Tickets & Passes

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Sep 25, 2016
Has BGW had fun passes in the past that include both the Halloween and Christmas events. Last year we got fun passes for Christmas Town so we could visit more than one day. We'd like to visit Halloween as well this year, but would prefer a multi-day visit to try and see everything. The current fun passes I'm seeing on the website, plus what we paid last year for Christmas Town fun cards almost make memberships worth looking at, but we don't typically visit BGW during the summer so memberships seem like overkill. Any advise would be appreciated on navigating the ticket options. Note: This would be for 2 adults and 2 children.
My situation is close to the above, except that we won't have 2 children coming along... we plan to go to BGW once for HOS and once for CT and don't plan to go at all during other times of the year as we live 30 miles north of KD and go there a lot.

If they had the HOS and CT included with the Fun Card it would be an easy decision and we'd get that, but since only HOS is included and it doesn't seem like the best move to get a membership - so for us I think just getting separate tickets is the best move?

Sep 24, 2018
My situation is close to the above, except that we won't have 2 children coming along... we plan to go to BGW once for HOS and once for CT and don't plan to go at all during other times of the year as we live 30 miles north of KD and go there a lot.

If they had the HOS and CT included with the Fun Card it would be an easy decision and we'd get that, but since only HOS is included and it doesn't seem like the best move to get a membership - so for us I think just getting separate tickets is the best move?
I believe last year the park charged close to the same price for CT as the rest of the year. So you are looking at about $180 for 2 day tickets per person. Add on top of that you will have to pay $20 for parking each time and you come to an average of $200 per person. A 1 park unlimited membership costs $185.88 per person and you get rewards like free bring a friend tickets, 10% if food and merchandise and free parking. A membership really is a great deal and for both situations likely they cheapest option. Screenshot_20190916-183010.png

Nov 30, 2018
I believe last year the park charged close to the same price for CT as the rest of the year. So you are looking at about $180 for 2 day tickets per person. Add on top of that you will have to pay $20 for parking each time and you come to an average of $200 per person. A 1 park unlimited membership costs $185.88 per person and you get rewards like free bring a friend tickets, 10% if food and merchandise and free parking. A membership really is a great deal and for both situations likely they cheapest option.
Last year my CT fun cards were $54 each and we went for 2 days. Right now fall/spring/summer fun cards are $92 and 2 day tickets are $85. A single membership might make sense for the free parking, but since we have little interest in additional spring/summer trips, both the fun cards and membership are overkill.

If they had a fall/winter fun card for $92, that would be perfect, but instead I’m having to look at contorted options to add a HOS trip.

Reactions: jeffh
Sep 24, 2018
Personally I still recommend the memberships because I think it's one of those things where is you have them you'll go more. For instance you are missing on my favorite event which is Food and Wine. Also sooner nights is a lot of fun.

Nov 30, 2018
Personally I still recommend the memberships because I think it's one of those things where is you have them you'll go more. For instance you are missing on my favorite event which is Food and Wine. Also sooner nights is a lot of fun.
Food and wine is nice, but it’s not worth the drive just for that. There are plenty of food and wine fests locally that are just as good or better, though we did attend this year with free tickets I had.

We already have season passes to KD, which makes BGW memberships unnecessary outside of major events. For my kids, the rides are about the same at KD and KD is an hour less drive each way.

Reactions: jeffh and belsaas
Login or Register to Hide This Ad