Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
giphy.gif

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Press Release:

BUSCH GARDENS® WILLIAMSBURG RETAINS PRESTIGIOUS

TITLE AS WORLD’S MOST BEAUTIFUL PARK

The Williamsburg Theme Park Holds the Title for Nearly Three Decades

WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia (June 20, 2019) – Busch Gardens® Williamsburg was recently honored the “World’s Most Beautiful Park” by the National Amusement Park Historical Association (NAPHA) for the 29th consecutive year, extending a streak dating back to 1990.

“This award exemplifies Busch Gardens Williamsburg’s longstanding commitment to ensuring a world-class guest experience in a beautiful setting,” said Kevin Lembke, park president at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA. “I’m so proud of our entire team. They all play a role in achieving this honor.”

The award was part of the 33rd annual NAPHA Amusement Park and Attractions Survey, the oldest of its kind. NAPHA is an international organization dedicated to the preservation, documentation and enjoyment of the amusement and theme park industry—past, present and future.

“Busch Gardens Williamsburg has sustained this continued excellence thanks to a passionate and hard-working staff that is dedicated to providing the best landscaping features for our guests throughout the year,” said Jason Ingram, landscaping leader at Busch Gardens.

“Using our park’s existing topography is one of the things that make this park so special. You could be strolling along a beautifully shaded, lush pathway and then out of nowhere a roller coaster can rush overhead. Our landscape really creates wow moments for our guests,” Ingram added.

About SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc.

SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: SEAS) is a leading theme park and entertainment company providing experiences that matter, and inspiring guests to protect animals and the wild wonders of our world. The Company is one of the world's foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, training, husbandry and veterinary care. The Company collectively cares for what it believes is one of the largest zoological collections in the world and has helped lead advances in the care of animals. The Company also rescues and rehabilitates marine and terrestrial animals that are ill, injured, orphaned or abandoned, with the goal of returning them to the wild. The SeaWorld® rescue team has helped more than 35,000 animals in need over the last 55 years. SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. owns or licenses a portfolio of recognized brands including SeaWorld, Busch Gardens®, Aquatica®, Sesame Place® and Sea Rescue®. Over its more than 55-year history, the Company has built a diversified portfolio of 12 destination and regional theme parks that are grouped in key markets across the United States, many of which showcase its one-of-a-kind zoological collection. The Company's theme parks feature a diverse array of rides, shows and other attractions with broad demographic appeal which deliver memorable experiences and a strong value proposition for its guests.

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc., a publicly traded company. Visit www.seaworldentertainment.comfor more information

GG looks super average, like Knoebels looks nicer than it. My choice is one of Phantasialand, Dollywood, or Europa Park.

GG looks super average

You can't judge park beauty from afar.

I've been to Gilroy Gardens and it's easily the most "traditionally" beautiful park I've ever visited. Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Orlando are all gorgeous parks—but they honestly pale in comparison to Gilroy.

PS: Gilroy is also one of the most pleasant, most charming, and just generally best theme parks I've ever visited. It's like Epcot, but for gardens.

Last edited:
BGW is top 5 for sure, but I agree with Dollywood and Silver Dollar City. Epcot and Animal Kingdom would be my other two before BGW.
Animal Kingdom absolutely. Epcot no. The world pavilion and gardens are beautiful but Future World is an absolute mess right now.

Reactions: GotsFancyPants
I’m very biased, but I feel like BGW deserves this award more than anyone else. BGW has the “Rhine River,” which is a beautiful backdrop for the park. I know a few other places like Gilroy Gardens also have a really pretty lake, but BG makes nearly everything in the park pretty. Evens the bathrooms by San Marco Marketplace have multi-colored mosaics. Each part of the park is so different with its own color scheme. When you first enter it’s red, white, and blue everywhere, but then New France is a mostly-brown mining town. I‘m guessing that when these people inspect the parks, they get a little bored of seeing the same colors and the same theme. I know there’s a lot BGW can do to improve, but I’ve never been to a park as beautiful and diverse and detailed as Busch (not even Disney).

Attachments

• 7189101D-B2A9-4874-9C4A-C0C7D9B5F672.jpeg
    7189101D-B2A9-4874-9C4A-C0C7D9B5F672.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 2AEB9FDC-5256-444E-A07E-BF1F5AB7381D.jpeg
    2AEB9FDC-5256-444E-A07E-BF1F5AB7381D.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 1
  • CB406AEE-6F55-4717-A4DB-2FFBA855723D.jpeg
    CB406AEE-6F55-4717-A4DB-2FFBA855723D.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 1
  • ACCC6B7F-7732-42FC-9D2E-40237D7E9828.jpeg
    ACCC6B7F-7732-42FC-9D2E-40237D7E9828.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
  • 7A7762D9-210D-405B-B1B8-12B4C6B22F68.jpeg
    7A7762D9-210D-405B-B1B8-12B4C6B22F68.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
  • 95217038-425D-497F-A8A1-EB9305048AFA.jpeg
    95217038-425D-497F-A8A1-EB9305048AFA.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
I think the most beautiful theme park I've been to is Cedar Point and it's not even close. However there are bad looking areas and it's not so much what they did as where it is. It does have some decent theming and looks better than I expected. But at some spots looking out over the water, it makes claims of other parks looking better seem ridiculous. Some of my favorite things together in one view.

Nevertheless BGW puts a huge amount of effort and ingenuity into looking good and deserves to get a reward for it.

Reactions: ludmarco
I think probably EuropaPark? I've also heard Eftling is beautiful, but haven't been.
EuropaPark is one of my favorite parks. They are great, but honestly I don't think that they are at the same level as BGW in regards to beauty. Everything there is just very busy and the their countries don't feel as secluded from each other as BGW is.

Reactions: ludmarco
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad