Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Oct 23, 2019
I couldn't think of a title that made sense, so here's the situation. My wife and I have BGW platinum passes this year and our daughter had the free pre-k pass. All along we knew we were going to the FL parks and Sesame place in PA and all along I assumed I'd be paying for single tickets for my daughter. Sesame place was our first park to visit, so I got a single day ticket for my daughter. It wasn't until after that transaction which was the night before the trip when we realized we could get her the 2020 platinum pass and she'd be covered at all of the parks for the remainder of this year. The problem is the only way to upgrade that ticket was at the park so her ticket is a sesame place platinum pass.

BGW is our home park and we'll probably never return to Sesame place. I spoke to someone over the phone concerning the issue of transferring the pass and after a really really long hold time, the person came back and said it SHOULDN'T be a problem but the transfer will need to happen at the park (BGW). Has anyone ever done a home park pass transfer?

We are attending Christmas town, and her pre-k pass will not work for that. Our 2 guest passes are already allocated so I'm hoping there won't be an issue. I have never noticed before, but is there a guest relations outside of the park?

Will her SP platinum pass get her into BGW Christmas town if there is an issue converting her pass? That is really my only concern. Yes it would be nice to have the extra perks from her pass for BGW as there is no value reason for us to get platinum passes for my wife and I.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Yes, there is a guest relations building before the turnstiles. It is before the bridge to the England lot.

A pass from another park is not supposed to get you into Christmas Town, because it is an up charge event. Having it included in Memberships was a change from the old passes, and intended as a home-park perk.

Reactions: Murphy

Murphy

Silver Donor
Jul 16, 2019
I was curious about this as well. We're upgrading our memberships to the 11 park unlimited, and in the small print there seems to be some leeway on the admission to Christmastown at BGW and BGT. I've contacted guest services twice and gotten two different answers on whether or not we will need to pay to get in BGT in December while we are there. I suppose we will find out for certain we get to the gate!

More Details
*Memberships are valid for guests ages 3 & up for one year from date of purchase at Busch Gardens
(VA including Christmas Town, FL), Water Country USA, SeaWorld® (FL,TX,CA), Aquatica® SeaWorld’s Waterpark (FL,TX,CA), Adventure Island® (FL) and Sesame Place® (PA). All Membership benefits are valid at VA Parks ONLY and are subject to availability, change and/or cancellation without prior notice. Some restrictions apply. Must present Membership to redeem benefits. Free Preferred Parking when available at park(s) selected. Free guest tickets available during select months, not distributed at the time of purchase and only valid for VA Parks. Annual PhotoKey is limited to one per Platinum Member and is valid at Busch Gardens Williamsburg only. Ride Again Privileges on select Busch Gardens Williamsburg rides only, see website for details. Select special events not included. Operating hours and days vary, please check schedule prior to arrival.

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
I was curious about this as well. We're upgrading our memberships to the 11 park unlimited, and in the small print there seems to be some leeway on the admission to Christmastown at BGW and BGT. I've contacted guest services twice and gotten two different answers on whether or not we will need to pay to get in BGT in December while we are there. I suppose we will find out for certain we get to the gate!

More Details
*Memberships are valid for guests ages 3 & up for one year from date of purchase at Busch Gardens
(VA including Christmas Town, FL), Water Country USA, SeaWorld® (FL,TX,CA), Aquatica® SeaWorld’s Waterpark (FL,TX,CA), Adventure Island® (FL) and Sesame Place® (PA). All Membership benefits are valid at VA Parks ONLY and are subject to availability, change and/or cancellation without prior notice. Some restrictions apply. Must present Membership to redeem benefits. Free Preferred Parking when available at park(s) selected. Free guest tickets available during select months, not distributed at the time of purchase and only valid for VA Parks. Annual PhotoKey is limited to one per Platinum Member and is valid at Busch Gardens Williamsburg only. Ride Again Privileges on select Busch Gardens Williamsburg rides only, see website for details. Select special events not included. Operating hours and days vary, please check schedule prior to arrival.
As @tursiops said CT at BGT is not separate ticketed event. It works the same as HOS does at BGW.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad