Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
More information from BGW in a new press release.

I'll admit I don't entirely understand why they sometimes recommend a Membership and other times tell us to get Fun Cards. Maybe it is driven by sales?

SUMMER NIGHTS AT BUSCH GARDENS® WILL SIZZLE WITH EXCITEMENT
High-Energy Pyrotechnic Show and TV Dance Sensations Headline the Summer Fun

WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia (June 12, 2018) – There are more reasons than ever to make Busch Gardens® Williamsburg the place for summer fun. Lasers, pyrotechnics, a popular neon dance troupe, cool zones, super shakes and tie-dyed crepes, plus more exciting offerings will make it a summer to remember.

To kick it all off, Busch Gardens and Coca-Cola® will present “Spark,” an all-new, one-of-kind pyrotechnic laser light show. This high-energy spectacle will feature a cast of 10 party-starters, a bubble dance floor for guests and a custom soundtrack packed with popular dance music by award-winning artists. Electric dance mixes will come to life with flame effects, concert lighting and an awesome laser pyrotechnic show in the park’s 5,000-seat outdoor amphitheater. Found only at Busch Gardens, Spark will perform nightly July 6 – Aug. 12 in the Royal Palace Theatre.

And that’s just the beginning of the summer fun at the Williamsburg theme park.

“Light Balance,” a neon dance troupe, popularized by its appearance on NBC-TV’s “America’s Got Talent,” is on tap to perform five shows nightly July 6 – 8 in the park’s Abbey Stone Theatre. The dance team’s glowing costumes are designed with special wire coating and luminescent material. Each suit is made by hand and is a complex multichannel light system. A team of talented, young dancers, designers and programmers tell their story through brilliant choreography.

The music turns up with dance parties each night in the park’s France village. A DJ sets the vibe for a fun-filled evening just outside the Royal Palace Theatre. Not far from the action, the Wilkommenhaus will transform into a mind-blowing visual spectacle with a new projection mapping experience.

Visitors can get their fireworks fix at the park this summer, too. Beginning July 6, the night skies will light up every Friday, Saturday and Sunday through Sept. 2. The park also will celebrate the Fourth of July with fireworks July 3 – 5, as well.

These entertaining shows are sure to make the night sizzle, but when the day heats up, Busch Gardens is ready to cool guests down with giant mister fans and, of course, water rides like Escape From Pompeii® and Roman Rapids®. In addition, visitors should be on the lookout for the new Spritzer Squad roaming throughout the park, refreshing willing guests as they stroll along the pathways.
Summer Nights Snapshot:

• Spark presented by Coca-Cola: July 6 – Aug. 12
  • Light Balance: July 6 – 8
  • Fireworks: July 3 – 5, plus every Fri., Sat. and Sun. July 6 – Sept. 2
  • Wilkommenhaus Visual Spectacle; July 6 – Aug. 12
For more information about Summer Nights, please visit buschgardens.com/bgwsummernights.

The best way for consumers to enjoy all the summer fun is with a Membership. Make unlimited visits to Busch Gardens and Water Country USA throughout the year for as little as $12 a month. For more information, visit https://buschgardens.com/williamsburg/annual-pass/benefits/.

Last edited:
Here is the concept art that the park posted for the projection mapping show. I find it hilarious that the roller coaster in the photo is Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa. Incidentally, BGT also has a projection mapping show at their event this year. Theirs is very small-scale and similar to the projections used at BGW's Howl-O-Scream entrance. I wouldn't be surprised if the projection designer transposed some of the same concept art on the Wilkommenhaus. I just hope the show is unique to Williamsburg.
Projection-mapping-experience.png

^ Ha. I thought about that too. I think trippy psychedelic animations can be exciting on three-dimensional objects. Still, I can't imagine this being the type of show that accentuates BGW the way that Giardino Magico at least tried to. If the soundtrack is pretty, I may excuse this more than if it's generic hits. We'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: wombat96
I'm assuming the answer will be "crowded" but what's everyone experiences with crowd levels during the 4th of July week?

My guess is that they didn't have enough money this year to constitute renaming the event. The park initially said that they would have a new summer event this season, but they kept quiet about it until now. I think they might save have to save Electric Park for next year.

To be honest, i have mixed feelings about summer nights. I’m excited for spark, however the “dance party” in France along with a dj seems like a little too much considering the park gets crowded in the summer. I’m also wondering if they are going to keep any of the F&W kiosk like they did last summer nights.

Press release from BGW:

BUSCH GARDENS® SUMMER NIGHTS BEGINS JULY 6
High-Energy Pyrotechnic Show and TV Dance Sensations Headline the Summer Fun
WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia (July 5, 2018) – There are more reasons than ever to make Busch Gardens® Williamsburg the place for summer fun. Lasers, pyrotechnics, a popular neon dance troupe, cool zones, Freak shakes and tie-dyed crepes, plus more exciting offerings will make it a summer to remember. The park’s summer fun begins Friday, July 6 and runs through Aug. 12.
Summer Nights Overview:
  • Spark presented by Coca-Cola® -- an all-new, one-of-kind pyrotechnic laser light show. Features a cast of 10 party-starters, a bubble dance floor for guests and a custom soundtrack packed with popular dance music by award-winning artists. Electric dance mixes will come to life with flame effects, concert lighting and an awesome laser pyrotechnic show; July 6 – Aug. 12
  • Light Balance -- a neon dance troupe, popularized by its appearance on NBC-TV’s “America’s Got Talent,” is on tap to perform four shows nightly in the park’s Abbey Stone Theatre. This team of talented, young dancers, designers and programmers tell their story through brilliant choreography; July 6 – 8 and July 27 – Aug 12 on Fri., Sat. and Sun.
  • Fireworks; July 6 – Sept. 2, every Fri., Sat. and Sun.
  • Wilkommenhaus --transforms into a mind-blowing visual spectacle through projection mapping; nightly, July 6 – Aug. 12
  • Cool Off Zones - Busch Gardens is ready to cool guests down with a soakin’ Splash Party, giant mister fans and the new Spritzer Squad roaming throughout the park, refreshing willing guests. In addition, water rides like Escape From Pompeii® can’t be forgotten.
  • Sweet Treats -- Freak shakes, tie-dyed crepes, fried Twinkies, Spark cocktails and Acai Berry bowls
  • Dance Parties -- the music turns up with dance parties each night in the park’s France village creating festive summertime fun. A DJ sets the vibe for a fun-filled evening just outside the Royal Palace Theatre.
For more information about Summer Nights, please visit buschgardens.com/bgwsummernights.

The best way for consumers to enjoy all the summer fun is with a Membership. Make unlimited visits to Busch Gardens and Water Country USA throughout the year for as little as $12 a month. For more information, visit https://buschgardens.com/williamsburg/annual-pass/benefits/.

And a few observations from me:

I am fairly confused by this line-up. We were looking at the various components and realized that we can't do everything in one night. I guess that means that people will have to visit two to three times, if they want to see everything. Given the high percentage of pass members at BGW, I suppose that makes some sense.
That said, I am frustrated that Spark, the Booze Cruise, and the Wilkommenhaus apparently conflict with one another.

Wait, what time does Spark begin (not including the dance floor before the main show)? The Wilkommenhaus show has several showings every 15 minutes after, I think, 8-8:45. I would be pretty upset if I couldn't at least see those two in one night.

Wait, what time does Spark begin (not including the dance floor before the main show)? The Wilkommenhaus show has several showings every 15 minutes after, I think, 8-8:45. I would be pretty upset if I couldn't at least see those two in one night.
I believe you could possibly do it all as long as you don't care where you sit for Spark.
If Wilkommenhaus starts showings at 8, you see the 8pm, then Spark at 9pm, and then fireworks at 9:30pm.

Spark starts at 9pm. Where did you find actual times for the Wilkommenhaus show? All I have found is this:

When the sun goes down, the music turns up with dance parties every night in France village. The DJ sets the vibe for a fun-filled evening just outside Royal Palace Theatre. Not far from the action, see Wilkommenhaus in Germany village transform before your eyes with a new projection mapping experience

Given that sunset is 8:30, I'm not sure how to watch that in Rhinefeld and then get to Aquitaine in time to get seats for Spark and the fireworks.

Apparently, the showtimes were on a handout given to Team Members about Summer Nights. I double-checked the showtimes. The show on the Wilkommenhaus starts at 8:30 and plays from July 6th - August 12th.

I'm very interested to how this all turns out (hopefully Spark is a very entertaining show despite it's genre of music).

Reactions: VikingvadR
Do they switch the regular in park music to modern music like they did last year?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad