Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
So I looked high and low, and did not find another thread for this, but I think it is worthwhile. (No doubt it is there and I missed it)
Anyway, shockingly there are things to do in VA that do not involve theme parks. I know blasphemy. But you might consider coming to see "Stupid Fucking Bird" at the Generic Theater over the next few weeks. It opened last weekend and is well worth a watch. As the title might suggest, it is not appropriate for all ages. Much like mazes during HOS leave your kids behind.

Full disclosure. I was the Senic Designer for the show, and it is my first full design in some time. Also Generic is a blackbox with no scene shop. In addition to design I built most of the damn thing in the parking garage with very limited tools. While I am not horrified by the result, it is not flawless. Also I was working with voulenteers so the senic art is... inconsistent. (aside from the cyc washes, I had nothing to do with the lighting, so yell somewhere else)

The acting is rather good as is the direction. Very even infact, which I think is unusual for semi-pro theater.

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
So there will be stroller parking right?
If you count the lower level of the Scope parking garage, "stroller parking..." sure.

Incidentally, our first review just popped up.

I am not happy with any number of things regarding my design and it's exicution. HOWEVER considering that I did not have a scene shop or crew, I am not too disappointed. A handful of people came through to help me, particularly with the paint, so I can not complain but so much. (seriously I built the damn thing in the parking garage with portable tools.)

Reactions: ..…

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
So...leave your kids behind IN the mazes, or before entering? Or would this depend on their behavior throughout the day?
Oh I think leaving them behind outside the maze seems about right. (let them wander the halls of the Chrystler Theater. It is a god damn maze. Seriously... Backstage goes on forever...

Reactions: ..…
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad