Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Just some speculation on my part, but the removal of The Whip makes me think a food service venue will go in there. Currently, Midway only has an ice cream parlor, and in the past had a food truck (most recently, this had Dark Nights drinks/snacks). If they're building a larger entry plaza for Wildcat's Revenge and Laff Trakk, this option for food would need to find a new home.

Could have seating/food window similar to the pizza place across from SkyRush. During Dark Nights, the tables were cleared out for a queue and the food ordering window had tator tots and mixed drinks, so I could see a similar setup coming here. The Whip area was already used as queue during the first season of Dark Nights, minus the ride area itself.

I can’t recall any recent visit where this ride was even remotely busy. Add in how loud it is for people with sensory issues and I can see why they’d want to use the space otherwise.

Reactions: Furyous Baco 325
If they build a star flyer with a Hershey Kisses topper on it in that spot I'm officially claiming credit for the idea circa 2018.

If they're the good kind of insane they would've listened to my suggestion to wipe Midway clean other than Wildcat and Lightning Racer and build it up from scratch but that will never happen.

EDIT: I am also not ashamed to say that the Whip was an operational and maintenance nightmare due to the way it was built. All the other ones typically run on either a wooden or steel floor but for whatever goddamn reason Hershey decided to run it on garage sealant layered concrete with metal wheels instead of any sort of rubber or plastic. Created the most god awful noise in the world that even ear plugs failed to properly filter out and I would not be shocked if ops have some sort of permanent hearing damage because of that ride.

Good. Riddance.

EDIT: I am also not ashamed to say that the Whip was an operational and maintenance nightmare due to the way it was built. All the other ones typically run on either a wooden or steel floor but for whatever goddamn reason Hershey decided to run it on garage sealant layered concrete with metal wheels instead of any sort of rubber or plastic. Created the most god awful noise in the world that even ear plugs failed to properly filter out and I would not be shocked if ops have some sort of permanent hearing damage because of that ride.

Good. Riddance.

Totally agreed! That's why I don't get all the sad emojis from Gavin's post above. This ride wasn't that great and it produced a horrible cacophonous noise. The first time I ever heard it operate I thought the park was running some machinery for a construction project.

While I’m not really lamenting the loss of the whip I hate the Hershey doesn’t really announce stuff ahead.
Considering I can’t remember ever seeing the ride full, I’m not sure this is a big missing announcement. HP did announce Wildcats closure, so I can give them a pass on this.

Considering I can’t remember ever seeing the ride full, I’m not sure this is a big missing announcement. HP did announce Wildcats closure, so I can give them a pass on this.
IIRC falcon was known by enthusiasts but not in general. CRR, Giant Wheel, the old slides. All things removed without notice. I’m glad they said something on Wildcat but that was the exception not the norm.

A few years ago the whip was supposed to be removed and turned into a new station for dry gulch. Maybe with the addition of Wildcats Revenge they are finally going to do it. This could be to help traffic go all the way back there.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad