Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
See when you have always been a fan of bad teams, as I have, you get to relish in teams with over the hill quarterbacks and over hyped coaches...

Well if it makes you feel better then carry on. I mean you really can't be proud of a team that has had a disastrous overall won-loss record since their last Superbowl almost 30 years ago and has only made the playoffs six times! LOL

Also lets be clear I am also a Browns fan...

gizmo-lol.gif

That's cute. My Tar Heels have almost that many in women's soccer alone.

Back to Steel Curtain....

Here's extensive media coverage from the local CBS station.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As for those asking:
The Rooney’s (Steelers ownership) isn’t paying for the naming rights. Kennywood bought into partnership to do this, and the Rooney’s cut them a break. The Rooney family often allows their name and Steelers logo to be used through the city without asking for much in return.

I don't care about sports at all and I was very skeptical of the theme, but now that I've seen it in person, I think it works really well honestly.

Kennywood is a weird park where things work well that wouldn't work literally anywhere else I've ever visited. Steel Curtain doesn't interrupt that classic Kennyweird charm at all if you ask me. Frankly, it may be the most perfect steel city coaster ever constructed.

Kennywood is a weird park where things work well that wouldn't work literally anywhere else I've ever visited. Steel Curtain doesn't interrupt that classic Kennyweird charm at all if you ask me. Frankly, it may be the most perfect steel city coaster ever constructed.

This, absolutely this. There's something the pictures, the drawings, and all the coverage in the world that can't get across to anyone who hasn't been to Kennywood before.

Hrnggggg football.

I wish I wasn't currently broke right now, because I would love to go up there and ride this beast.

Actually, our whole trip up there was delightfully pierogie-filled for me! I had them at the park, but also a fun little restaurant we found downtown. I am fairly intrigued by the food scene in Pittsburg.

Reactions: Unagi
Actually, our whole trip up there was delightfully pierogie-filled for me! I had them at the park, but also a fun little restaurant we found downtown. I am fairly intrigued by the food scene in Pittsburgh.

Sorry that bothered me.

Ok so kinda related/unrelated to the ride. So my moms entire side of the family is from Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh area. In fact I’m only the 3rd generation on that side born in America (they came over during the time of WWI from Italy/Sicily).

So every summer I spent 2 weeks with my cousins in Pittsburgh. There were 7 of them and few places we could go that kids 10 years apart would enjoy. Kennywood was one of the few places we could go.

Add on the the reason I’m a Steelers fan, when I few up in New England, the Patriots were terrible. We had a long distance radio and could listen to Myron Cope call Steelers games.

So to me this ride, and the Steelers Country theme is something that hits back at a lot of memories from my childhood. I can’t wait to get there tomorrow and just relive some of that. I wish I could purposely park in the upper lot and take the skyride down again.

Reactions: Unagi
Anywho I do have a question about the ride itself:
Are the seats really as upright as they look? This things look to be at a perfect right angle.

First, no. The have very deep buckets. I really liked the seats and restraints, actually. I found both to be very comfortable. One odd thing about the restraints, though: they do not tighten on the lift hill. Wherever you set them in the station is where they remain for the ride.

About the rude spelling error: I am so sorry! My only excuse is pure exhaustion:

29 June: drive to Florida
30 July: Beach
1-2 July: Uni
3-4 July: Beach
5-6 July: SeaWorld, Margaritaville, and Island H2O Live
7-8 July: Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon
9 July: Beach
10 July: Drive to Arlington
11 July: Drive to Pittsburgh
12 July: Kennywood (starting at 5am) and drive to Arlington
13 July: Pack 26 ft moving truck
14 July: Move to Virginia Beach and unpack