Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Mar 24, 2010
Williamsburg
Has anyone else seen the new coaster B&M has developed for Gardaland? Here's a link to it on "coaster critic".

http://www.thecoastercritic.com/2010/07/new-bm-concept-will-debut-on-x-raptor-at-gardaland-in-2011.html

It's a flyer that suspends the riders from either side of the tracks.

Dare I ask if this could be whats going next to the drop tower dohickey?

It would certainly fit in with the wishes for a Bigger Badder Wolf.

In fact thats a great name for it the "Bigger Badder Wolf"

I'm not saying BG is doing this only that it sure would be cool, and a great response to the loss of a classic.

It's not so much a flyer as it is a wingrider based off a combination of the Intamin wingrider and the S&S Arrow 4-D coasters. Since it is not tall and has a small layout (as all B&M prototypes are) it is rumored that newer versions of the ride could incorporate a launch not seen from B&M since the Incredible Hulk coaster, or spinning seats like on the 4-D rides. Basically, everything is subjective at this point, though. Personally, I don't see these roller coasters as a suitable replacement for the Big Bad Wolf. I believe that, based off of how successful this X-Raptor coaster will be, newer, more thrilling versions of this ride will appear.

Looks more like a non-rotating 4d than a flyer. Still, I'd wait in line to get on it:D

I agree with Franco, it's no BBW replacement. I want something suspended. Something that snakes along the terrain and whips you around.

Looks more like a non-rotating 4d than a flyer. Still, I'd wait in line to get on itBig Grin

I've never ridden a B&M prototype I wouldn't want to wait in line for. :)

As far as a replacement would go, I think future versions of this ride will be far too intense to fill the void left by BBW. And something suspended would be nice. ;)

IMO i am not fond of these 4d coasters. They take away too much of the classic feel that I love

IMO i am not fond of these 4d coasters. They take away too much of the classic feel that I love

That's too bad. I think 4-D coasters are great. Griffon's first 205 ft, 90-degree descent is fun, but it's got nothing on X2's first 215 ft, backwards 90-degree drop - while flipping over. No other ride provides such a delirious experience. If B&M created a smoother version than X2, it would be amazing! Personally, I can't wait to see this flesh out, but I would hate it if it replaced BBW. (But I would love it if one went on the old DF site!)

The X-Raptor pic shows that the seats are clearly off to the side, wingrider style, whereas the Tatsu pic shows the seats under the track and rotated forward.

Attachments

• xraptor.jpg
    xraptor.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 19
  • tatsu.jpg
    tatsu.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 21
Franco said:
The X-Raptor pic shows that the seats are clearly off to the side, wingrider style, whereas the Tatsu pic shows the seats under the track and rotated forward.

so tatsu is pretty much like Manta then, right?

I like Manta, I have ridden it a few times. I like it going up the hill with only the restraint holding you in looking strait down all the way up and how graceful the ride flows

I rode that batman ride at six flags america. I thought I was going to fall out.I've never been that scared on a ride. Vekoma flyers just do not feel safe to me.

I rode that batman ride at six flags america. I thought I was going to fall out.I've never been that scared on a ride. Vekoma flyers just do not feel safe to me.

I was speaking strictly about B&M flyers. Sorry, I didn't really specify. And I think all Vekoma coasters don't feel safe!

Franco said:

I was speaking strictly about B&M flyers. Sorry, I didn't really specify. And I think all Vekoma coasters don't feel safe!

Vekoma Flyers are maintainance nightmares for sure.

If this style of coaster turns out to be a success, then I would imagine Busch would at least throw it in the mix for future projects. Not only that, but they would also collaborate with the manufacturer to make it the best of its kind. That certainly has been Busch's MO in the past anyway.

Thats one great thing about Busch. They might not have the most, but they have the top tier designs of different styles of coasters.

Apollo's Chariot-One of the top Hypers found anywhere in the world.
Alpengeist-Rated at the very top of all inverted coasters.
Griffon-One of the very few drop coasters in the world.
Loch Ness Monster-A classic in every aspect and the only one of its kind in operation.

And Busch has room too, especially with BBW gone. They have enough room for at least 2 new coasters in Oktoberfest alone.
Not that they will, but room is there to build in existing Oktoberfest or expand to develope a new country.

That is my favorite thing about Busch, they don't build often, but they do build quality. I would love to see this style coaster implemented somewhere at BGW, as well as an excellent flyer. Still, neither can replace what BBW offered.

Just a FYI : You're not going to be seeing a Flying-type coaster at BGW for any length of time. While it's fun to speculate, of course, just don't get your hopes riding on something that is not going to happen anytime in the near future.

Thanks for ruining the fun and excitement of speculation!!!! It's fun to hear what peeps have to say about their coasters... Anyway, I guess you're right, HOS & CT are more important right now, but not to me, I don't plan on going to either one a) because Christmas town is too cold and crowded and b) I don't have time to go to HOS. But if busch needs people at those events then fine w/me... Of course they do! But this new attraction whatever it is will be more important when it comes around, I just wish the company would give us info instead of unanswered questions...

Aww, don't let me ruin the fun! I just didn't want people going severely gung-ho towards something that isn't planned for 2011/2012. I'd love to see a Flyer added to the list of rides in the park, but it's not on the cards for the next couple years. :(

Please, don't stop talking about it because of me - I'll just feel bad then have to say crazy things to gain your respect back again! Nobody wants that:exclamation: :heart:

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad