Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Nibbins

Resident Rat - They/Them
Sep 3, 2019
VA Beach
I was there earlier this year and printed our $10 vouchers in hopes to go paint some of the ceramics in New France with my daughter, but the place was closed that day.

We went to guest services the same day and explained to them how disappointed we were that the place was closed, so they re-dated the vouchers for us by writing a new date on them (the next weekend, when we told them we would be back) and signing it.

Reactions: outhikn
Oct 23, 2019
I've generally had a good experience with guest relations, but I know there is one lady there that doesn't belong there. She was complaining about her previous interaction over and over again in front of everyone. Like, go vent in the back out of customer ear range.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Two weird things I've overheard at guest services recently:
  1. An employee talking at length with a guest about how great Kings Dominion is as other customers waited for service
  2. A (to be clear, different) employee telling a guest they would never visit BGW as a guest and explaining that that's why they know very little about the park past Banbury
Walked away from the counter both of those days wondering what the fuck I had just witnessed.

Nibbins

Resident Rat - They/Them
Sep 3, 2019
VA Beach
Two weird things I've overheard at guest services recently:
  1. An employee talking at length with a guest about how great Kings Dominion is as other customers waited for service
  2. A (to be clear, different) employee telling a guest they would never visit BGW as a guest and explaining that that's why they know very little about the park past Banbury
Walked away from the counter both of those days wondering what the fuck I had just witnessed.
Yes, one of the guys in Guest Services was praising Kings Dominion to us as well earlier this year when my daughter was asking if they will bring back the All-season dining plan.

Guest Services seem to be the most disengaged employees.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Yeah at one point yesterday I ask if their was anyone hire up that I could speak to. The response I got was "no if you want to speak to someone else call the call center.". I asked if they were really suggesting that I call Florida to get help with an in park issue. " No our call center is actually in Jamaica so I am suggesting you call Jamaica.". That literally was how bad the experience was.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Yeah at one point yesterday I ask if their was anyone hire up that I could speak to. The response I got was "no if you want to speak to someone else call the call center.". I asked if they were really suggesting that I call Florida to get help with an in park issue. " No our call center is actually in Jamaica so I am suggesting you call Jamaica.". That literally was how bad the experience was.

I swear this has to actually be from a script for some sort of retail sitcom. WTF

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2017
We've been to Guest Services 4 times this year with various questions and problems. Not one time was it a good experience. Made no difference if it was the in park GS at the front or the main Guest Services building. Have heard similar conversations about KD and one time 2 TMs were arguing and yelling at each other. Went recently when there was no line and they still can't do hard passes. I just don't think they care. It has definitely gotten worse since covid.
We've visited the park every year since they opened in 1975. They didn't offer season passes right away but we have had passes since they started offering them. We recently had a conversation about whether we would continue after this year. We were trying to make it to the 50th but just not sure that is a goal worth reaching.

Aug 22, 2016
That sounds like a random insult when you’re done arguing with someone.. “oh, go call Jamaica!”

Can anyone explain why you have to print a voucher, then redeem a voucher for another voucher, and why it’s only good for that day? I get why you probably wouldn’t want people to be able to print bucks they could sell on the black market (being a little to tongue in cheek here), but why can’t they set it up so you swipe your card at the point of purchase? “I see you still have your $10 Busch Bucks available, would you like to apply it to this purchase?” How hard is that?

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Considering what an incredible challenge it apparently was to have meal credits appear as associated with a pass, I'm guessing they legitimately don't have the technology required.

Plus, even if they did have the technology, not making it incredibly irritating and inconvenient would defeat the purpose. These rewards are supposed to coax you into coming to the park—they'd very much prefer that you not actually use them when you arrive.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I’ve had several good experiences at Guest Relations recently. I find myself there whenever the kiosks fail, and they are always great about getting me my benefits. Admittedly, that isn’t a difficult or controversial request, but I thought I should point out that they aren’t all bad.

Mar 18, 2017
I too have had to go to Guest Services because of problems with the kiosks. Not to counter what you're saying Nicole but if they were doing their job correctly there would be no reason to visit Guest Relations because the kiosks didn't work. The kiosks should work all of the time. Sure, maybe one will break down but not the whole system. I found out this past winter that they turn the kiosks off & on from the computers inside of guest services. I have had them tell me, "Oops! We forgot to turn it on". And, you probably haven't been in a half hour or more line to wait for guest services to get a voucher the kiosks should have done in the first place. Or, better yet, waited in line to resolve a problem only to be told they can't help.

Mar 16, 2016
I’ve never really had an issue at guest services so I can’t really speak to any of this.

I don’t know how true this is, and if it is it’s a problem, but last time I needed GS help the person was struggling a bit, so I calmly explained what I needed. The long story short was my pass got wet, wouldn’t scan, so I had to pay for my meal (back when plans were a thing). They told me hit up GS on my way out to get some Busch Bucks and signed the receipt. Well the poor person working didn’t know how to just create them onto my account. They said their training was just basically trying to memorize a script of the most basic things people come to them for and after a day or two they were on their own.

Sadly I can easily envision SEAS not giving two shits about training and having a video and a script be handed over and that’s it.

Anyways. An antidotal way of saying that SEAS has really struggled to have all employees give the same standards.

Reactions: Alf33 and horsesboy
Dec 2, 2013
The only time I recall having an issue with GS was in 2016 at F&WF. It was our first time going, so I purchased the sampler ahead of time and had a printout. When we arrived, I saw people had the laminated cards on lanyards, so I asked at GS if they could transfer my sampler credits onto one and was told flat out that was impossible. We went to the Hawaii stand and a worker there offered (without me even asking) to give me a card instead of having to use the printout.

Nibbins

Resident Rat - They/Them
Sep 3, 2019
VA Beach
Out of curiosity were more marked similarly?
All the other design shirts around it were labeled around $30 with regular printed tags.

The tags on the Apollo's shirts behind this one on the same hanger did not have the handwriting on them and still seemed to be $19.99, but they were the same shirt, so either the handwritten tag was wrong or they changed it in the system and didn't bother to mark all the shirts with the new price.
The shirt in the front had the tag I took the picture of.

Reactions: Zachary and warfelg
Mar 16, 2016
All the other design shirts around it were labeled around $30 with regular printed tags.

The tags on the Apollo's shirts behind this one on the same hanger did not have the handwriting on them and still seemed to be $19.99, but they were the same shirt, so either the handwritten tag was wrong or they changed it in the system and didn't bother to mark all the shirts with the new price.
The shirt in the front had the tag I took the picture of.
Thanks for clarifying. Wonder is it was just an honest mismarked tag. Or some ass thought it was funny. Shoulda price checked. 🤣

Aug 16, 2012
I know it was hot as heck yesterday but the park was really lite in attendance. We were coming from my daughter's softball game to get the extra Busch Bucks and rewards. TONS of parking spots available. Inside the park you could tell how it wasn't busy. Maybe all the crowds went to Water Country.

Using the bucks we got dinner at Marco's and the smell coming out of the restaurant was god awful. I don't know if was the people near the soda machine or what but DAMN!

And I'm all in favor of adding a Festhaus train stop.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Using the bucks we got dinner at Marco's and the smell coming out of the restaurant was god awful. I don't know if was the people near the soda machine or what but DAMN!

I have noticed that recently to it seems to be coming from the floor drain that runs the front on the soda fountain area.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
I know it was hot as heck yesterday but the park was really lite in attendance. We were coming from my daughter's softball game to get the extra Busch Bucks and rewards. TONS of parking spots available. Inside the park you could tell how it wasn't busy. Maybe all the crowds went to Water Country.

That’s the experience I had two Sundays ago as well. It was fairly hot but not horrible, but the park was a ghost town. Even Pantheon was a near walk-on all day. Despite only two lines being open at the Festhaus, there wasn’t a wait for either of them even during peak lunch time.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen BGW so sparse on a weekend, and my experience is just yet another one to add to the list of observations of crowds being light lately.

Reactions: Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad