Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Nicole

and Team / Co
Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I couldn't find a thread for this story, so I figured I'd start one. I thought it was kind of cool; hope y'all agree. I apologize, because it doesn't really relate directly to BGW, but rather to roller coasters in general.

We took our daughter and her friend (both 12 years old) to Florida last week and of course visited some parks (BGT, Adventure Island, and Sea World). Naturally we took the girls on all of the coasters. Anyway, after we got off of Manta in Sea World, they started critiquing the ride. Apparently Manta needs a series of tight, corkscrewing loops, to be really cool. I just thought it was hilarious that they have moved from merely screaming incoherently to analyzing the ride.

Later in the trip we were talking to them about HOS and they started describing themes for Houses. Yes, they want a Doctor Who hamlet, and no, I didn't give them the idea.

Anyway, it appears that we have successfully raised a new generation of coaster junkies. My work here is done.

My daughter is 6, and we have been grooming her for Coaster greatness for about 3 years now. You'd be amazed at how many veggies get eaten when "you can't get taller if you don't eat healthy" gets thrown around. We also watch POVs on Youtube in preparation for the next park, which helps nerves a bit.

the result? 2 rides each on Nessie and Verbolten last month....and she completely ignored Grover's Alpine Express. Now, instead of asking about kiddie rides first, she asks "what coasters am I tall enough for?"

I am one Proud Daddy.

My kids are the same way. I have 6, 8 and 10 year old boys. I created our own Mach Tower height chart, complete with what height for what rides and they have Mach Tower seats with their pic on them. they measure themselves at least once a week!

Attachments

• height chart 2.JPG
    height chart 2.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 16
  • height chart.JPG
    height chart.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 20
Cody said:
My kids are the same way. I have 6, 8 and 10 year old boys. I created our own Mach Tower height chart, complete with what height for what rides and they have Mach Tower seats with their pic on them. they measure themselves at least once a week!

Totally awesome! We just have the traditional pencil marks on the wall. Although we do have heights barefoot and with the thickest soled sneakers she could find.

I have noticed kids who are clearly too short getting on Apollo's Chariot and Griffon. I think I would have been too nervous that Phia would slip out to have tried that.

Nic said:
Anyway, after we got off of Manta in Sea World, they started critiquing the ride. Apparently Manta needs a series of tight, corkscrewing loops, to be really cool. I just thought it was hilarious that they have moved from merely screaming incoherently to analyzing the ride.

That just means as parents you are raising them right! ;)

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad