Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
A new summer evening show themed to the Three Musketeer will debut next summer in the Royal Palace Theater. Busch Gardens Williamsburg's Director of Entertainment calls it an action packed stage spectacular and made an attempt to distance it from the musicals we've seen out of the park as of late.

Interesting... I'm very intrigued for the first time in ages.

Reactions: flamanar
I think the director is second in command under the Vice President of the department.

I like the idea I think this gives a more balanced entertainment lineup. This sounds like it could be a decent show for families with kids in the 9 and up range something that the park really has needed.

Reactions: Peej1212
Zachary said:
...[an action packed stage spectacular]

When I heard this, I thought "Oh goodness, not a Universal style show." While I don't really dislike Universal in general, I hate their show format. With so many automated action effects, the shows get old much faster in my opinion. It gives the performers less room to keep it fresh.

I think a break from musicals could actually be refreshing. I think they are going to need a strong, original story to make it work. I'm a little bit worried that this will end up like Festivale Italiano if they aren't careful. It wasn't a bad show by any means, but they literally just took a bundle of former street performances, and plopped it on a stage. I hope that doesn't happen here.

If I were a betting man, I would bet that they are returning the moat. They still have the water pump in-tact backstage.

I too am skeptical about the show's concept, and I really hope it turns out to be a good show. However if it does maintain the caliber of say, a Universal show, I won't worry about it getting old too quickly. Especially since this is just a summer-time show and it seems like the running time will be 1 1/2 to 2 months at the most, so I think it'll hardly be running long enough to "get old."

But really, in all honesty, I don't care if this show is total crap, or the best thing the park has ever produced. It is replacing Star Spangled Nights and if I don't like it, then I can just decide to not go see it. Something you couldn't do with the previous forms of summer events(unless you avoided the entire park, and/or an entire section of the park).

Reactions: CastleOSullivan
Not sure it's replacing star spangled nights. Just cause 2016 is a July start date doesn't mean it's a replacement. Nothing was said yesterday that led me to believe it was a replacement.

^Technically we can't yet say "nothing" is replacing Star Spangled Nights. After it was confirmed Illuminights wouldn't return for 2014, many of us assumed there wouldn't be another event. Star Spangled Nights wasn't announced till months later.

We're not out of the woods yet.

Carl said that they were getting rid of Star Spangled Nights and trying something new, referring to the new show. So based off of that I would say it's doubtful that there will be an event along with the show. I couldn't imagine anything more than a name for the time period the show will be running, like "Summer Nights," which they used in the past for when Kinetix ran, and BGT uses currently, since they still have Kinetix.

Logistically, I can almost fully guarantee that the park will not be able to afford a show in the RPT and a full blown summer event like Illuminights, SSN, or just nightly/weekend fireworks in general at the same time.

Reactions: Nicole
"action-packed" gives me hopes for a more Imaginique styled show to return? Anything is better than the has-been concert series we've had the last several summers (except this one; it was so nice to not have to deal with concert goers).

Something tells me we could still see some type of fireworks display in 2016 during the summer. Not as much as this year but something. It does draw a crowd.

Reactions: horsesboy
Imaginique said:
I'm sure they will do fireworks at least on 4th of July.

I agree, they have done 4th of July Fireworks for over 10 years , I doubt that is going away anytime soon.

Edit: Actually, as I think about it, it is probably over 15 years....Maybe even more?

Reactions: Nicole
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad