Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
I can't find anything on the BGW site regarding stroller size restrictions. This blog about WDW's limits is interesting -

Next, Len Testa from TouringPlans.com is reporting that Walt Disney World and Disneyland will begin enforcing stroller size limits beginning May 1, 2019. This would not be a new rule, as Walt Disney World’s Park Rules and Restricted Personal Items already prohibits strollers larger than 36″ x 52″ (92cm x 132cm).

It also wouldn’t be the first time both Disneyland and Walt Disney World contemplated doing something to enforce those rules. The same policy was on the cusp of being implemented last year, with size check stations outside of security, and a guest recovery protocol. For reasons unbeknownst to me, that enforcement never began and was shelved.

This would eliminate the large novelty strollers (the royal carriages that are more like undersized parade floats than oversized strollers), which have become a burgeoning small business around Walt Disney World. It’d also ban the large wagons that are pulled and loaded with enough rations to traverse the Oregon Trail. (UPDATE: this would not prohibit Keenz, which are within the size limitations and are specifically allowed per this info from Main Street Strollers.)

Presumably, the goal is to roll out enforcement with enough lead time before Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens that word starts to circulate about the new stroller policy so people leave their kids’ Cadillacs at home.

I have to agree that it's frustrating to try to make your way past two mom's pushing double-wides side by side on a narrow path while they discuss the virtues of Nutella on crackers.

Just this past Sunday I watched a guy push his stroller at 2 people in motorized wheelchairs. They were on the right side close to the benches in Pompeii. They had to completely split off steering towards people to their left and stopped completely until he went by. The strollers have gotten pretty bad and getting worse.

To be honest the motorized wheelchairs can be a menace too, in certain hands. Most folks in these things are fine, if curiously numerous. There always seem to be a few riders causing problems by deliberately rolling through stationary crowds at 1/4 mph... slow enough to force people out of the way at a very leisurely pace, but never actually stopping despite the fact that PEOPLE ARE ALREADY STANDING THERE.

It’s one thing if the entire path is blocked, as sometimes happens. Even then, stopping is pretty much a requirement. Some of these Rascal pilots refuse to be even slightly reasonable and drive two feet to the left where the path is clear. Nope: lock those handlebars dead ahead, plow forward in passive aggressive feigned oblivion, and don’t let them see the fear in your eyes behind those wraparound Blue Blockers.

Then you have the well intentioned ones who just don’t know how to drive the things, trying to move slowly with the flow of those on foot by squeezing the throttle all the way for a split second and then releasing it completely... thereby alternately lurching menacingly forward toward the Achilles tendons of guests ahead and then coming to a momentary complete stop. Over and over again.

It has been claimed that the rate of elective guest flatulence mysteriously skyrockets in the vicinity of particularly irritating scooter jockeys. I believe it.

Strollers are a real menace at WDW.

A few months ago, we were sitting on the curb, waiting for the fireworks show to start. I was inside the taped off section, which is reserved for the audience. I was literally run over by a stroller, which was not on the designated walking path. The delightful parent yelled at us for being in her way.

But then where would you put the BGW swag you purchased and stuffed animals you won? I mean, I don't have kids but am now considering renting a stroller just for this purpose.

• Haha
Reactions: Zimmy
The thing that always chafes my butt is when I see parents pushing strollers with no kids in them. If your kid is big enough to walk sometimes then either you or your child needs to strap that thing to your back. IT IS NOT A FUCKING SHOPPING CART.
I have to defend this one. Just because the child can and may even want to walk for a while does not mean that they are up to doing it all day. Many families with young children find that they need to have them to give the child a break part way through the day. This is especially true if they are stating late for fireworks or something else in the evening.

Last edited:
Disney just made this change official. Also of interest is that they banned smoking in all their parks.

I have to defend this one. Just because the child can and may even want to walk for a while does not mean that they are up to doing it all day. Many families with young children find that they need to have them to give the child a break part way through the day. This is especially true if they are stating late for fireworks or something else in the evening.
I do not deny that, my stipulation is that if the child is not in said stroller the stroller needs to be strapped to the back of the child's parent.

I do not deny that, my stipulation is that if the child is not in said stroller the stroller needs to be strapped to the back of the child's parent.

That’s ridiculous. As someone who had pushed a ridiculous amount of strollers at parks all over the planet, the last thing I’m gonna do is fold it and carry it around my back, especially in a park with heavy terrain like BGW.

Normally I'd agree with you halfabee. In this case though there was nobody in front of the guy with the stroller. It was as if when he saw the people on the scooters he intentionally changed course and headed straight for them. Once they stopped and steered out of his way he laughed as he walked by and went back to the other side of the walkway. It even crossed my mind maybe they were friends or something but that didn't seem to be the case this time as they continued on in opposite directions.

Getting back to the strollers for a minute. The other thing that frosts my butt is when they are pushing a stroller and playing with their phone at the same time. Even seen them do it with double wides. Like they are oblivious to everything going on around them.

Nobody pays attention to the smoking areas anyway. E-cigarette people think it doesn't apply to them. Saw one blow smoke right in the face of a sweeper in Ireland on Sunday.

Okay I give, I thought that my little bit of satire was obvious, I guess I miss-cued. The point of my little drama was really the stroller come shopping cart. I do not deny that children are not binary, can/ can't walk. Some are clearly more land mobile than others. I joke about the stroller's on backs but only to make the point that some people seem to take advantage.

It’s ok to use the stroller as a cart though. Just because you don’t see a kid in one doesn’t mean it’s being used to carry something like a diaper bag, food, snacks and drinks for the little ones.

Reactions: Zachary
I have met a couple who rented / brought (not sure which) a double stroller for one child to use the other as a shopping cart. I am not saying this is all, most, or even a large minority of stroller people, I am certain most are not. I simply use it to illustrate that there are jerks out there who seem to think the park belongs to them.

I understand strollers. It's those Conestoga wagons people bring with enough provisions to support themselves in case of a zombie attack. Why do you need that much stuff? When my son was a baby, it was an umbrella stroller and a diaper bag...period!

How about the strollers for the support animals......we have seen those in the park before.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad