"Summer Nights" Event Debuting in 2020

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Nov 1, 2012
Well, the park has had other types of food centered events in the past from mid-July to Mid-August; BBQ, Food Trucks, Beer & Wine, etc. Since KD has no other event for mid-late summer 2020 and a new chef is in place, might as well give a food event another shot.

Reactions: Zachary
Nov 30, 2018
Hopefully they bring back Taste of Virginia. Definitely a unique food event that stands out. The BBQ fests were too hit or miss on quality.

Reactions: belsaas

Thomas

Never Sane to Begin With
Silver Donor
Oct 24, 2009
Williamsburg, VA
I was thoroughly repulsed by most of what I tried at Tastes of Virginia. Especially the oyster cakes. They haunt my dreams, I can still feel the rubbery, slime filled zit cake in my mouth when I close my eyes to sleep at night.

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I love to see something a long the lines of the original BBQ and Brew fest with the outside vendors

Reactions: belsaas
Nov 1, 2012
The current plan is to have some sort of single day (?) beer and BBQ offering for Father’s Day.
Hmmm, since father's day is Sunday, June 21st this year, that is right smack in the middle of the Carnivale event. Never heard of the park doing two food events at the same time. If KD is going foward with that, then Chef Dennis and the food service department are really stepping up its game.

If the Father's Day thing is just a special menu/meal at one of the park restaurants, then that would seem a plausible thing to do for a day or two (Weekend special meal).

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
The Father’s Day offering sounds like it will take place in the picnic pavilions and require advanced reservations. It is one of a few planned, exclusive upcharge events scheduled for 2020.

Reactions: Nicole and belsaas

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
Summer Nights is the working title for the new Summertime event coming to KD. I didn't mention it before because I figured that it would have to change before debut given that BGW already uses that exact branding for their summer event... but if it's a Cedar Fair chainwide initiative, maybe "Summer Nights" is the final name after all.

• Wow
Reactions: CastleOSullivan

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
If they take it chain-wide, I can almost envision a sponsor as part of the name (i.e. Pepsi Summer Nights, Doritos Summer Nights, etc.).

Sep 24, 2018
Summer Nights is the working title for the new Summertime event coming to KD. I didn't mention it before because I figured that it would have to change before debut given that BGW already uses that exact branding for their summer event... but if it's a Cedar Fair chainwide initiative, maybe "Summer Nights" is the final name after all.
I can't imagine that SEAS didn't trademark the name Summer nights as an event name. But they could have different names for each park like SEAS does as far as Electric Ocean for SeaWorld and Summer nights for the BG parks

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
I can't imagine that SEAS didn't trademark the name Summer nights as an event name. But they could have different names for each park like SEAS does as far as Electric Ocean for SeaWorld and Summer nights for the BG parks
If they did trademark there's no ™ on the website (Howl-o-Scream does). I'd think just the words "Summer Nights" might be too generic for a trademark. However, as you mentioned, they could (should IMHO) trademark "Busch Gardens Summer Nights".

mtorange

Grand Carnivale, Haunt, and WinterFest Aficionado
Jul 26, 2014
If they take it chain-wide, I can almost envision a sponsor as part of the name (i.e. Pepsi Summer Nights, Doritos Summer Nights, etc.).
I think Coca-Cola Summer Nights makes the most sense given its huge presence at WinterFest!

I really like the idea of this event. Sure it’s not as big as Grand Carnivale, but it’s something different that hopefully will bring people out to the park more often.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was implemented at all six parks that have the Grand Carnivale.

Sep 24, 2018
I think Coca-Cola Summer Nights makes the most sense given its huge presence at WinterFest!

I really like the idea of this event. Sure it’s not as big as Grand Carnivale, but it’s something different that hopefully will bring people out to the park more often.
BGW is already Summer Nights by Coca-Cola. I can't imagine that Coke would want to create that level of confusion between events it is sponsoring

Reactions: Zachary

mtorange

Grand Carnivale, Haunt, and WinterFest Aficionado
Jul 26, 2014
BGW is already Summer Nights by Coca-Cola. I can't imagine that Coke would want to create that level of confusion between events it is sponsoring
Dang, I had no idea!

I do wish it had a better name, but hey, I’d rather have a great event with an “okay” name than the other way around!

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
That's why I suggested Pepsi although the Busch website makes no mention of Coke or any other sponsor. Based on their marketing expertise, that doesn't mean they don't have a sponsor... 😉

Login or Register to Hide This Ad