Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Pretzel Kaiser

Silver Donor
Apr 5, 2011
Blurbs about the even on the Fun Tracker Sat & Sun 7-29

Kids can come dressed up to join in on family-friendly fun during this daytime event.

Celebrate silly, not-too-spooky fun.  Kids can come dressed up to join in the costume parade and family-friendly activities during the daytime event.

Nothing too deep from the sound of it, but let's hope it keeps the chitlins and their parents busy throughout the day so they're too tired to stay for HoS proper.

Count's Halloween Spooktacular 2017

The park has posted more information about this new, daytime, children's Halloween event:

Attachments

• IMG_0292.PNG
    IMG_0292.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
Reactions: jornor
Here is the press release, as well (since BGWScream beat me to it!):

BGW said:
CELEBRATE SILLY, NOT-TOO-SPOOKY FUN AT THE COUNT’S SPOOKTACULAR

WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia (Sept. 20, 2017) – Come celebrate silly, not-too-spooky, family fun this fall at Busch Gardens® Williamsburg.

Every weekend in October, children 9 and younger are encouraged to come dressed in their best Halloween costume to enjoy Halloween shows, dancing and playing with their favorite Sesame Street® friends at The Count’s Spooktacular. This can’t-miss event includes an all-new show, Count’s Countdown to Halloween, dance parties and parading with friendly, furry monsters through the park to end the day for families before the serious haunts and scares of Howl-O-Scream begin in the evening.

Kid-friendly rides, family activities and trick-or-treating will be offered around the park for our littlest guests to celebrate the fall season. Halloween decorations will be set up during the day, but the scare squad, dim lighting and fog will not start until 6 p.m.

Parents, if your child’s costume has a mask or prop, we ask for you to kindly leave those at home. Smiling faces always look better in family photos. We offer plenty of options to jazz up your child’s costume with face paint, glow items, and more at the park. Guests can visit one of our face-painting booths to transform into a favorite Halloween character.

The daytime event runs 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays, Oct. 7 through Oct. 29, and is included in park admission. Save 50% with a special kids’ ticket available to use in October. For more information, visit https://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-williamsburg/attractions/events/halloween-Spooktacular .

With the park allowing kids to dress up, give out "Halloween treats" and the parade, should be a good draw. It's what they do at Sea World and it works there; of course the down side would be the larger crowds during the day.

My kids participated in the trick or treating at various locations in the park.  The locations we visited were tweedside gifts, pottery house, ring toss, and adventure photo area at the front of the park.  Each location gave out large amounts of candy or non food products depending on allergies.  The employees even encouraged my kids to come back later for more if they wanted.

ETA: we did see a few kids wearing costumes in the park but not many. We also never made it to land of the dragons or the sesame street area.

That is such a sweet idea! I had no idea the park was even doing trick-or-treating, but like you I saw the kids in costumes and thought it was a new thing (I don't remember them allowing it in previous years but I could be wrong). And I love that they gave alternatives for kids with allergies.

Thanks for the info! Hope your kiddies had fun!

Took the kids this past Sunday. The park was dead, but this seemed to be a huge success. Forest of fun was slammed. The show was fun and afterward they had tons of character interaction. I think this is a fantastic daytime supplement to HOS.

Went to the park this past Sunday, 10/22/17, mostly for my 3 year old son and I was impressed with the Spooktacular. A lot of kids wore their costumes, which was fun to see and the trick or treating was very generous. The team members encouraged the kids to take as much as they wanted, only 2 exceptions, so the kids got a lot of candy. What really impressed me and also made my wife and I mad was, someone stole our sons candy bag. Of course my son was upset, which made me more mad but when we stopped by the gift shop (Ireland) the 2 members were awesome. They gave my son a new bag and loaded him up with candy and treats.
Forest of Fun wasn't too crowded and all the events were really fun for the kids. The coloring station wasn't busy but it was a good option. I think the biggest hit was the dance party and the parade. The character's and team members were all very interactive and my son and other kids had a blast. When we passed by Forest of Fun, after it closed, my son cried again to go back so to me it was a hit. I give the park 2 thumbs for brining this event to the park.
On a side note, the crowds were fairly low which helped a lot with enjoying everything.

That's wonderful! I'm so happy your son and your family had a good time! I'm absolutely disgusted that someone nicked your son's original candy though. Even if it was just another child that's terrible. But I'm so glad the Ireland employees made it right. I hope he got lots of good things.

Thanks for sharing! I would have had no idea what this event even was!

deacfan31 said:
... I think the biggest hit was the dance party and the parade. The character's and team members were all very interactive and my son and other kids had a blast...

I agree with this! I wish the park would do more of this in Forest of Fun all season. There was much better character interaction than normal.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad