Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
They actually switched it up again a few days ago.

10am and 2pm are the new times—keep up with the blogs though in case it changes again.

As for strategy, I got boarding group #3 the other day by having the app open and clicking the Join button immediately at 10am. JUST MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS PROPERLY LINKED IN MY DISNEY EXPERIENCE BEFOREHAND AND BE READY TO QUICKLY TAP EVERYONE IN YOUR GROUP AFTER HITTING JOIN—that is the part of the process that normally slows people up I believe. Also make sure you have the very latest MDE app.

Judging by my experience that day though, be warned that Rise operations are still a mess. The ride opened late resulting in my boarding group not being called till around noon (despite being in group 3). When we were eventually called, there was a delay in loading while we waited in line followed by a total shutdown while we were on the ride—resulting in an evac from the escape pod elevator room. They gave us return passes, but when we went to ride later in the day, Rise was, again, down.

To Disney's credit though, despite the park closing like 20 minutes beforehand, DHS got Rise up and running and honored all previously uncalled boarding groups and exit passes from earlier in the day. In fact, they even let one family I saw enter the park after closing so they could use their boarding pass.

PS: Rise photos the mouse doesn't want you to see...

View attachment 20884View attachment 20885View attachment 20886View attachment 20887View attachment 20888

(The screen looks so white because all the house lights were on—totally washing out the drop sequence screen.)
bless your soul

but otherwise i have been practicing myself and tried both ways and it seems just refreshing in the app on the virtual queue seems to be the quickest way possible (depending on your data) but i timed myself on how long it took to get to the app and click join and it took too long in my opinion

What @Zachary said is in my experience the best way to do it. I do totally completely close the app and restart it right before the time. I have been able to do it multiple times, before and after the COVID shutdown. I recommend having multiple people trying but as soon as someone gets to the point where they are adding names everyone else needs to stop. Then just quickly add everyone to the group.

Right now I haven't seen a lot of people coming that they couldn't get a boarding group. It seems that the lower capacity is making it easier.
well i clicked join and it would say it’s not available and i would just refresh on that page until i was able to join.. so should i open the app at 9:59 then click join on the rise of the resistance and then just spam refresh until it lets me board..because i practiced it today all the way from home and it seemed relatively really easy....

No longer will you have to be in the park to get a boarding group. You will just need a park pass for that day and you can join a boarding group from anywhere.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad