Which Day Works Best?

• 12/11

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 12/13

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 23, 2009
So, this thread will be for everyone to confirm whether or not they would be interested in going to Christmas Town on a specific day as a group. I've contacted someone in the park to see if it would be possible to set up a group tour. Not sure if they have plans for anything like that, but we'll see how it goes.

As far as a date (and this is subject to change based on if we have the opportunity to take a group tour), I'm thinking 12/12. Obviously this is up for change based on input from the group and you can vote on a date in the poll attached to this thread.

EDIT: I've been informed by the communications office that no group tours are planned for Christmas Town, but it's subject to change and I'll be notified if it does.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Same here. I live so close that I could really go almost any day, but I probably wouldn't KNOW that I was going until a day or 2 before said day.

Sep 23, 2009
Alright, so I found out that 12/12 is not going to work for me since it's when my company Christmas dinner is and it's also when I get my bonus check... so, not gonna be missing that :D.

So, I think we could probably stick with that weekend, just pick the Friday or Sunday on either side of the 12th. Talk about timing. I've updated the poll at the top, so cast your new vote!

Oct 5, 2009
Wish I could make it, but Friday and Sunday's are impossible for me. Living in Carolina makes that to hard since the hours are only 4-9 and I have a 2.5 hour drive both ways. Sorry, It would have been great. Maybe passholders opening weekend would be a great time to have a meetup?

Sep 23, 2009
Yeah, if you want to make a suggestion for another weekend you can do that still, there are other weekends that are doable.

Sep 28, 2009
Virginia
Well this is a bummer. Fridays I work, but I do have Sundays off. If anyone wants to gather on the 13th of December - I just think it would be fun to tour the park with other enthusiasts and compare notes... so to speak. What say you Chris? Want to pick a date and hopefully we can gather others as we go. Ty will be going with me of course and I could round up some of my friends too. :)

Sep 23, 2009
My vote went to the 13th, I think it's a lot easier for people to make it to the park at 4 on a Sunday than a Friday. So, Sunday definitely works for me.

Let me put it this way, I'll be there on the 13th. Won't be the only day I'll be there, but I will be there for sure that day. So hopefully others will be able to make it out to the park that day!

Oct 5, 2009
kcracken said:
Yeah, go on, I'm the only one who can only make it on the 12th. Not a problem. We can work on something for next summer then.

As of right now I plan to be there that day. If you can mobile tweet we can meet up somewhere in the park.

Sep 28, 2009
Virginia
Yay! A date is set! All we need now is a time and location to meet. I always choose the Big Ben as a meeting spot because of the seating and you can spot folks easily. :)

Sep 23, 2009
Would anyone be interested in taking part in something like this:
http://www.buschgardens.com/bgw/CP/?page=ChristmasTownVIPTour

Obviously it won't be free and I've requested a price for a group tour to get an idea of the cost, but it looks like it could be an interesting tour and you need at least four people to go on it, so it's not something I could do with just my fiancé and I.

Let me know if there's any interest here.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Chris said:
Would anyone be interested in taking part in something like this:
http://www.buschgardens.com/bgw/CP/?page=ChristmasTownVIPTour

Obviously it won't be free and I've requested a price for a group tour to get an idea of the cost, but it looks like it could be an interesting tour and you need at least four people to go on it, so it's not something I could do with just my fiancé and I.

Let me know if there's any interest here.

It would depend on the price. I am "interested" but so is my wallet. :D

Sep 23, 2009
Swiftman said:
It would depend on the price. I am "interested" but so is my wallet. :D

Fair enough. I should know by Monday. I should be able to get a decent price.

Sep 28, 2009
Virginia
Ty and i are interested and I'll see if some friends of mine are interested too. ;-) I choose Griffin and Darkastle behind the scenes. :D It will be interesting to know the price.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Yoshi said:
ok I have to ask (swiftman don't laugh) umm... Do you think they would let me hug a penguin?

I knew that was coming... (For all of those who don't know, Yoshi LOVES penguins. See for yourself: http://twitter.com/Yoshi_King/status/5353573112 And yes, every penguin alive needs a restraining order.)

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad