Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Aug 17, 2010
Disney has recently been bringing the wrecking ball to a number of subpar elements in Studios, most excitedly for me finally announcing the removal of the Sorcerer's Hat. They've also removed the American Idol Experience, Backlot Tour, and that atrocity of Jack Sparrow. I'm really interested in hearing what Disney's plans are to add to the park as it seems like they are working in multiple areas at once. Studios has been needing this makeover for a while now, and there are tons of rumors flying around, including another name change coming to the park. Anyway, for anyone else interested in this, here's a nice spot to discuss everything going on.

Aug 17, 2010
I've seen official Disney corporate material over the past couple of years that was already using either the Tower of Terror or the Earful Tower as the park's "weenie" instead of the Sorcerer's Hat, and there are a couple of spots around the resort where the Earful Tower is still used in that capacity, so I wonder what Disney will push for.

Jan 7, 2014
Centreville, VA
I know one of the rumors is to expand the Star Tours ride and create a Star Wars area. I don't know much else, maybe they are creating an Arendelle area and a Frozen ride. I know over the summer Frozen days were really popular.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Ugh, I hope not. The Frozen craze has already gotten way out of hand with whatever atrocities they are bestowing upon my beloved Maelstrom.

Reactions: Nicole
Apr 9, 2013
I feel like there's no net loss on Maelstrom since the ride was about as much fun as an insurance seminar. I'm always sad to see a dark ride go, but Maelstrom was 'meh' at best. Note: I don't really even know what Frozen is.

With the Studios: they need to hit restart. I've never been so bored at a park. Hell, it doesn't even feel like a park. It only has 2.5 rides worth getting on. The Hat is stupid (and this is coming from a guy who doesn't give a crap about themes). Speaking of themes, there's nothing more annoying than 'celebrating' Orange County. Who does that, especially in Florida? It's so weird.

Anyhow... What were we talking about? Oh yeah. Star Wars Land. Please do this; I think it's the only tie-in that could compete for Potterville's air. And release the original movies on BluRay without all those stupid effects.

Reactions: netdvn
Login or Register to Hide This Ad