Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Annual Pass Benefits/Perks - Are they worth it?

Yeah, I wish the park would publicly announce things like that, but that is just one of those *hidden* benefits. I am trying to find out all of these hidden treats. Just roll up at the employee entrance, show your pass and you get a hang tag and directed to the England lot.

Reactions: BBabe and Julia

If you know where the England lot is, just make a right as you pass through the tollbooth (by the brewery)

I never knew that platinum members can use the employee entrance.

They can't. They can use the employee gate to get to the preferred lot since that's the only way in, but they can't go backstage.

As for the perks, they should include Christmas Town as part of the 1y-2y passes. Otherwise, the perks are on par with most other theme parks around the country and I don't see a problem with any of them.

Reactions: Julia and Zachary

On Route 60, busses pull up in there, next to some train tracks, you will see the actual Busch Gardens sign there.

Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the gate to drive through and not the actual hidden employee entrance to park property :p

Party Rocker said:
-Alternate parking entry through Employee Gate to Preferred Parking[/b]
Really?!? I learned something useful. So all those times going in through the normal gates, it's always seems like 50/50 whether they wave me into Germany lot or on towards England. I prefer England. Nice. :cool:

netdvn said:
As for the perks, they should include Christmas Town as part of the 1y-2y passes.
I have been hoping for this. I have hated stressing out over getting in on the Twitter deal in 2011 and the BOGO of 2012 in time. Will it ever happen? Please...for the love of god!!

Party Rocker said:
-Discounted Preferred Parking*

Just a litte note about this....

I've had my BGW Platinum Pass for 11 years and I have ALWAYS gotten free preferred parking at SeaWorld Orlando, SeaWorld San Diego and Busch Gardens Tampa. The pass perks state that you're only suppose to get free general parking and discounted preferred parking but I've never paid extra for preferred. I've always been given the preferred parking pass to hang on my rearview mirror.

^
"-Discounted Preferred Parking*"
That's for the Friends & Family Pass.

chickenking said:
^
"-Discounted Preferred Parking*"
That's for the Friends & Family Pass.

Info is on the official site here:

http://seaworldparks.com/buschgardens-williamsburg/PassMembers/Platinum-Pass-Members

Click the "Free Parking" tab underneath the pic.

It clearly states...

• Free general parking at all nine SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment locations
• Free preferred parking at Busch Gardens and Water Country USA (limited spaces available)

You're only suppose to receive free preferred parking at the park you purchased your pass from and receive discounted preferred at others. This has always been policy for the platinum pass but its never been enforced.

I'm not complaining though! I'll take the added perk! :p

chickenking said:
oops misunderstood what you were talking about I guess.

No prob!

I should've elaborated on the quote better.

Well Unagi, now that you've mentioned it, something might be done about it because as we all know they watch us. :-/

destroyer421 said:
Well Unagi, now that you've mentioned it, something might be done about it because as we all know they watch us. :-/

Actually, it looks like a recent policy change with the Platinum Pass here....

http://commerce.4adventure.com/estore/images/common/benefits/bgw_benefits.pdf

It's marked on that chart that Preferred Parking is included at all SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment locations. I don't recall it ever stating that, and it's not stated on the main Passport page.

I purchased my platinum pass in september 2011 for an october trip down to orlando/tampa (HHN and HoS!!). They told me over the phone that I could not get free preferred parking down there but free regular parking. Whatevs. I go to BGT and FREE PARKING right across from the ticket booths! I thought, hmmm must have been a slow day. Same thing at SeaWorld and Aquatica. sounds good to me.

One thing I didn't see listed: Platinum pass holders get rerides on some of the coasters in Tampa and Orlando (not Manta, Shiekra or Cheetah Hunt, if I recall).

pandorazboxx said:
One thing I didn't see listed: Platinum pass holders get rerides on some of the coasters in Tampa and Orlando (not Manta, Shiekra or Cheetah Hunt, if I recall).

Yeah they do that for Kumba, Montu and Kraken though I'm not sure of any others. One of my favorite part of those perks is the Platinum Seating for all the shows at SeaWorld Orlando. These seats are in a great location and you feel like you're getting a semi-VIP treatment when you sit in those areas.

chickenking said:
Any special seating/re-rides in BGW for the platinum?

Unfortunately no.

They do this in Florida because they need more selling points to promote the pass because of the stiff competition from Disney and Universal.

Unagi said:
One of my favorite part of those perks is the Platinum Seating for all the shows at SeaWorld Orlando. These seats are in a great location and you feel like you're getting a semi-VIP treatment when you sit in those areas.

Forgot about that. Man, we got some NICE seats at the iceploration show. :-D I liked how the usher came over and made sure we were Platinum members too. haha.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad