Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Luke

Pusheen Gardens
Silver Donor
Jul 20, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
By Susan Robertson,
srobertson@vagazette.com
The Virginia Gazette
6:35 p.m. EST, January 6, 2015

WILLIAMSBURG — A Norfolk man whom police say rifled through lockers at Busch Gardens and stole items from park visitors was convicted on two counts of grand larceny Tuesday in circuit court.

Samuel David Flaskey, 32, pleaded guilty on both charges, which steam from incidents on Aug. 10 and Aug. 15. Flaskey waived indictment on both counts, proceeding on a criminal information instead.

As part of the plea agreement, Flaskey was ordered to pay restitution, including those in which charges were dropped in general district court. Judge Michael E. McGinty said Flaskey could face a combined 40 years in prison and $5,000 fine when he's sentenced on March 11.

On Aug. 30, 2014 Busch Gardens provided James City police with information regarding the theft of guests belonging in the locker area near the Verbolten roller coaster, according to criminal complaints against Flaskey. The documents indicate Flaskey was identified as a suspect and the theme park provided security footage of the locker area, which showed guests placing items in lockers and Flaskey taking them.

Cathy Black, deputy commonwealth's attorney, said Flaskey would hang out near the bank of lockers, where she noted people stow their belongings while riding the coaster but often don't lock them. She said on both days in question Flaskey was going through lockers in search of ones that were unlocked.

A criminal complaint in the Aug. 10 states a woman placed a bag next to the lockers near the wall just before 4 p.m. It notes that about 30 minutes later Flaskey is seen on video entering the area with a young boy, whom Flaskey positions in front of the bag to obstruct the view before grabbing the bag. The document indicates that the bag contained a cellphone and personal items valued at $219.

Around 10 p.m. on Aug. 15 a man reported to police that his backpack had been stolen from a locker near the coaster, according to one complaint. It states the bag contained two iPhones, credit cards, a car key, medications and two pairs of prescription sunglasses with a combined value of $1,600.

Robertson can be reached at 757-345-2342.

Source: http://www.vagazette.com/news/va-vg-cc-flaskey-larceny-plea-0107-20150106,0,4422960.story

RE: Man pleads guilty to thefts from Busch Gardens lockers

Zachary said:
Please stay on topic.

You're right, I forgot.

If the shrubbery was up to snuff, I bet this man wouldn't have stolen from the good christian people who attend BGW.

Reactions: Thomas

And I repeat, please stay on topic. Off topic posts hinder legitimate discussion and will be deleted.

Reactions: MrLaptop

Zachary said:
And I repeat, please stay on topic. Off topic posts hinder legitimate discussion and will be deleted.

Oh, kind of like Alpen's CT thread(s)? Clearly on topic.

Reactions: Thomas

Actually they are. Read the thread title. The content matches. Your posts have nothing to do with the topic at hand and will be deleted if they continue. Additionally please note that continued blatent disruption is cause for a ban.

Reactions: MrLaptop and John

Zachary said:
Actually they are. Read the thread title. The content matches. Your posts have nothing to do with the topic at hand and will be deleted if they continue. Additionally please note that continued blatent disruption is cause for a ban.

Didn't know Christmas Town 4667 BC actually happened. Pretty sure it started in 2009, no? If the wiki was up, more people might be informed of his spam post.

I log onto this website to read news about the park(s). Not read about a person's personal opinion on religion....and throw a bitch-fit about it.

Anyway, I glad the park can stick to its guns on certain policies, creates a sense of stability when attending the park.

Again, the thread content matches the thread title David.

I'd appreciate it if you'd leave this legitimate news thread alone.

John said:
I log onto this website to hear news about the park(s). Not read about a person's personal opinion on religion....and throw a bitch-fit about it.

Anyway, I glad the park can stick to its guns on certain policies, creates a sense of stability when attending the park.

Huh, didn't know I was bitching. I made 2 post on the topic. Which included factual information. Relax there fruitcake.

The Rules said:
Inappropriate content is prohibited, including but not limited to:

Personal insults or attacks targeting any (real) person;

This is the third time tonight I've had to cite a rule to you David. Consider this your official warning.

Zachary said:
The Rules said:
Inappropriate content is prohibited, including but not limited to:

Personal insults or attacks targeting any (real) person;

This is the third time tonight I've had to cite a rule to you David. Consider this your official warning.

Does that mean he got a warning for attacking me first? I sure hope so. Did you get one for thanking the post?

Hypocrisy

David, he didn't engage in childish name calling. He presented an accurate look at what your actions look like to everyone else. I'd advise you to stop before you make a bigger fool of yourself.

Luke said:
I left some stuff in one of those un-locked lockers. I don't think I'll do that again.

Me too, and it was recently, had my wallet with all my gift-cards from Christmas in it too. I was worried as sh*t. It was also in a place where these were stolen.

Reactions: Luke and John

You are still off topic. There are people attempting to contribute to the topic at hand and you are actively and purposefully derailing discussion. Stop now.

Does anyone know if the park has taken action like this in the past?

Security got mad at me when i took pics of the new coaster. :( But it looks like security actually did there job in this case.

Reactions: John and David
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad