Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Nicole

and Team / Co
Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Just in time for ACE's Coaster Con 41!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: wombat96
From what I gathered there weren't any ACErs on the ride during the evac, majority of them were heading south to KD for the next leg of Con.

Sadly this was down when we went on Saturday and the word I heard was that it was down for the weekend (not sure if true). Don't know what the issue was, but we saw the train sitting on the lift hill (with no one in it). I asked the people at the gate if they knew when it would be up and they said they didn't know.

• Sad
Reactions: jornor and Zachary
Road it 3 times yesterday and... it was underwhelming. Which is not my usual experience with it. The air time was basically non-existent or at best mild floater. Usually my rides on it have ejector airtime over several of the hills, especially in the front. It still felt fast, but where was the airtime? I guess now I can understand why some people say this ride is underwhelming. Yesterday it definitely was. I imagine it will speed up as the season goes on. Also the park was pretty empty so that may have been a factor. The trains weren't full.

Speaking of which, one really annoying thing was that at first they were not letting you pick a row AND they made you load back to front. Even though there was hardly anyone waiting. I asked them several times why can't we sit in the front since no one was waiting? They said if it was up to them they would let us, but it wasn't their call. I do take some responsibility for the fact that later they were allowing us to pick a row. I kept asking them about it and they were talking with each other about why people couldn't choose. I assume they eventually asked whoever was in charge and they made the call to change it.

Are the restraints on this still universally awful and unaccomodating? Like I can ride RMCs no problem but I think on the older large intamins the seatbelt is like insanely short if my memory serves me correctly.

Are the restraints on this still universally awful and unaccomodating? Like I can ride RMCs no problem but I think on the older large intamins the seatbelt is like insanely short if my memory serves me correctly.
The seatbelt doesn't seem that short to me. But the car itself is a bit of a tight fit. I fit, though. I'm 6' and about 207-210 depending.

If you can ride an RMC you will likely fit but might not be happy with how well you fit it's one of the most uncomfortable larger rider fitting restraints I have ridden.

Unless its changed since late 2019, they are still. I am about 6' and float between 280-300 and was able to click the seat belt with room to spare but something with the restraint caused someone to come over and politely tell me that I could not ride. In those cases BTW I just roll with it and not cause a stink because I know the kids operating the ride dont want to engage in those convos and get told off.

^Oh I am quite familiar with the walk of shame. The only place where I might put up a fight is Pantheon.
I fought twice, and keep in mind these were opening weekends for each ride like 20 years ago and I was an a-hole college student, and my complaining was nothing like the levels people do now

1. Apollo's opening because I had rode it earlier because ride op pushed it in to the next click I could ride, and the later in the day team looked at me like I was nuts.
  2. Hypersonic at KD because it was opening weekend and if IIRC S&S had their people helping ride operations, and visibly helping the larger riders into the seats by pushing on harness and what not. And right before I rode, they left, and the teenagers they left to do ride ops wanted nothing to do with that. KD offered to refund my money, and they did, but they said if they did that I would have to leave.

Yeah I only fight on Pantheon if I just rode the ride especially and it's the same op that checked me before I look at them like "you know this sensor is jacked" one time I just switched to the seat in the same row and it locked fine. But yeah SROS is concerning but it will be good to have that gauge before going to CP in 2 weeks and possibly getting denied at Millie, luckily I rode it in 2005 so not the end of the world but would be a buzzkill.

Does anyone know if Superman has been up much lately? Have been mulling going Sunday but if Superman isn’t opening I can just go to KD again.

Does anyone know if Superman has been up much lately? Have been mulling going Sunday but if Superman isn’t opening I can just go to KD again.
It was up when we last went, running both trains, but that was several weeks ago. Is there some news I missed that it's down?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad