Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Looked for an answer everywhere online, but it dawned on me- I know who to call! BGWFans! XP
If I get the 2-park flex ticket, it says I have 7 consecutive days to use it at either park. Does this ticket also have a "bounce" function- meaning: If I go to WCUSA in the morning, will I be able to visit BGW in the evening?

We ALWAYS get Fun Cards, so it's very bizzarre for me to get a flex ticket this year. Questions abound.

Reactions: jornor
Lower Fun Card price.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg said:
ENJOY BUSCH GARDENS® AGAIN AND AGAIN WITH THE SUMMER FUN CARD

Busch Gardens® Williamsburg offers its best summer deal ever

WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (July 6, 2017) – Summer just got better.

Busch Gardens® Williamsburg is giving residents the chance to come and play all summer long with the Summer Fun Card for only $60. This sizzling offer is another reason to visit during the park’s most active summer ever. The Summer Fun Card means unlimited visits to Busch Gardens through Sept. 4.

Busch Gardens becomes a whole different park after dark during Summer Nights, presented by Coca-Cola®. Enjoy fireworks, concerts and special culinary experiences in a fun nighttime atmosphere.

Find a spot and watch as colorful bursts of light fill the night sky during a weekly fireworks show every Friday night in July and August.

Come see your favorite artists during the Summer Nights Concerts Series featuring MercyMe, Josh Turner, 38 Special, Kool & The Gang, NE-YO and others. Concerts are free with park admission.

Beat the heat and chill in the new Coke Zone. Relax under an umbrella or take it easy in an Adirondack chair while savoring an all-new Minus 321° – a nitrogen-infused Coca-Cola flavored ice cream treat.
Delight your taste buds by sampling specialty food and drinks found in the Summer Nights culinary locations throughout the park.
Catch thrilling shows such as All For One as it makes its return to the Royal Palace Theatre with new action and adventure; and the all-new Britmania, a musical revue featuring your favorite British hits from the ‘60s to today.

Experience Griffon in a new light. Hop on board the floorless dive coaster as lights illuminate the track for your drop 90 degrees straight down.

For more information or to purchase the Summer Fun Card, please visit www.buschgardens.com/va or call (757) 229-4386. Guests also can purchase the Summer Fun Card at the park.

Reactions: Zimmy and jornor
Sent my ticket question in to Guest Relations via email and I got the thumbs up. 2-park flex tickets DO bounce.
Just wanted to update in case anyone else came to this thread with the same question. :)

Reactions: jornor and Nicole
Does anyone know if Platinum Passes expire after 5 years? I bought my Platinum Pass on August 5th, 2012 according to my order history and have been using the EZPay system since then. I noticed when looking at my bank account today that I hadn't been charged like usual on the 5th of the month and decided to log in and check on the website and it said my pass had expired. Is that the usual modus operandi after 5 years or did something go wrong?

There were indications a few years ago that they had decided to lock in your rates for only a few years at a time. Maybe they are really implementing that policy?

Are you going to call and ask? If so, please report back.

That's what I was thinking. I remember reading somewhere that you were locked in to your original price for up to 60 months but I've been unable to find anything that says that now.

More than likely I'll call then and find out for sure. I tried calling before posting on here and they said, "all of our associates are currently busy. Please hold for the next available associate. Your estimated wait time is 7 minutes" but I was on hold for 40 minutes before giving up and posting here. I'll call back again later and see what's up.

We have been on EZ-Pay for at least 5 years on our Platinum passes. Just logged in, and they show as active. I know I had a problem several years ago where the card they had on file expired, and they didn't have a current phone number or address for me. Easily remedied by a call to customer service.

phurst said:
We have been on EZ-Pay for at least 5 years on our Platinum passes. Just logged in, and they show as active. I know I had a problem several years ago where the card they had on file expired, and they didn't have a current phone number or address for me. Easily remedied by a call to customer service.

This is the most likely scenario. They don't go to much effort to let you know if the payment is rejected for some reason. My card expired several years ago. I didnt think to update it and had the same result. A call to Guest Services took care of it.

As for the 5 year rate thing...I've had my passes for a long time. When I signed up with EZPay, the deal was the rate was good forever. The wording is different now for new passes. Hoping we're grandfathered since we signed under different circumstances. $8 / month each for our Platinum passes is hard to let go.

Yes, that situation did happen to me a few years ago where the card expired and they didn't have contact info. I fixed it the same way, and yes I think I remember reading that the rate was good indefinitely when I originally got it.

Reactions: jornor
Yep, lazerdoc is completely right. The payment failed to process on the 5th like it was supposed to. Not sure why because I easily had sufficient funds in my account to cover it because I had just gotten paid the day prior and my card is still valid. The customer relations associate couldn't tell me why it failed to process, just that it didn't go through and she said it could have just been a system error with my bank when it tried to process. She was able to successfully charge it this time and my pass is valid again as if nothing changed so all is good! I'm relieved to know that that whole 5 year limit thing isn't happening. I like my current rate!

[split] New Membership Program

Th amount of free tickets this year is amazing. Just announced, Virginia First Responders and get a free single day ticket in May.

Reactions: deacfan31
RE: New Membership Program

People keep saying that but there is a cost to the park for FREE tickets.

Anyhow....EMS day is May 19th and they were selling "Discount Park Tickets" for that. Now they are basically letting everyone in free that day. So that right there is a huge loss in profit. Before you got Free Parking and a Free Picnic Lunch on EMS day but you had to buy a park ticket which they offered at a discount price. Now the whole day is free.....word of warning....dont go on the 19th.

Reactions: Nicole
We received this from BGW Marketing:

VIRGINIA’S FIRST RESPONDERS RECEIVE FREE ADMISSION TO BUSCH GARDENS IN MAY

“Thank You” Admission Offer for Virginia First Responders Starts May 4th

WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia (May 1, 2018) – Busch Gardens® Williamsburg will honor Virginia law enforcement officers, firefighters, paramedics and 911 dispatchers with a free admission and a special half-off admission discount for their family and friends. Beginning May 4 through May 31, this offer will be available for Virginia’s heroes to take a break and enjoy the world’s most beautiful theme park.

“This special offer honors individuals who work tirelessly every day to protect and serve our communities,” said park President Kevin Lembke. “It’s our way of saying thank you for your unwavering service.”

In addition to complimentary admission for the first responder, they also can receive up to four, single day discounted admissions to share with family and friends. Qualifying Virginia first responders include:

- Police Officers (Federal, State, Regional and Local)

- Sheriff Deputies

- Firefighters

- Emergency Medical Service personnel

- 911 dispatch operators

This special offer is only available at Busch Gardens’ ticket windows on scheduled operating days and must be redeemed by May 31, 2018. Parking is not included and restrictions apply. First responders must present current photo identification and credentials to receive the one complimentary admission and up to four single-day admission. All parties must be present at the time of the visit. This offer is not available online. Please visit www.buschgardens.com/responder for more information.

Busch Gardens is open Fri., Sat. and Sun. now through May 13. The park’s daily operation begins May 18.

Reactions: UncleDuncan
[split] New Membership Program

WDWRLD said:
People keep saying that but there is a cost to the park for FREE tickets.

Anyhow....EMS day is May 19th and they were selling "Discount Park Tickets" for that. Now they are basically letting everyone in free that day. So that right there is a huge loss in profit. Before you got Free Parking and a Free Picnic Lunch on EMS day but you had to buy a park ticket which they offered at a discount price. Now the whole day is free.....word of warning....dont go on the 19th.

Looks like the PEMS Council is still selling discount tickets...

https://www.picatic.com/event15210584389319

^It's about time they're doing this. BGT and SeaWorld have been doing this in the fall for the last few years.

Reactions: UncleDuncan

Yes looks like they are. But who would buy them now that they can get them free. And how would you like to be those that have already bought tickets through them and can now get in free.

WDWRLD said:
Yes looks like they are. But who would buy them now that they can get them free. And how would you like to be those that have already bought tickets through them and can now get in free.

The way I am reading it if you use your free ticket you don't get the free lunch. The lunch deal appears to be included in the discount ticket sale price. I not sure but I would guess parking is a similar deal. Also its ONE free ticketN for first responders if you are taking a family you are still paying for the rest.

it is one free ticket to use sometime in the month of may, plus up to 4 50% off tickets in the month of may for friends and family

those who bought tickets aren't out of luck, they can use their free ticket for another day in may

Reactions: Unagi

I guess my take is that getting people through the door is half the battle that's going on. Get people in the door, (hopefully) give them a great experience, and give them a reason for coming back. Struggling business 101.

If you can do what you can to get people that normally wouldn't be coming to your business to come in, then you make them have a reason to return. And what you look at is where can we offer value, but still make a profit on this person coming in the door.

For BGW they've done the math that what they are losing on the ticket to get in the door, they are confident that they can make enough money to offset that they pull out of the admission price before counting it as profit. And I would be willing to bet a large amount in that they make most of that up in food.

Just a quick example of how they can make a huge amount on food:
When my family had a bakery, we sold a pretzel dog. Per dog it cost $0.145; the pretzel part cost us $0.095 per unit; the cheese was $0.07 per dog. Total of $0.31 to make per dog. Labor another $.50 so we spent a total of $.81 and operating the equipment cost another $.10 per dog. We spend a total of $0.91 per pretzel dog to make. We charged $2.50 for the pretzel dog. Made over $1.50 per dog. When we bundled the $2.50 hot dog; $1.00 bag of chips; $1.50 soda, we charged $4.00.

Based on what I see some people say here they would complain we're giving away the chips, but in reality we're still turning a good profit because of how little the fountain soda and pretzel dog make to offset the cost of the chips. And what it does is gets people to try our products, and get's them to come back and try other higher profit margin items.

So BGW doing this with free and discounted tickets (which BTW happens at most parks across the country and isn't just a BGW thing) they are hoping that the family/individual would spend enough in the park to offset the free entry. And then they are working to make them want to return at a full price time so that they turn a family that was unlikely to come, into a family that would return at RAC rates, and possibly turn them into a member, so in the long run they can maximize the income to the park from that family.

Basically:
This is a common business practice and if it wasn't a proven path to obtaining new customers no one would do it.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad