Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I'm fine with this, I passed up the opportunity to ride this as I wasn't looking to get soaked based on other riders coming off the attraction.

I find it strange how the ride was listed for maintenance in May and was just randomly closed. Tanganyika Tidal Wave took up a fair amount of room so I'm not really sure what it'll be replaced with.

Also, with this closure BGT now has three SBNO attractions with no replacements announced.

EDIT: The SBNO attractions are Gwazi, Rhino Rally, and now Tanganyika Tidal Wave. I apologize for any confusion.

Connor said:
Also, with this closure BGT now has three SBNO attractions with no replacements announced.

EDIT: The SBNO attractions are Gwazi, Rhino Rally, and now Tanganyika Tidal Wave. I apologize for any confusion.

I totally forgot that Rhino Rally is sitting there empty too...

Gwazi is a glaring scar on the park right now. I was never a fan by any means, but the fact that Gwazi is still standing idle right at the front of the park is a far worse crime than operating the thing. The thought that that half of BGT is about to be down another fairly notable and prominent attraction is... depressing.

And the timing of Tanganyika's closure.... Downright bizarre.

I never rode this ride. Water rides aren't my thing. But I will say this:

After visiting BGT not too long ago (right before Gwazi's closure), I think that park needs serious help. I have no idea what management has in mind, but I'm hoping this is the proverbial 'ripping off the band aid' moment.

Here's to hoping.

Reactions: Zachary
I generally don't go on water rides, because I hate walking around in wet clothes, and changing is a hassle. That said, I have been on them, when it was really hot and I was with people who like them. This one was my favorite at BGT. I thought it was a very pretty ride.

Reactions: Zimmy
Another arrow bites the dust.
Maybe with all this new land(rhino rally.gwazi, tidal wave) maybe we could see a big new coaster or new land emerge.

Rhino rally is split AFAIK by the area right next to the Elephants(buffer zone) and Cheetah Hunt. I wouldn't really call it SBNO. They could add something there but I don't imagine anything that would block the view of the Serengeti from the elephants. The area for the Tidal Wave is very significant. Not sure what the park might do with it though.

Fur Dozy said:
Rhino rally is split AFAIK by the area right next to the Elephants(buffer zone) and Cheetah Hunt. I wouldn't really call it SBNO. The area for the Tidal Wave is very significant. Not sure what the park might do with it though.
I think they should add a mack watercoaster. I do have say though, tidal wave must of had some major issues if they shut down a water ride with a large capcity at a park with a small amount of rides before summer.

I can't help but feel like SeaWorld is being forced to take money from their Tampa sister. I don't have any proof of this, but it seems plausible, given the situation. What's also strange is that the park told Behind the Thrills that no replacement is planned. That only seems to further support my theory about possible money reallocation between parks.

Also, (so nobody is confused) Tidal Wave is not the log flume. It was an Intamin spillwater/ shoot-the-chutes, similar to Escape from Pompeii. While I enjoyed the ride; I also realize it was plagued with problems, as all Intamin spillwaters seem to be.

I texted my sister-in-law (who was a ride-op on this ride many years ago) about the sudden closure. Even as a former employee, her take was "Good riddance. It was old and ugly." I know it sounds harsh, but she should know a little about the problems it faced early on. She also has a fair share of Rhino Rally stories.

CastleOSullivan said:
Also, (so nobody is confused) Tidal Wave is not the log flume. It was an Intamin spillwater/ shoot-the-chutes, similar to Escape from Pompeii. While I enjoyed the ride; I also realize it was plagued with problems, as all Intamin spillwaters seem to be.

Its an arrow shoot the chute

Correct. I had forgotten about that. However; most (if not all parts), are supplied by Intamin. The ride has gone through so much since it opened. Intamin's boats are usually the biggest problem causer on these rides. Therefore, I still think Intamin owns a large part of the blame.

My family and I just came back from a trip to Busch Gardens Tampa. I'm not terribly surprised by this news. It was almost as if they were hiding this ride - you really wouldn't have known it was there at all if you didn't look on the map. It's very well hidden by the landscaping.  I would expect to see a new style of water ride as its replacement although I think the other two water rides they have are excellent. I was also surprised by how few flat rides there are in this park. They really need to add some more - maybe this could be a place to do that. I understand that they have animal exhibits where most parks would typically have Flats but it's pretty much just Falcons fury and the Phoenix as far as non-kiddie flats.

Nicole said:
There had been talk of using part of the Rhino Rally area for the elephants, which frankly I support.

According to several rumors from Bill & the Pixels team, we should be seeing an expansion of the elephant habitat within the next few years.

Reactions: Mushroom
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad