Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Mar 16, 2016
8,004
13,025
250
So with all the surveys out to pass holders, I got an interesting one on memberships and potential changes. They focused on what we currently get vs what’s in the three attachments.

I’ll be honest in that I like those other ones offered. They did ask a bunch on pricing. What’s too much, what’s too little, ect. The priceing was $18-20 a month for low level, $22-$25 for the mid level, $28-34 for the highest level. They asked a bunch about getting extras with it such as parking, gifts, bigger discounts. I can try to recall any questions people may have.

What are your thoughts on the levels of memberships asked about?
 
Mar 16, 2016
8,004
13,025
250
PrincessArlenasDad said:
I wonder if the basic membership would replace the fun card

I got the feeling that's the case. They grouped these questions together.

Basic meant to replace fun card.

The Unlimited is meant to replace the two low levels of passes.

And Premier meant to replace the Platinum.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Jan 28, 2010
252
424
160
I've been on the EZ-Pay plan for quite a while with grandfathered pricing. I assuming switching to this membership program would wipe that out and mean a significant cost increase for my family, but with little added benefit.

To the average person this change wouldn't be any big deal, but it is for those in my situation. Hopefully they make some allowance for us to lessen the blow after we've been regular customers for all these years.
 

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
11,027
29,237
260
Arlington, VA
This was just a survey. Clearly they are looking at implementing a new structure, but I doubt anything has been decided yet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Apr 29, 2011
2,897
6,157
250
PrincessArlenasDad said:
Wasn't it announced within the last couple of years that grandfathering in of ez pay pricing was ending?  I remember reading that after 5 years the pass holder would be bumped up to current pricing.  Or was this just a rumor?

It's in the terms of the EZPAY contract on the website. It you purchase a pass on the payment plan, your monthly rate will be good for 5 years.
 

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
4,662
10,466
250
DJTLG said:
I've been on the EZ-Pay plan for quite a while with grandfathered pricing. I assuming switching to this membership program would wipe that out and mean a significant cost increase for my family, but with little added benefit.

To the average person this change wouldn't be any big deal, but it is for those in my situation. Hopefully they make some allowance for us to lessen the blow after we've been regular customers for all these years.

Don't think it would or at least not right away. This year they were advertising the easy pay as locking you into that price for 5 years. I know a time limit is new but given that they heavily advertised that as a perk to going that route I can't see them being able to get rid of it right away. For people that have had there passes more then 5 years no idea on. But that my 2 cents for what it's worth.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Mar 16, 2016
8,004
13,025
250
phurst said:
The attachments appear to be gone. Does anyone have a copy or can they summarize the different levels?

I still have them on my phone.
 

Attachments

  • E690FB64-65D0-4B16-BEEB-1D4DF38F684A.png
    E690FB64-65D0-4B16-BEEB-1D4DF38F684A.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
  • DEBFAFC8-C009-4741-888D-D8EDC33736C9.png
    DEBFAFC8-C009-4741-888D-D8EDC33736C9.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 57
  • 8A213636-4F32-4A43-99CE-FAED503517F5.png
    8A213636-4F32-4A43-99CE-FAED503517F5.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
Mar 16, 2016
252
728
210
Richmond, VA
Great, thanks!

Did the survey elaborate on what the difference between admission and guaranteed admission was? Surely having an top-tier pass wouldn't grant you access when the park is at capacity, right?
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Mar 16, 2016
8,004
13,025
250
phurst said:
Great, thanks!

Did the survey elaborate on what the difference between admission and guaranteed admission was? Surely having an top-tier pass wouldn't grant you access when the park is at capacity, right?

Black out days. I'm presuming in guaranteed admission there wouldn't be any days off limits to you. I imagine with the other one they would do things like take days around holidays (Memorial days, 4th of July, Labor Day) off the table, along with other high traffic days.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Mar 16, 2016
252
728
210
Richmond, VA
But the mid-tier and top-tier both say no blockout dates. It may not mean anything at all, maybe they just didn't word things consistently across both descriptions. I just found the fact that one says "Guaranteed" admission on one doesn't as odd.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
6,107
18,006
250
The proposed changes look a lot like the Cedar Fair tiers of passes, which I find much simpler than Busch's current system.

The passes that include Christmas Town seem like dramatic improvements, especially since KD will be including Winterfest in all of their passes next year. The exclusive lunch with David Cromwell is also a fun-sounding and unique perk.
 

Alf33

Life is short, so eat dessert first.
Jun 8, 2013
810
1,800
220
For all of their proposals the one item that is of absolutely no interest to me is the unlimited access to WC USA. I never go there and probably never will. I'd like to see that being optional for every tier.
 
  • Like
Reactions: luseendesi
Mar 16, 2016
8,004
13,025
250
Alf33 said:
For all of their proposals the one item that is of absolutely no interest to me is the unlimited access to WC USA. I never go there and probably never will. I'd like to see that being optional for every tier.

They did have a lot of questions about that in there on how often you would visit WC and how often you would visit BGW.

With some of the things Joe said, I think that its a little more about matching CF and what their passes are like, so wanting to tie those together makes sense as KD's able to say "two parks in one".
 
Jan 28, 2010
252
424
160
PrincessArlenasDad said:
Wasn't it announced within the last couple of years that grandfathering in of ez pay pricing was ending?  I remember reading that after 5 years the pass holder would be bumped up to current pricing.  Or was this just a rumor?

Yes they have recently been saying this for new passes. However, they never mentioned existing ones. I still have the original terms and conditions from when I started it. They don't specifically address the price staying the same. However, when the pass sales people told us about it, they never said there was a limited number of years it would stay the same rate.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Jan 28, 2010
252
424
160
I just read a Facebook post from someone who couldn't find season passes for sale online. I don't see them either when I looked on my smart phone. Perhaps they are available on the full desktop version of the site, or perhaps not at all while they revamp the structure.

I was just thinking the other day they would have to make this change before they start selling 2018 passes or before January EZ payments are due.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad