Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Cool guys, thanks. Now whats your take on mid October? Its even further away from opening day, but NOW its HHN. Would I see a significant jump form mid Sept and Mid Oct?

Nicole said:
I will be there in early August.  I anticipate extreme pain.

Good luck!  I hope you're staying in one of the Universal Resort hotels so you can avoid this for a bit with early entry for resort guests.

54408252.jpg

crazy+harry+potter+line+2.jpg

I am staying at the Royal Pacific, specifically to get into the park early for two days, and to get front of the line passes.

Normally, I just stay at our beach condo, but I am making an exception, because I expect things to be so ugly. Unfortunately, our schedule is being driven entirely by my step-daughter's school calendar, and Ohio starts much earlier than Virginia.

Pity me...

(I'll go back, of course, when the crowds are more manageable.)

Reactions: Unagi
Just two adjoining rooms. The math wasn't completely awful, when you take into account the benefits that come with the room. And we get the ERT and passes for both the days we check in and check out.

Reactions: Unagi
^I've never stayed there but my friends stayed in the Kids Suite and I went over there to see the rooms. It's a wonderful hotel and the staff there is great. And I got a quick glimpse of the presidential suite which was amazing but definitely out of my price range! LOL

Reactions: Nicole
Doc Bouvier said:
Cool guys, thanks. Now whats your take on mid October? Its even further away from opening day, but NOW its HHN. Would I see a significant jump form mid Sept and Mid Oct?

If you go in mid October during the early part and middle of the week and during the daytime before any of the HHN stuff starts then you should be fine.

My family and I might be going to Universal later this month, the details/plans haven't been verified yet. That being said, if everything works out I will be staying onsite at the Cabana Bay Beach Resort and going to the park early to see Diagon Alley. I will take plenty of pictures and I will give you guys my review of the new area.

Reactions: Nicole
This is the biggest thing in themed entertainment this year, and possibly ever.
Once school is back in, sure the crowds will lower, but by how much? Is this thing so big that even in the slower months (Sept, Nov, Jan. etc) when the rest of the park(s) are dead., Harry Potter will still be jam packed? I, like most have a cap of about one hour I want to wait in line. Theres a good question..at what point in the future will Gringotts be an hour or less wait?

Well if you want any of the Harry Potter rides to be less than an hour get in line like five or ten minutes before close and the ride should be dead. I would not recomend waiting in line during the day, just ride all the other rides then about an hour before the park closes the section should be fairly quiet. Thats what my family did and we experienced everything Hogsmade had to offer.

It'll probably have that new-car-smell for a good 2-4 years. Unless they make new movies based on the IP I can't see a sustained level of 'omfg wow' for the rides/attractions like, say, Disney possesses with their IPs.

Example: The ET Adventures

Edit: fixed wonky sentence.

Yeah, good thoughts guys. I think Im going September 11th. The kids are back in school and its before H.H. Nights. Hit the early entry that morning, do the rest of the park and maybe swing back through that night. Ive thought about this trip seven ways and while it will still be busy, a Thursday in mid September is probably the best it's going to get for me. Reggae you're right, that "new car smell" will linger for a while.

Very happy to announce that Gringotts reached a wait of 450 minutes! Also known as 7 hours and 30 minutes. Congratulations Universal! Frozen used to have long waits of 250 but maybe it should just let it go!

Reactions: netdvn and Unagi
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad