Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

b.mac

huh?
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
Kennywood is a weird park. Kennywood's latest announcements and rumors for the past couple of years have been even weirder.

Rumored to be one of the parks on RMC's list for 2018 to receive a major coaster as early as mid-2016, the facts and rumors have twisted to the point of reality being warped for the park and anyone following along with the discussions. In 2017, leaked images showed a proposed layout for a coaster occupying the hillside they purchased a few years prior.

H0WtQAZ.jpg
bWVwudE.jpg

They also announced the removal of their famous Log Jammer, the only Log Flume left in the world with a gravity hill. As late 2017 rolled around, rumors surfaced that Kennywood would not be able to build the RMC in the proposed spot due to ground quality issues on the hillside. Another rumor followed around the same time that Kennywood couldn't afford an RMC addition, and instead was looking at other manufacturers with Premier being at the top of the list.

The rumor mill for their next addition has been a roller coaster ride in and of itself, and Kennywood is aware of how closely people have followed them. For their pre-season enthusiast tour, they teased ACE members with a power point slide stating "what's not next" pictured below:

KJksTY2Ik37Uya1X2HJoGgFF7msCWqsmh-grJnSMokE.png

Conveniently, they left out RMC's 4th offering of Topper Track. RMC does not advertise Topper Track as a "hybrid" coaster, and instead states they are wooden coasters. So RMC is still on the table, according to some. Also contrary to the rumors of the hillside being unusable, Kennywood is clearing land where the Log Jammer once stood in a similar spot to where the first proposed RMC layout was supposed to go on Instagram.

Kennywood has also previously stated they planned on bringing back the Turnpike, which was removed for the addition of Sky Rocket in 2009. So who knows where the next bit of rumors and facts will lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
May God help them if they're getting an RMC Raptor considering the amount of issues and problems going on with Wonder Woman at SFFT right now.

Unagi said:
May God help them if they're getting an RMC Raptor considering the amount of issues and problems going on with Wonder Woman at SFFT right now.

I'm fairly certain that the issues with Wonder Woman are blown way out of proportion due to construction delaying the opening of the ride, especially because they were supposed to have an ACE event prior to the ride officially opening which has been delayed indefinitely. RMC in my opinion stretched themselves too thin with having to build 5 different rides in different parts of the country, especially since they recently expanded their factory to permit it. Either way Kennywood has listed a Raptor as one of the attractions they're not getting, same with T-Rex and Hybrid.

b.mac said:
I'm fairly certain that the issues with Wonder Woman are blown way out of proportion due to construction delaying the opening of the ride, especially because they were supposed to have an ACE event prior to the ride officially opening which has been delayed indefinitely.

Trust me, they're not. I know someone working on the ride and it's a hot mess!

Don't freak out. I'm just as confused as you are.

These are the locations of all the footers and stakes that have been placed around the area so far this year, and they are color coded based on what the stakes say or the color of the marker flag.
unknown.png

My guess is anything that isn't blue is not super important to Project 2019. As they are likely telephone lines, sewer, electrical cable, and other infrastructure goodstuffs. Unless Kennywood is interested in making a Jaguar recreation, of course...

I don’t think I have ever seen the lagoon that low before. At least not during the regular season.

Wow I missed the boat over the past two weeks. Either way Kennywood is starting to tease the 2019 attraction by revealing a number every week up til announcement day in August. This week's number is 3.
unknown.png

Personally I think 197 is how tall the drop into the ravine is going to be while 3 will be how many inversions it has. Kennywood is not big on looping rides, as they only have 3 to my knowledge that bring riders upside down.

One week later, 2 more numbers scratched off.

Kennywood went back-to-back days scratching off the number 24 and the number 220, respectively.

I have no idea what this entails.

Ok, my guess here: 3 inversions, 197 foot lift hill, 220 foot drop, 120 foot inversion, 24 riders per train. Son of Phantom.

I was in kennywood yesterday. I didn’t see anything in the park with hints. I did get some pics of the construction site. But the pics are too large to upload. The lagoon has been filled in and the above footers are now in the water. I’d say only about 8inches or so is above the water line

Reactions: Zachary
One more left...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Now if I'm gonna take a guess on what they are.
3 - Number of inversions
9 - Number of ride elements (things the ride does)
24 - Number of seats per train
50 - Cycle time
75 - Top Speed
120 - Height of one of the elements
197 - Height of either a drop or one of the elements
220 - Highest point of the ride

Stage 2 is now go.

They have a crossword puzzle and a competition going for the first 12 people to guess what all 9 numbers are for. The crossword contains a variety of words, here's a few I've seen.

- Passengers
- Launches
- Wood
- Columns
- Egg
- Million Dollars
- Tallest Inversion
- Trex
- Suspended
- Elements
- Length

In addition to those words I’ve found
steel
airtime
speed
footers
Inversion

Last edited:
The Steel Curtain has been announced... and holy shit it is insane.

Steel%20Curtain%20Logo.png

Animated On-Ride POV:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Official Stats:

• Manufacturer: S&S
  • Height: 220 feet (Tallest in PA)
  • Speed: 75 mph
  • Inversions: 9 (Most in North America)
  • Tallest Inversion: 197 feet (Tallest in the World)
  • Lift Angle: 50 Degrees
  • Length: 4,000 Feet
  • Duration: 2 Minutes
  • Riders Per Train: 24
  • Records Set: 3

Coaster Concept Art:

Area Concept Art:

New official website for the project.

In other news, I'm happy to report that Nicole and I both got our word search entries correct! Hopefully at least one of us was one of the first 12 to submit the right answer!

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad