Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nobody is gonna want to book a premium stay in those existing rooms considering they have no windows, no balcony, and are smaller (square-footage wise) than the rooms at the All-Star resorts. They're about the same size as Carnival Cruise Line's standard balcony rooms, which are small at roughly 180 square feet. The Park View Studios at the Contemporary are expensive because the resort is in easy walking distance to Magic Kingdom's front gate and the rooms themselves being situated on the upper floors where it gives you a nice view of the park from your balcony. The Galactic Starcruiser hotel is only about 3 floors tall and even if they were to modify the rooms and add windows, one side of the hotel might get crappy views of the DHS's parking lot and the backstage areas of Galaxy's Edge.

For the people interested in Starcruiser, windows, balconies, park views, etc would be a downgrade–they would actively harm the experience. I even think square footage is one of the last things on the mind of a theoretical Starcruiser guest. All of these downsides are in-theme for the experience. And hey, the direct park access to Galaxy's Edge is a nice benifit too.

Disney doesn't need to find a Contemporary-sized market for thing thing. They only need 90 to 100 people at a time who fit the niche. I wholeheartedly believe that there are, easily, that many folks who fall into this theoretical category at a price point in line with Disney's existing top end studio rooms.

Reactions: Nicole and warfelg
Theres some rumors it was closing in Dec for rewriting on the storyline anyhow, just my thoughts but could Disney have suddenly closed it just to get the vloggers to book a voyage before it goes away "forever", and at full price since all discounts will be eliminated when booking resumes? I mean ive seen many mention hoping to book that final voyage already. They love using FOMO anyhow for everything so why would this be any diffrent? I mean its their basic marketing for everything, build massive hype and limit product to drive people to do almost anything to get it.......lookat the popcorn bucket craze.

There are other ways they could build in value, as well. Off the top of my head, they could give guests exclusive early entry; a guaranteed, free LL for Smugglers and/or Rise; an included light saber or droid experience; or something at Oga’s. I’m not guessing at the likelihood, just throwing it out there that this hotel has options for premium experience.

There are other ways they could build in value, as well. Off the top of my head, they could give guests exclusive early entry; a guaranteed, free LL for Smugglers and/or Rise; an included light saber or droid experience; or something at Oga’s. I’m not guessing at the likelihood, just throwing it out there that this hotel has options for premium experience.
Yea there could be a ton of in park exclusives - you could add in preferred reservations at places. Keep the meals in the hotel exclusive to the hotel as well. I think it’s completely possible to build enough exclusivity into it that you can keep the value there easily.

Theres some rumors it was closing in Dec for rewriting on the storyline anyhow, just my thoughts but could Disney have suddenly closed it just to get the vloggers to book a voyage before it goes away "forever", and at full price since all discounts will be eliminated when booking resumes? I mean ive seen many mention hoping to book that final voyage already. They love using FOMO anyhow for everything so why would this be any diffrent? I mean its their basic marketing for everything, build massive hype and limit product to drive people to do almost anything to get it.......lookat the popcorn bucket craze.

I think that there was going to need to be continual rewriting of the storyline as well. I pontificated on this at the start - but it seems that part of the issue of filling out that I’ve heard from friends that went is the needing to do it on certain days hurts, and if you want to spend more time at the parks you have to pack up and move. So it deters you from wanting to go there in the first place (outside the money). I think making the storyline so it can be a “rolling” story so you don’t have set dates and timelines it needs to be done can really help them out.

Reactions: Nicole
I think this is gone for good based on comments today. At a conference Josh D'Amaro said he expects the closure to lead to up to 300 million dollar write off. I'm not an expert on taxes, but I doubt you can turn around and reopen after that. Possibly down the line I suppose, but I'm guessing offices or something seems more likely.

Apparently Disney is sending out surveys to past guests asking what changes need to be made to it. This suggests that they are at least considering a reopening in some form.

Reactions: Murphy and tursiops
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad