Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 1, 2012
It may have seen better days, but I’m going to miss that theming.
I think this was the best themed individual ride in the park, under any park ownership era. The best themed ride group was the Lost World complex.

Just curious, did the park say if the ride is going to be scrapped or it it going to be dismantled and put up for sale at some used ride site?

wombat96

avid coaster enjoyer
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
It may have seen better days, but I’m going to miss that theming.
This.

I loved the queue. I really don't know why, but it just has the most subtle, yet immersive theming in the park. I always loved the canopies over the switchbacks evoking feelings of being at a campsite, the way some of the stanchions were shaped like bamboo, and the lighting fixtures always just sealed the deal that this ride wasn’t taking place in Doswell. Obviously rides like Backlot and FoF have more theming, but this ride just felt so natural. It wasn't overwhelming or extremely exaggerated and it really fit the feel of the area. The ride itself wasn't anything to write home about, but it just didn't feel like a flat one would find at a regional park due to the theming. In a park that walks on the line between charm and corporate emptiness it's sad to see unique attractions with theming removed.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad