Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Oct 18, 2012

Another great look at the Gringotts animatronics.  Also a preview of Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour's flavours (gave that an English spelling :) )  I'm heading to Orlando on Monday and visiting Disney, SeaWorld, Busch Tampa (for the first time) and then to Universal parks for 5 days on May 27.  I'm so hoping for a soft opening.  Reviews when I return.

Owls R A Hoot

Mother, you're driving me insane
Sep 9, 2012
North Carolina <3
We have an opening date now of July 8th!! Whoohoo!!
photo.php

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary

Owls R A Hoot

Sep 9, 2012
North Carolina <3
That is the only video I don't want to watch because we are going next month at the end of July and I don't want it to be spoiled for me. But everything else I've seen looks amazing. The Dragon on top of Gringott's is just jaw dropping beautiful. The details around every corner. We can't wait to see it all in person.

Reactions: Connor

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I refuse to look at any more previews. We are going in August and I want everything to me completely new to me, when we get there.

I am so very, very excited.

Reactions: pandorazboxx

Owls R A Hoot

Sep 9, 2012
North Carolina <3
Here is the webcast they aired last night for the Red Carpet Event. Part 1 and 2

Reactions: Unagi
Jul 22, 2010
The park is currently flat out, gorgeous. This period really is the greatest for the Resort in its entire history. Nothing has looked better, energy has never been higher, and never has anything there just been so phenomenal. I put my trip off to their for end of the summer due to some INSANELY high bookings I have been informed of.

The scenes on Tonight show depict the park AS IT IS and not certain things dolled up and shot in multiple takes over multiple days to ensure the sky is just right as Disney does. It is presented outstanding as is because it IS outstanding as is.

Take careful note as Universal is THE pinnacle in themed Entertainment on the globe right now. They understand if you build and build with quality then the dollars will soon follow, just look at the income increase. Universal is doing it right and ALL could take some good notes from them right now.

The amazing thing is not even what is about to open but just how much more is TO COME!

This is one of the rare instances I will request this and I know many others will as well. Can be please keep this as spoiler free as possible and use tags as applicable.

Apr 29, 2011
Atlantis said:
This is one of the rare instances I will request this and I know many others will as well. Can be please keep this as spoiler free as possible and use tags as applicable.

+1

I'm now putting a self-imposed media block on everything and anything that has to do with Diagon Alley.

Inside The Magic posted a POV of the Hogwarts Express train ride. So tempted to watch it but I'm not going to.

Feb 18, 2014
Hey guys. Im planning a trip on September 11th and 12th and wanted to get some opinions on crowd levels. I know the initial hit of opening will wane a bit, but how much? Sept. is usually a slow month, but still, what do you y'all think about specific wait times? Do you guys think we will still be looking at 2hr+
waits?

Apr 29, 2011
Doc Bouvier said:
Hey guys. Im planning a trip on September 11th and 12th and wanted to get some opinions on crowd levels. I know the initial hit of opening will wane a bit, but how much? Sept. is usually a slow month, but still, what do you y'all think about specific wait times? Do you guys think we will still be looking at 2hr+
waits?

I went to Orlando after Labor Day in 2010.  Waited 20 minutes max for Forbidden Journey the following Wednesday.  Dueling Dragons had a two train wait.  The park wasn't crowded at all but everyone seemed to be hanging out in The Wizarding World.  The lines for Ollivander's wand shop was the worst with over an hour wait and all the stores were pretty busy. All other areas in IOA were practically dead.  Went again on Friday and the crowds were significantly bigger.  I got there at opening so I was able to get on Forbidden Journey and only wait 10 minutes but the queue times significantly blew up shortly after. I didn't ride it again that day as the wait times got to over 2 hours.  

Now I'm not sure how the crowds will be when you go but it seems like there are more options now to disperse the crowd between the two parks with the Hogwarts Express Plus there are other new attractions at Universal to draw crowds and helps spread out the crowd.

Reactions: Doc Bouvier

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Don't y'all think the crowds will be as bad as when they opened Hogsmeade?

Apr 29, 2011
Nicole said:
Don't y'all think the crowds will be as bad as when they opened Hogsmeade?

It'll probably be as bad or worse, especially since the two areas are connectable with the Hogwarts Express. When Wizarding World opened there was only one main ride (The Forbidden Journey) that debuted. This new area will have two with Gringotts and the train ride. Also, the fairly new attractions at Universal Studios like Transformers: The Ride and the new Simpsons land are still a pretty big draw.

Jul 22, 2010
Unagi said:
It'll probably be as bad or worse, especially since the two areas connectable with the Hogwarts Express.  When Wizarding World opened there was only one main ride (The Forbidden Journey) that debuted.  This new area will have two with Gringotts and the train ride.  Also, the fairly new attractions at Universal Studios like Transformers: The Ride and the new Simpsonland are still a pretty big draw.

This exactly. People will also see that no matter what park they are going into they can ride it which will SLAM both. The train connecting is a move well played.

Reactions: Unagi

Ben

Apr 12, 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
This is why I'm not visiting for at least a year, Ive seen the crowds from when WWOHP I opened and it compares to the groups of people in Europe watching the world cup they show during the games

Reactions: Connor

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I can't wait that long. I just can't. I am counting on the ERT.

Reactions: Parkgoer
Jul 22, 2010
Nicole said:
I can't wait that long. I just can't.  I am counting on the ERT.
I will be there before summer is out. Exact dates? beats me. But a group of friends with nothing else to do and a couple hour wait won't kill me.

Reactions: Nicole
Apr 29, 2011
Tyrion said:
This is why I'm not visiting for at least a year, Ive seen the crowds from when WWOHP I opened and it compares to the groups of people in Europe watching the world cup they show during the games

You don't have to wait that long. As I stated earlier I went right after Labor Day opening year (2010) and I had an enjoyable day at the park with light to mild crowds. I also went back in early November to hit up the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot and Festival of the Masters at Downtown Disney and the crowds at IOA were very light. Forbidden Journey only had a 15 minute wait and Dueling Dragons was a walk-on to a one-train wait.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad