Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I went to summer nights last night. Light balance I left after 10 minutes, got too bored. Spark was pretty hypnotizing and cool, very laser-y and extremely loud, I thought it was worth seeing. Caught the finale of the fireworks from the top of apollo's lift, perfect timing!

Light Balance was much longer than last year, lasted right at 20 minutes. Honestly I nodded off about 10 minutes in. Crowd reaction the first 5 minutes was high then after that it was quiet till the end when the house lights came up.
As far as Spark it was much better than last year. The "DJ" before Spark sucks though. It seems they are just using a playlist in itunes or something. Each song plays, stops then the next starts, nothing segways right into the next song.

Fell in love with spark today,but the DJ thing in France has to go.

You can either buy reserved seats or show up early and get in line. There are no tickets for general admission.

Reactions: Ken
I saw Spark last night, and I can safely say I won't be going to see it again. It's 100% not my thing.

It's just you being assulted by noise and lights for 20 minutes. (And I like laser shows) but this was just sensory overload. I prolly should have pushed harder to leave early, but my dad and I were also hoping it'd get better. It did not. The tech is impressive. But the music isn't. And it's not even that I don't like that type of music, it's just entirely too loud for me to enjoy, as well as the light display being too fast, it did not make a good combo for me.

My dad thought the preshow/hype team was much better than the actual show, and I'd have to agree.

Personally, I feel like lasers are good to be set to music that you can 1) sing along with or 2) get high to and mellow out. (Not that I really want that either.) Or it's used to tell some sort of vague story.

This was just.... Lights and noise.

Light Balance was very good, and I enjoyed the whole show.

Went to see LIght Balance and Spark yesterday.
Light Balance was excellent. Very well executed, sound levels were perfect. Great show.

I agree about Spark, it is CRAZY overwhelming, like watching a crazy party you aren't part of.
The DJ clearly was enjoying herself, and we enjoyed watching her when she was just set up in France earlier before the show. The lasers, firepots, and fireworks are fun, but the whole effect is a bit too much (and I love EDM). The music choices were hit and miss, some Deadmau5, some random stuff I didn't recognize, some pop-chart remixes. Overall kind of fun to watch while enjoying a milkshake from Josephine's, but we walked after about 10 minutes of it to get a better spot for the fireworks. 16775 16776 16777

Last edited:
Were thee long lines for Light Balance last weekend? I'm coming up on Friday. I'm deciding whether to get reserved seats or take a chance on line.

Last edited:
We're their long lines for Light Balance last weekend? I'm coming up on Friday. I'm deciding whether to get reserved seats or take a chance on line.

I did not read any reports of people not making it into a show.

It would be cool if Spark or some future laser show used electronic remixes of music reflective of the park’s hamlet themes. Like a pop accordion segment for Aquitaine, or a techno German segment for Rhinefeld. That would at least give the crazy lights some sort of purpose which might ease criticisms that the show lacks substance.

Yeah boogie storm is literally the show I was least interested in. I feel like it's a great "surprise" act... But when you know what to expect, it's just decent dancers wearing costumes.

Reactions: Alf33 and Zachary
I just love the dodging they have to do in the press releases:
Busch Gardens Email said:
"The force is strong with this act! Boogie Storm is a stellar dance troupe from out-of-this-world, actually from across the pond.

If you have a thing for wars of the intergalactic type, or just love to see uniformed troopers dancing to some of today's top hits then make plans to be here, July 8 - 14 to see one of the finalists from Britain's Got Talent."

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad