Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Will this event allow you to use bring-a-friend tickets for a grandfathered Platinum membership holder?

If so, how do you go about redeeming said tickets, as I have only been able to redeem bring-a-friend tickets at the park entrance in normal operating times?
i saw someone mentioned doing this for C&CB but you just have to call them on the phone

EDIT: just saw on IG they stated Free Friend passes are NOT valid for Taste of Busch Gardens

Last edited:
Funny because it doesn't like my mobile chrome browser and trys to make me open the site in either Samsung internet or the app.
I understand that the reservation system was coded and put together faster than the rest of the site but sheesh

i saw someone mentioned doing this for C&CB but you just have to call them on the phone

EDIT: just saw on IG they stated Free Friend passes are NOT valid for Taste of Busch Gardens

So I just called Busch Gardens and you CAN use bring-a-friend tickets for the Taste of Busch Gardens event or at least I was able to and I actually received bar codes for my guests; I guess I will find out if they actually work the day of going, but it appears that calling them can make this happen.

I am trying to make a reservation but I keep getting an error message saying there was a problem validating my membership bar codes. Anyone have a solution to this?

Remove the reservation from your cart and try again, making sure there are no extra spaces. I've run into this issue before, and this was the only way to get it to work.

So I just called Busch Gardens and you CAN use bring-a-friend tickets for the Taste of Busch Gardens event or at least I was able to and I actually received bar codes for my guests; I guess I will find out if they actually work the day of going, but it appears that calling them can make this happen.

Other people have reported that this works as well—which is pretty impressive given that BGW explicitly says it's not allowed. ?

Reactions: BGWnut
It was funny when I called I explained to the guy what I wanted to do and he said "let me check the policy real quick". I was picturing him just counting to 10 and then asking me for the information needed. LOL

Yeah, I'm really curious how they end up handling the accounting on that, insofar as your bring-a-friend tickets when the park reopens in 2021: will people who used them end up with fewer tickets at that time?

It's likely they said that it is against the policy to prevent people from bringing friends thinking they can redeem them at the park. But if people want to use them now then they are happy to let them

It's likely they said that it is against the policy to prevent people from bringing friends thinking they can redeem them at the park. But if people want to use them now then they are happy to let them

I mean, they'd be much happier for them to convince their friend to pay $45, though.

Reactions: BGWnut and Zachary
Yeah, I'm really curious how they end up handling the accounting on that, insofar as your bring-a-friend tickets when the park reopens in 2021: will people who used them end up with fewer tickets at that time?

This is exactly why I am using them now, because I do not believe their system will properly account for them accruing/rolling over into 2021.

This is exactly why I am using them now, because I do not believe their system will properly account for them accruing/rolling over into 2021.

I honestly never considered the idea that they would roll over into next year, given that once the park opens we won’t be paying them on a monthly basis. I’m more suggesting that you are using next year’s passes, and their system should technically NOT repopulate them next year.

Reactions: futureshock
I honestly never considered the idea that they would roll over into next year, given that once the park opens we won’t be paying them on a monthly basis. I’m more suggesting that you are using next year’s passes, and their system should technically NOT repopulate them next year.

Excellent point, but I am grabbing the benefit dangling in front of me right now and will deal with the ramifications of my greediness on friend tickets next year.

keep getting a "no data" message when trying to make a reservation. anyone been able to get one yet?

Site back up. no problem getting a reservation

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicole
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad