Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
As leaked:

glissade13 said:
Busch knows Entwined was a bomb. But they have to run Entwined again to justify the money that went into it. But Busch has plans to ressurect the previously scrapped show "Roll out the Barrel," which was an updated Oktoberfest show. The plan is to run Entwined at the Festhaus early in the day for kids and run the new show later in the day for adults. Of course, with Busch this is always subject to change, now, next week, anytime up untill opening day, and even after opening day.

Zachary said:
Thank you very much for the info glissade13!

I can confirm. Current plan is to have two shows running in Das Festhaus for 2013. Entwined in the morning and Roll Out the Barrel/This is Oktoberfest in the evening. I'm not 100% on the name of the second show. I've been told that the vast majority of work and budget is going into the new show.

RE: New Das Festhaus Show for 2013

The only park I have seen that be successful for is Disney's Magic Kingdom in front of the castle because of course they had no props. How are we going to change the Black Forest with Ginger houses and a fantasy castle into an Oktoberfest show?

Bryant said:
The only park I have seen that be successful for is Disney's Magic Kingdom in front of the castle because of course they had no props. How are we going to change the Black Forest with Ginger houses and a fantasy castle into an Oktoberfest show?

I would think they could start with the normal Oktoberfest atmosphere, and then have the fairy godmother say something/wave her wand and shortly after, the show begins. Maybe the peppermint pathways could just be projections, and you know from Howl-O-Scream that the little kids love the moving laser projections. After the show, it could switch back to Oktoberfest. They can do a lot of fantastic things with proper lighting. Just think how much Gloria improved after they changed the lighting the second year. Plus, from what we've heard it's done by the same creative team that did Gloria and Fiends. I have to say I am pretty excited about this!

Reactions: flamanar

However, there are two pathways that this idea could take. It could be perfect with the two shows having no interaction (like no gingerbread houses of candy canes in roll out the barrel) or they could do it very bad and have it be Oktoberfest in a book of Brothers Grimm. I hope they can pull this off successfully

Reactions: flamanar

Use curtians and lighting and this will work. Props can be easily changed and hidden. There will proably be a few things to change each day but I'm sure the park has a plan for this.

CastleOSullivan said:
and you know from Howl-O-Scream that the little kids love the moving laser projections.

Not lasers... Intelligent moving head lights with ghost/spider/bat gobos.

Reactions: Party Rocker

Zachary said:
I've been told that the vast majority of work and budget is going into the new show.
By budget for the new show, do you mean the "new and improved" version of Entwined or the new German show?

Is this the show they ran part of season before last with the puppets and The Lonely Goatherd song and the benches on stage that they danced on or something new?

I wish there was some way they could bring back the rising stage. In this case I'm thinking of an updated stage that would look like the stage is now, except they can switch to the rising stage. I know it's very unlikely, but they could make the center of the stage maybe 3 feet higher than the rest, and have the supports come out of the floor to set the "rising stage". It would also go great with the extra room they have on the new stage. If you look at the construction pictures below from last year, it may help you understand my idea a bit more.
P.S. remember I didn't say this is at all likely, this is just for the sake of discussion

Jesy said:
Is this the show they ran part of season before last with the puppets and The Lonely Goatherd song and the benches on stage that they danced on or something new?

The new show is exactly what it is. A new show. It is supposed to be similar to This is Oktoberfest, and wil have the same or similar theme, but it will be quite very new.

Reactions: flamanar and Jesy

Thanks, Party Rocker, I was just wondering because the last season they started off with the usual show. They had the song In München steht ein Hofbräuhaus and used to say...sing along..and we always laughed because..who would know German lyrics to that? And we vowed as a family to learn the lyrics and sing along and then they changed the show. It was still German but did the Goatherd song and new dancing and wasn't even run the whole year. And next year Entwined took over so that was such a short run for a newish show that I had to wonder.

As far as I remember, this is Oktoberfest did not run at all during the 2012 season. They had Entwined do a preview during Passmember Preview Day and then it opened as the main show the following weekend.

Reactions: Party Rocker
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad