called "Twisted Tales" (or it could possibly be a new attraction)

The snack spots "will be" Dragonfire Grille, Lynx's Frozen Treats, and Crow's nest Kettle Korn.

No mention of a pretzel bakery though...

Thoughts?

Dragonfire Grille sounds more like a rename of Desert Grill than a snack spot...

As far as the name of the area goes look at greek roots.

pan=all
top=place

I think it is supposed to be like the "jungala" area with an imagined name conveying the underlying idea of the area.

I think I read that it is supposed to be a cross roads. This would fit with the "all places" name and explain why it looks like a cross between Africa and Asia.

I doubt BGT even realizes the name already exists in facebook posts.

MOD Edit: Combined the triple post into one big post.

[split] Project 2014: Falcon's Fury

MOD EDIT: Moved from Falcon's Fury thread.

I was at the park today and noticed that the carousel was walled off with a sign saying "Closed for future improvements". I looked around the barrier and found a small slot in the wood near the entry door and was very surprised at what I saw, the entire carousel was taken apart and most of it was taken off site. It looks to me that they might be utilizing that space to build the queue house for [Falcon's Fury]. It's just what I think, no official word on what's happening with the carousel quite yet.

Reactions: Zachary and trg86
Still working on a very comprehensive article on all of the changes coming with Pantopia, complete with pictures from yesterday's hard hat tour. In the meantime, here's a few random pictures from the tour. These images are just some of the dozens that will be in the article, so stay tuned!

Images courtesy photographer Matt Hopkins.

Attachments

• IMG_4515.jpg
    IMG_4515.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4657.jpg
    IMG_4657.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4689.jpg
    IMG_4689.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4725.jpg
    IMG_4725.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4734.jpg
    IMG_4734.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 43
I love that demographic map in the 4th picture. It really breaks down what audience this is for and how it caters to certain demographics.

Reactions: Zachary
Part 1 of a look behind the scenes of Pantopia is now live! Details on the theme of the area and a look inside the theater being renovated for a new animal show are highlighted in the article: 

Behind the Scenes at Pantopia - Part 1

So for those of you who were disappointed with the announcement back in November, with more of the details, concept art and some pictures of the progress, what is your opinion now?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad