Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Zachary said:
Does anyone else find it rather amazing that we all seem to agree that the park's newest hamlet did the best job of embracing the park's signature "olde country" atmosphere? It's truly stunning just how far the park has shifted from that path in the years since.

Ahhh, you're just imagining things. You just hate change.

Seriously, though, they had become masters by the time of Ireland, lol. It's not unlike Disney movies, in a way. What we think of as the "formula" for how those movies are "always" made was actually not perfected until later on. Some of the later 2D Disney movies actually fit the "classic" Disney formula better than the older, truly classic Disney movies did. Compare Beauty and the Beast to Sleeping Beauty and you'll see what I mean. Beauty and the Beast is made according to the Disney template, but it's actually a better example of the template than the source material it was supposed to be emulating.

Now, sometimes what can happen after such a technique is mastered is that someone comes along who has seen it too many times and decides that what people really want now is something different, more mature, less cliched. This person is usually out of touch with the real pulse of the general audience, and after some initial critical success, runs into dead ends and does weird things that the audience can't identify with because it breaks the formula and just comes across as noisy and confusing.

Hey. Wait a minute...

Zachary said:
Does anyone else find it rather amazing that we all seem to agree that the park's newest hamlet did the best job of embracing the park's signature "olde country" atmosphere? It's truly stunning just how far the park has shifted from that path in the years since.
I think Hastings (which from what I've heard and read fit the olde country bill pretty well also) had some influence on Ireland fitting the said atmosphere. The designers of the hamlet probably wanted to keep that same aura it had, thus Ireland was made as a replacement that still made fans of Hastings happy because it appreciated the theme.

Reactions: Party Rocker
This looks like it was shot from the top of Grogan's. That'd be a cool angle to get a panoramic shot of the hamlet...

The freaking leprechaun in the wagon always scared me. I'd force my parents to go around the cart instead of passing right in front of it.

"The Clancy Show" as I always called it, before I realized it was called "Secrets of Castle O'Sullivan," freaked me out for some reason that I can't remember.

I liked the tree when I was really young until I realized that it was terrifying and it might eat me. I never went near it since and always covered my eyes when going into the store next to it...I was a paranoid little child...

P.S. If anyone can find the tree audio, I'd like to hear it. I'm not sure if it even says stuff anymore.

Very awesome!! Thanks so much for this. I have been wanting to hear the whole thing without looking like some pervert hiding in the tree.
So which one of you climbed down in there to get this? What did you use to record it? Surely not a "smart" phone. Somehow I'm picturing a cassette recorder. :p

Reactions: Planeteer and Nora
Thanks and you are welcome CK! The girl and and I went in, to not be creepy. I used a Sony Digital MP3 Recorder. The little touches like this are sadly missing anymore. I'm glad I got it preserved before they yank it.

Reactions: chickenking
You've done us a real favor, my friend. Like you said, it's great you've got this preserved, because they are most certainly going to yank it some day and it will be depressing.

Reactions: BGW Family
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad