Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
In case you missed it over the weekend. ScreamScape broke the news that Six Flags Magic Mountain would not be reopening their Intamin ZacSpin Green Lantern: First Flight in 2019 and that the ride is being removed for future projects.

I know that there had been a lot of issues with this ride ever since its initial debut and from my understanding most of its issues were caused by SixFlags attempting to waterdown the intensity of the coaster. While this ride didn't stand the test of time, it did ultimately open the gateway for the S&S 4D Free Spin to make its way into nearly ever SixFlags park in recent years.

Did you ever get the opportunity to try this ride and what were your impressions of it? Gone too soon, or is it's removal deserved?

Left me seeing stars. Glad to have the credit, but also glad to see it leave.

So the big question: Who is buying/inheriting this thing?

Six Flags America? Six Flags St. Louis? La Ronde?

v0PfOVW.png

I... I don't even fucking know anymore.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: belsaas and Zachary
Please let it die.

This is what I originally thought was going to happen. Considering the weighting efforts they put into the ride vehicles and the general disfavor the ride had among guests and enthusiasts alike, I would've assumed the ride sitting SBNO for over 2 years being what is basically the death nell for the ride.

Maybe they'll replace it with a 4D Free Spin and pass it off as the same thing?

I think I'd enjoy watching a giant marble race more than this coaster

• Haha
Reactions: b.mac
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad