Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
A different type of post then usually as this is about the actual quality and not where it's lacking. I was at the park yesterday with a friend who works for a different park in ticketing at a high level. We stopped and had a brief chat with the ticketing people working the gate about how impressed she was with the system BGW is using. It was very enlightening as I learned that the system the park's use is a SEA developed in house system. Apparently while it's currently WIFI based the goal is in the near future to have a fully cellular capable backup ability for the system allowing them to process tickets in the event of an internet outage. It was quite impressive to hear especially when my friend confirmed that the average tick to process each ticket was about half what any standard ticket software that she had looked at was expected to preform at.

A different type of post then usually as this is about the actual quality and not where it's lacking. I was at the park yesterday with a friend who works for a different park in ticketing at a high level. We stopped and had a brief chat with the ticketing people working the gate about how impressed she was with the system BGW is using. It was very enlightening as I learned that the system the park's use is a SEA developed in house system. Apparently while it's currently WIFI based the goal is in the near future to have a fully cellular capable backup ability for the system allowing them to process tickets in the event of an internet outage. It was quite impressive to hear especially when my friend confirmed that the average tick to process each ticket was about half what any standard ticket software that she had looked at was expected to preform at.
Ticketing is done well, it's everything else that is not. Quick queue and other benefits. Would be nice everything could just work off a single card/app like WDW

Ticketing is done well, it's everything else that is not. Quick queue and other benefits. Would be nice everything could just work off a single card/app like WDW
I believe that the scanners that turnstiles has at bgw also are supposed to be distributed at some point to quick queue entrances. Also, if I’m not mistaken, WCUSA is also supposed to be getting these new scanners too. I asked and they said they’re supposed to.

I believe that the scanners that turnstiles has at bgw also are supposed to be distributed at some point to quick queue entrances. Also, if I’m not mistaken, WCUSA is also supposed to be getting these new scanners too. I asked and they said they’re supposed to.
Based on the conversation yesterday I can confirm that all SEA parks should be using them soon. Also they are apparently Google phones with the company software program on them.

Ticketing has been handled in house for as long as I know. From my understanding, the underlying system was built under AB and they have just been able to improve it over time.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad