Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Mar 3, 2022
I'm visiting KD on 4/23, my first visit since Tumbili opened. With Fast Lane Plus purchased -- I'm not a local so I want to maximize my time whenever I visit -- what would be your suggested order for hitting up the coasters? I feel like KD makes this planning harder than most with 7 of its 13 coasters not included with Fast Lane Plus. I will be there at rope drop and I assume Tumbili should come first.

Depending on how many re-rides you may desire, I've never found a need to purchase a Fast Lane pass - even with relatively large crowds, my experience has been that I could ride everything in the span of 3-5ish hours.

That said, with one, you should be well set to enjoy everything almost as much as you want!

Depending on how many re-rides you may desire, I've never found a need to purchase a Fast Lane pass - even with relatively large crowds, my experience has been that I could ride everything in the span of 3-5ish hours.

That said, with one, you should be well set to enjoy everything almost as much as you want!

I actually think there may end up being pretty good use for a FastLane this Saturday. Lines were long last Friday (and Saturday from what I've heard) and the forecast for this Saturday in Doswell is looking perfect. If there was ever a pre-Memorial Day weekend where when FastLane would probably be justified, it would be on a day that looks like this Saturday.

Anyway, I agree with @CoasterAuditor basically. Rope drop Tumbili with the hopes of getting a ride or two before it gets too bad. From there if it were me I'd work my way across the park towards Grizzly riding everything FastLane Plus doesn't get you (Anaconda, Boo Blasters, Racer 75, Apple Zapple, etc.). I agree that Apple Zapple is probably the biggest risk line-wise of the non-FastLane attractions, but don't count out the likes of Anaconda either. When the park is busy, it can draw a surprising crowd.

Not line related, but just some general advise for a non-KD-regular: Try very hard to avoid eating early/mid-afternoon. Food lines can quickly become the largest time-sink of your day. Also, go to Grain & Grill. Everyone should go to Grain & Grill.

I actually think there may end up being pretty good use for a FastLane this Saturday. Lines were long last Friday (and Saturday from what I've heard) and the forecast for this Saturday in Doswell is looking perfect. If there was ever a pre-Memorial Day weekend where when FastLane would probably be justified, it would be on a day that looks like this Saturday.

That was my justification too. First summer-like Saturday of the season seems like it will draw bigger crowds, even if Fast Lane Plus seems like an odd value proposition at KD otherwise. Still wrapping my head around half the coasters not being on it.

So is Apple Zapple's line bad enough that it's worth crossing the park right after Tumbili, or can it probably wait until after I've done Anaconda, Boo Blasters and Woodstock Express first?

Reactions: Zachary
So is Apple Zapple's line bad enough that it's worth crossing the park right after Tumbili, or can it probably wait until after I've done Anaconda, Boo Blasters and Woodstock Express first?

I'd be surprised if Zapple's line would get too bad too early in the day, but I must admit that I'm not really sure. Zapple isn't a ride I normally plan my day around. 😋

I usually see Apple Zapple's line start to back up by early afternoon, probably more so than Anaconda and Boo Blasters (though I've seen Woodstock start to back up around the same time). That said, it probably isn't worth walking across the park and later backtracking to the Jungle X side of the park just to ride Apple Zapple, so you should be fine to hit it after the other rides.

In either case, since you'll have Fast Lane, you should have plenty of time to experience everything, even if you do end up waiting for one of the non-Fast Lane rides.

Edit: On second thought, I echo what @CoasterAuditor said. Apple Zapple alone isn't worth crossing the park for right after Tumbili, but it might be worth it to marathon Twisted Timbers while it's still a walk-on. I think the Fast Lane queue spits you out in the station, where you'll still probably encounter a bit of a wait later in the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zachary
I'll be honest with you -- and this is from someone who generally doesn't mind lines -- Apple Zapple is something I rarely ride because of the line. It's not even that the line gets long but that it's just an unbearable line to wait in because it seems to just NEVER move. The times that I have waited in line for AZ it seemed like we moved more because of people bailing out of the line rather than the line actually advancing.

Because of the fact that I just naturally avoid the ride because of the line others may know something better for having paid more attention recently but if I was in your position (needing the credits) with the knowledge of what I've seen I would personally rope drop AZ and get that out of the way. None of the other lines at KD are unbearable to wait in. This is also not taking Fast Lane into account -- I don't have any experience with it at KD.

TL;DR I can deal with waiting in long lines for everything but Apple Zapple's line is just unbearable to wait in (even for 10 mins) because it never moves.

I'll be honest with you -- and this is from someone who generally doesn't mind lines -- Apple Zapple is something I rarely ride because of the line. It's not even that the line gets long but that it's just an unbearable line to wait in because it seems to just NEVER move. The times that I have waited in line for AZ it seemed like we moved more because of people bailing out of the line rather than the line actually advancing.

Because of the fact that I just naturally avoid the ride because of the line others may know something better for having paid more attention recently but if I was in your position (needing the credits) with the knowledge of what I've seen I would personally rope drop AZ and get that out of the way. None of the other lines at KD are unbearable to wait in. This is also not taking Fast Lane into account -- I don't have any experience with it at KD.

TL;DR I can deal with waiting in long lines for everything but Apple Zapple's line is just unbearable to wait in (even for 10 mins) because it never moves.

I agree that Apple Zapple has a particularly slow-moving line, although I’d recommend against rope-dropping it. I would definitely hit Tumbili first and get a couple of rides on it. Not only will Tumbili probably see bigger crowds throughout the day because it’s new, but if you cross over to Apple Zapple and Timbers soon afterwards, that side of the park should be relatively deserted while most of the morning crowds are still concentrated in Jungle X.

Plus, worst case scenario, I’d rather get more rides on the relatively more unique free spin than on a wild mouse (even though I think Apple Zapple is arguably one of the better mice out there).

I enjoy Apple Zapple, but yeah, the line can be painful. We only ride it when the line is short. Also Dominator's line feels slow to me too and is often long, but I believe that has fast pass?

Thanks to @Zachary, @CoasterAuditor, and @CoasterTalkBob for their recommendations.

My coaster order ended up being: Tumbili, Anaconda, Backlot, Twisted Timbers, Apple Zapple (which opened late), Racer 75, Grizzly, Woodstock Express, Reptilian, FoF, I305, and Dominator. Apple Zapple has the longest wait for any non-Fast Lane Plus coaster at about 15 minutes.

Hard to say that the Fast Lane Plus was worth it. It may have saved me from some 30-minute waits for FoF and Dominator, and allowed for a quick second ride on Twisted Timbers, but that's about it. It did not feel super busy, especially compared to how my home park Six Flags Great America feels on a Saturday, and I was able to knock off every coaster in the first 2 hours.

Grain & Grill chicken was excellent, got it straight off the grill. The mac and cheese, not so much, but I enjoyed my meal at KD more than BGW the day before.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad