Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
Some good news out of SixFlags New England. The park has purchased the newer style trains from Vekoma with the must more comfortable vest style restraint. This is even better news considering the earlier announcement that seemed like an odd decision to install the VR system on a Vekoma SLC. I initially thought that it was a terrible idea to put VR headsets on an SLC since you need to see where the train is going in order to brace your head and neck. (Still not 100% sold on the concept though).

It also appears that the queue will be split in two so riders who want to ride without VR will queue and riders with VR will be in a staging area to strap on and get setup. They will alternate back and forth with one train for regular rides and one train with VR. This should help increase capacity.

Check it out here.

I hope they engineer a better approach to the split queue than SFA did last year on Superman. They just created two lines in the regular switch backs. It was virtually impossible to tell that there were two separate queues, until you got close to the station. We also got blocked from passing the VR line by a aggressively drunk/high guest, who was blocking the entire area.

Reactions: Zachary
That's ridiculous. Hopefully it's all clearly marked. I imagine if this is something SixFlags wants to do permenently they'll have proper signage.

Reactions: Nicole
I rode this earlier this month for the first time, so I can't compare the old ride to the new, but I will say this: The vests are very comfortable compared to other ride restriction systems (my sister, who's very small, said she felt much more secure in that vs. others as well), but the ride itself is anything but smooth. There was no VR there when I rode.

That's nice to hear, I can't imagine that the new restraints would improve the VR that much considering how much the layout bounces around. But it's great the the new restraints at least make the ride comfortable.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad