Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Kinda feels like CF is phasing out the chain/contract locations for their own.

CP lost CFA, Pink's, and Subway.
KD lost Panda and new CFA.
Carowinds lost CFA.
I'm surely missing some.

Just keep Chickie's & Pete's please!
Considering the replacement at KD for Panda was a massive upgrade, I’m not worried about this at all and cheering it on for Subway to go.

Subway eventually leaving will be interesting since it has a relatively small kitchen compared to pretty much every other restaurant in the park. I wonder if Chef Denis would even be able to transform it into another restaurant or if it would just become a glorified (or specialty) snack stand.

Honestly, I keep forgetting Subway is even a restaurant at the park.

Next to an already existing collection of flats? Those flats, IMHO, would be better suited if placed in jungle X.
Oh I agree but there really isn’t any space in jx to put a flat, nvm a whole package. The only area I can think of is that grass plot in between blsc and anaconda, and you can barely fit one there. But I say cag because the area especially on that side of the midway could use a lil revamp.

Subway eventually leaving will be interesting since it has a relatively small kitchen compared to pretty much every other restaurant in the park. I wonder if Chef Denis would even be able to transform it into another restaurant or if it would just become a glorified (or specialty) snack stand.

Honestly, I keep forgetting Subway is even a restaurant at the park.
I don't see why they wouldn't be able to run is as sandwich place and offer pretty much the same experience without the brand slapped on.

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to run is as sandwich place and offer pretty much the same experience without the brand slapped on.
Based on Outpost Cafe, most everything would be getting made in house. They could do a small menu of sandwiches doing that, but not the breadth of Subway offerings.

And honestly, they don’t need a full sandwich place like subway, just have a sandwich place that makes 3 or 4 specialty subs for the park and menu can be changed on time of year.

Granted this is still not about the CFA space but...

Unless I'm mistaken, the park's Subway is a pared down version of the regular restaurants - the menu is generally limited to 2-3 sandwiches with a few, if any, bread/cheese/condiment/topping options.

Given that they're already roasting/smoking meats in-house plus can get access to high quality charcuterie meats and cheeses already makes it realistic to see they can make something better. Add fresh veggie toppings (with possibly some other 'surprise' options) and a few house-made spread sauces with good quality mustard, Duke's mayo, and oil and vinegar it's no contest.

And that's all without either making the bread or finding a local baker to highlight.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad