Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Per admin request, this thread will pertain to discussion regarding the Bunny Trail in Oktoberfest.

The Bunny Trail is an Easter-themed springtime event that begins on Pass Member Preview Day and ends in late April. The "trail" is a decorated path beginning in Rhinefeld and leading to Der Marketplatz in Oktoberfest. Guests have the opportunity to get their picture taken with the Easter Bunny in Der Marketplatz. Former Illuminights creatures, over-sized eggs, and painted bunny footprints decorate the area.

IMG_1920-1024x682.jpg

IMG_1924-1024x682.jpg

IMG_1892-1024x682.jpg

Photos provided by BGWFans.

Reactions: Sky
[split] Oktoberfest (Germany)

Hi everybody, I’ve been lurking around here for some time now.  Sometimes there’s a good dialog about the park, but not recently.  I’ve decided to hold my tongue up to now, but Zachary’s post where he swas the straw that broke the camel’s back.

This is a topic I really wasn’t looking forward to writing about. Why? Because, though the Bunny Trail has always been horrifically gaudy and basically just all-around repulsive, this season it seems to have hit a previously unfathomable level of awful. How is this possible? Well, the park’s entertainment department thought it would be a good idea to merge the always depressingly ugly Bunny Trail theme with the downright trashy looking, ghastly atrocities they produced for last year’s failed IllumiNights event. If you’ve ever seen either of those thematic packages independently in person, the mere thought of the two combined has likely sent you scrambling to find a toilet to throw-up in right now. I can’t blame you- just make sure you bring back a trash can to keep by your side while you gawk at the pictures.

In addition to the poor writing on the main site, I want to tell you all that these forums are filled with nothing but hypocritical fanboys who need to chill - - out. It’s bad enough that a few animals designed to entertain children can cause such chaos, but when I look at other forums and see posts like this...

Singing Mushrooms confirmed! I'm really happy about this.
Here

And in response to large, prominent candy apples...

Holy Moley, those look amazing!
Here

These quotes are both from users who have been very vocal about how bad those animals are for the park.  Even our administrator is just as blatant as all the other users here, he just said.

Someone just pointed out the Candy Apple pictures that mwhinva posted a few days ago to me. My goodness, they look absolutely incredible. Can't wait to see them in the park. More  to KD from me!
Here

There’s nothing wrong if you don’t like something.  Saying that the exact same thing is great at the other park an hour away is blatant hypocrisy and you guys need to be called out on it.  The users on this forum are clearly playing favorites, which is flat out unacceptable for staff to do.

As much as a lot of you know about the park, you guys are clearly missing the entire purpose of these animals: to entertain children.  They’re a perfect addition to the Easter Bunny set up, so what’s the big deal?  Many of you have observed that the park is focusing on mothers and families now and that’s what the animals are doing.  I’m glad that they were brought back because my daughter loved them last year (along with Killarney Kommotion, but that’s another post for you guys) and she was excited to see them playing with the Easter Bunny.  I’m sorry that most of the people here feel excluded now because you don’t have children, but kids don’t care about charm or realism.  The sooner a lot of you realize that the sooner you people can get back to having fun at a theme park.

Mod Edit: Foul language removed.

RE: Oktoberfest (Germany)

Mike79 said:
lol bro, just because someone is "staff" doesn't mean they can't speak their opinions. At the end of the day, this is their site. So they can do as they please, as can you. If you don't agree, say why, or leave. But joining the party late and blasting everyone without backing anything up wont get you far.

*rolls eyes* I honestly don't even think I need to bother.
You really should, it's your work after all. I know I'm not the only one unhappy with your biased reporting.

But joining the party late and blasting everyone without backing anything up wont get you far.
I'm blasting everybody because the users here need to be called out for what they are. If people weren't excited about the same thing at a different park, it would be a different story. The fact is that there is a blatant bias against one park here while the other is treated like holy ground. It makes the users here immature sounding.

Just sayin we had a new member blast the forums before and they turned out to be an excellent contributor and debater. With that said, while I do think Zachary has put some biased opinions in his news articles, I don't see it as an issue. While that example is his more blatant work, he typically doesn't make it so much of an issue. I personally like the way he writes because it shows that opinions are kind of important in reporting. Either way, it is just his style, everyone has their own way of writing articles.

While I do agree there is much hypocrisy on these forums, I don't think it is at a dangerous level and things are fine for now.

EDIT: I will let it be known, I am hypocritical for the sake of wanting to be hypocritical. I see nothing wrong with that :p

Mike79 said:
*rolls eyes* I honestly don't even think I need to bother.
You really should, it's your work after all.  I know I'm not the only one unhappy with your biased reporting.

But joining the party late and blasting everyone without backing anything up wont get you far.
I'm blasting everybody because the users here need to be called out for what they are.  If people weren't excited about the same thing at a different park, it would be a different story.  The fact is that there is a blatant bias against one park here while the other is treated like holy ground.  It makes the users here immature sounding.

For - sake.

1. This is zachary's (well, mostly) site. So he can post whatever he wants. Feel free to create your own site, build up forums, maintain a blog, social media accounts, server hosting, etc etc.

2. No, you've missed the entire point. BGW has always been about class and a higher level of theming, KD hasn't. Though the current thematic elements they are bringing back are from their past, which most would argue is much better than the - they have been doing the last 15 years or so.

Turtles do not belong in front of DarKastle. That's the biggest - point here. It seems you are pretty selective at what you read so lets put this in context for you....
I'm sure people wouldn't care as much if all this was tucked away in LOD or FOF instead of on a main walkway into what most would argue is the most important hamlet in the park.

But please, keep telling us to just have fun. Others have been trying to do so for awhile now, it obviously hasn't worked.

Also. BGW should not cater to just YOUR kid. And if that means they have to ruin the experience for everyone else, the park has failed it's main objective.

Mod Edit: Removed foul language

1. This is zachary's (well, mostly) site. So he can post whatever he wants. Feel free to create your own site, build up forums, maintain a blog, social media accounts, server hosting, etc etc.
Then maybe he should defend himself instead of getting his staff to do his dirty work for him. All I'm saying that it's pretty terrible journalism, and if he ever wants to work with the park like he says he wants to, he should at least stop picking sides when it comes to the two parks.

2. No, you've missed the entire point. BGW has always been about class and a higher level of theming, KD hasn't. Though the current thematic elements they are bringing back are from their past, which most would argue is much better than the - they have been doing the last 15 years or so.
First of all, that area is pretty well themed for Easter, at least in a way to get the kids to see the Easter Bunny, which makes the park money. I don't go to KD that often because it's not as family friendly, but it was a dump filled with litter last time I went, and a few new signs won't get it anywhere close to BGW.

Turtles do not belong in front of DarKastle. That's the biggest - point here. It seems you are pretty selective at what you read so lets put this in context for you....
I'm sure people wouldn't care as much if all this was tucked away in LOD or FOF instead of on a main walkway into what most would argue is the most important hamlet in the park.
See, this is the kind of hypocrisy I'm talking about. It's fine to change the park for Halloween, but not Easter or Illuminights. Yeah...okay...

But please, keep telling us to just have fun. Others have been trying to do so for awhile now, it obviously hasn't worked.
You certainly won't have fun if you go to the park and just complain about it.

Also. BGW should not cater to just YOUR kid. And if that means they have to ruin the experience for everyone else, the park has failed it's main objective.
Lots of kids like Easter and all the chocolate the Easter Bunny brings. It's called appealing to those who are willing to spend money, and that's parents with small kids right now. I spent a good $40 on pictures opening weekend. You guys are always saying how the park is losing money, aren't you?

Mike79 said:
more pointless things
So, to start. I'm not staff.

With that said, again, if you feel like you can do it better, prove it. I don't see anyone else doing all the things ParkFans is right now. He's just like every other reporter. He's allowed to speak his opinion. I'm not speaking FOR him, i'm just pointing out why you're wrong.

Everyone was pretty outspoken about when HOS did not fit the themes of the hamlet. Please explain to me how putting colorful turtles infront of DarKastle isn't going the way of KD, and just throwing random shit where ever its fits?

Also, I hated illuminights.

You're right, unlike most people here, I can speak with my wallet. I don't go to the park non-stop. I go only when the park gives me a reason, which this year looks to be maybe Food and Wine and Christmas Town.

And oh shit, 40 WHOLE DOLLARS?! To play devils advocate, the families are the ones I see sitting in the parking lot eating lunch instead of eating in the park.

For context, When the ladyfriend and I go to the park, we usually spend over $150. I've also been a platinum pass holder for the last 15 years. So go ahead and say families are the only ones that spend money in the park again.

Matthew said:
Kids shouldn't determine what's good for the park, and what isn't. Kids will be entertained by anything.
This. Seriously. I grew up at BGW during the 90's and what they offered entertained me and continues to be memories I can't forget. They obviously did something right. I didn't need giant turtles infront of a castle. It's about the experience, and if your kid can't appreciate that, then you raised them wrong.

I loved the park as a kid, did it have giant snails all over the place? Did it have metallic butterflies stuck in beautiful gardens? Did it have a fever-dreamed fairy tail show in the Festhaus? Did it ever once play pop culture music inside the park? Did it have the bunny trail? Did it have 1960's themed England? Did it not care about the state of it's shrubbery? Did it aim to the lowest common denominator? Did it attract a bad pandemic? Did they stick billboards in the middle of gardens? Did they have an awful candy colored summertime event? No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

Am I the biggest fan of Busch Gardens now, because of what it used to be like? Yes. Is Busch Gardens driving away their future super-fans because, they're just an average park, with cheesy things? I believe so.

Reactions: BBW and Mushroom
You make the android app, so you must clearly have close ties to the admins. If you're not official staff, you're close enough.

I don't have to prove better. What I see Zachary doing is writing these pieces that bash the park to no end while bitching that he doesn't get the access that other sites get. Yeah, I know about them wanting to ban users, but whatever, Zach hasn't given them anything to warrant a relationship. What I do see is the Parkfans Network giving away KD passes. That screams bias to me.

The turtle is totally something that KD would do since they already have Dinosaurs in random places at the park. The fact that people are praising KD for the Mushrooms and apples is where I have the issue with. People are praising KD for the same things that they're complaining about BGW.

Yes, lots of people did and they loved HoS. There is no consistency on these forums at all, which is why the park can't do anything good enough for you people.

Yes, $40 in addition to all the food, toys, and other things my family of four bought. I assure you that the spending for four can easily outweigh spending for a couple, once you have kids, you'll understand this. Not everybody can afford to eat there, which is unfortunate. However, the restaurants in the park are always busier than the benches in the parking lots, so that doesn't really matter.

Kids shouldn't determine what's good for the park, and what isn't. Kids will be entertained by anything.
So who should determine what's good for the park? You guys? I know it's hard to grasp, but the park is ran by experienced business men (despite the hatred for Scott G. here). If this place ran the park, it would be bankrupt in a week.

This. Seriously. I grew up at BGW during the 90's and what they offered entertained me and continues to be memories I can't forget. They obviously did something right. I didn't need giant turtles infront of a castle. It's about the experience, and if your kid can't appreciate that, then you raised them wrong.
Do you even have kids? Do you know how hard it can be to entertain a five year old? There's only two places in the park where they can hang out, so I'm glad that they have this little thing once a year to branch out.

I loved the park as a kid, did it have giant snails all over the place? Did it have metallic butterflies stuck in beautiful gardens? Did it have a fever-dreamed fairy tail show in the Festhaus? Did it ever once play pop culture music inside the park? Did it have the bunny trail? Did it have 1960's themed England? Did it not care about the state of it's shrubbery? Did it aim to the lowest common denominator? Did it attract a bad pandemic? Did they stick billboards in the middle of gardens? Did they have an awful candy colored summertime event? No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

Am I the biggest fan of Busch Gardens now, because of what it used to be like? Yes. Is Busch Gardens driving away their future super-fans because, they're just an average park, with cheesy things? I believe so.
Wasn't it said that the park never actually made any real money? Wasn't the park just one giant beer advertisement while under AB? I'm getting conflicting messages here, but that's not surprising.

It's only for a few weeks out of the year, let other people have experiences.

BGW and KD are different parks, we have the right to have different opinions towards them. KD is improving, while BGW is de-proving, and by the way KD gave us those tickets for free, for being a loyal fansite. It just goes to show, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Atlantis said:
So the whole issue is someone not liking what is posted by the owner of a private website?  Sounds legit.
Yeah that pretty much sums it up.

I want to also follow up with my previous (now redacted) post. I originally made the app when the park didn't have one. I then continued to work on it because (SEAS at this point) has proven that they clearly don't know how to make an app.

Reactions: Parkgoer
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad