Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jul 18, 2015
Orlando fl.
So I may have found something...

(All of this was done just by searching through BGW's website for a bit, I didn't like hack them or have insider information or anything in case anyone was curious)

Last edited:
UPDATE: The official page is now live!

b03748a5cd59406e8e26d25cbdfcd929.ashx

Hamlets:
  • Banbury (England)
  • Heatherdowns (Scotland)
  • Killarney (Ireland)
  • Wild Reserve
  • Aquitaine (France)
  • Trapper's Village (Canada)
  • Rhinefeld (Germany)
  • Oktoberfest (Germany)
Rides:
  • Alpengeist
  • Verbolten
  • Griffon
  • InvadR
  • Finnegan’s Flyer
  • Le Scoot
  • Le Catapult
  • Der Wirblewind
  • Kinder Karussel
  • Der Roto Baron
Food & Beverage Locations:
  • Brady’s Drink & Snacks
  • France Coke Market
  • Trapper’s Smokehouse
  • Snack Hutte
  • Best of Food & Wine (O'Tators)
  • The Brew Bar (Grogan’s Pub)
  • “Old Country” Fries (Les Frites)
  • Decadent Delights (Café Lulu)
  • Three Rivers Treats (Three Rivers Snacks)
  • Chef’s Choice (Trapper’s Smokehouse Show Grill)
  • Sangria Garden (Crêpes & Coffee)
  • La Belle Wine Tasting (La Belle Shop)
  • Acadia Traders Wine Tasting (Acadia Traders)
  • German Gifts Wine Tasting (German Gifts)
Merchandise Locations:
  • The Emporium
  • Emerald Isle Gifts
  • Toy’s O’ The Leprechaun
  • Pot O’ Gold Magic Shop
  • La Belle Shop
  • Trapper Dave’s General Store
  • Caribou Pottery
  • Acadia Traders
  • Alpengeist Gifts
  • German Gifts
  • Lorikeet Gifts (12 – 3 p.m. Only)

Original (Outdated) Post:

Brilliant find @Eric! Here's a screenshot in case it gets pulled:

screencapture-buschgardens-williamsburg-events-taste-of-busch-gardens-2020-08-28-00_16_49.png

The webpage is clearly not finalized, but here are some highlights anyway:
  • Runs in Morning & Evening Sessions on Fridays through Sundays (Plus Labor Day) and Evening Sessions on Wednesdays and Thursdays from September 2nd to 27th
  • Features 15 "Food & Wine Festival fan favorites [and] new twists on traditional park entrées," alongside 30+ beers, wines, and specialty drinks
  • Advertised Hamlets: Oktoberfest, Rhinefeld, Ireland, Scotland, France, and New France
  • Advertised Rides: Lil' Clydes, Loch Ness Monster, Finnegan's Flyer, Griffon, Le Scoot, Le Catapult, InvadR, and Alpengeist
  • Single-Day Tickets Cost $44.99

Last edited:
It’s a little weird to me that they would be marketing Oktoberfest being open and open zero attractions there. Which isn’t to say it’s impossible that they’re just marketing this as “everything is open that was open before, but with Alpengeist and Le Scoot!” but it’s notable to me that every hamlet that was open during this current event had at least an attraction available, and would have expected that to remain consistent.

But hey, I’ll make another trip for Alpie and Beignets.

I think there's a chance the ride lineup on the website isn't final. The site is CLEARLY nowhere near ready for primetime. If this is the planned lineup, I wonder if only the plaza and seating area around Marketplatz would be open? I can't see a reason to open anything else given what the website currently describes.

Last edited:
I think there's a chance the ride lineup on the website isn't final. The site is CLEARLY nowhere near ready for primetime. If this is the planned lineup, I wonder if only the plaza in front of Marketplatz would be open? I can't see a reason to open anything else given what the website currently describes.

A lot of it comes down to how/where they want to handle food prep/sales, I suppose, and how much they want to spread that out. It’s notable to me that they’re again emphasizing being able to explore the hamlets, so cutting off half of Oktoberfest feels antithetical to that (and let’s be honest, the enthusiasts are going to want to get a closer look at Pantheon).

Last edited:
Maybe they are using the game and NewKastle area of Oktoberfest for all the food stands and keep it away from rides.

Reactions: sotomexx
I still can't believe they haven't announced this event. However from what I'm hearing they are still working on finalizing some plans so I guess it isn't a huge surprise.

Reactions: Alf33 and Zachary
I still can't believe they haven't announced this event. However from what I'm hearing they are still working on finalizing some plans so I guess it isn't a huge surprise.

Yeah, I’m shocked too. I was anticipating an announcement on Tuesday or Wednesday. Surely it will come today...?

Reactions: BGWnut and wombat96
I think they’re trying to milk every penny out of C&CB before moving onto the next event. Which is a smart move, make people feel like THEY NEED to visit the park right now, and then in a few days BOOM suprise the park is still open in September with a totally new event. Why would you buy a ticket right now, if you knew more rides would be open next week?

Reactions: DJTLG and tursiops
I think they’re trying to milk every penny out of C&CB before moving onto the next event. Which is a smart move, make people feel like THEY NEED to visit the park right now, and then in a few days BOOM suprise the park is still open in September with a totally new event. Why would you buy a ticket right now, if you knew more rides would be open next week?

Yeah, I think this is the best explanation. It does mean that things are gonna be super light in the park on Wednesday/Thursday (if the event is indeed starting on Sept. 2) because people who need time to make plans likely won't be able to manage it, but I guess they're banking on people having seen the social media posts about staying tuned for a September event and hoping that people have so few options for leisure/entertainment that they'll slot BGW in over Labor Day no problem. And if they really are just adding multiple attractions to the event without removing anything (I'm still skeptical), that's an even bigger reason to avoid letting a general ticket buyer know that a new event is imminent.

I was just looking at it. And if I had my passes here at work I'd have a reservation already!

Do you have your log-in information? Your barcode is on your account info page as well.

They’re not advertising it, but they’re also offering park discounts off of the “Sample Cards” for those who think they’ll be purchasing 5 or more samples during the event.

71E2B438-BDB6-480B-B050-68BF878984FE.jpeg

So their FB post says Verbolten and Alpengeist will be open, but the website only says Alpengeist & Le Scoot...typical BGW. Update: They responded on FB: The attractions for Taste of Busch Gardens will be Alpengeist, Verbolten, Griffon, IvadR, Finnegan's Flyer, Le Scoot, Le Catapult, Der Wilberwind and Kinder Karussel! 2nd Update: Their website has been updated to add those rides Der Roto Baron added too!!!!!!

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad