Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 23, 2011
Just though you all might find this interesting, Jaymez Anderson, the guy who played the lead vampire in Monster Stomp 2011, is leaving the park. He has found work elsewhere along Carnival Cruise Lines. He was in Mix It Up, Monster Stomp, Deck the Halls, and I think that covers it. He is one of the more popular actors. I always remembered him as the "Applause Sweeper Guy" from Monster Stomp.

He's a really good guy. He always stopped to talked to my family when we'd see him walking through the park. Would always waive to my kids from the stage when we were in the audience. We'll definitely miss him.

Seem like the park is losing a bunch of talent to the cruise industry. Jaymez is one of many who is leaving or has already left in the past few years for a cruise ship job.

i imagine it's hard to keep good actors as the pay probably isn't so hot and it's seasonal work. But that guy was pretty cool. Everytime I saw him in the Deck the Halls show, I kept picturing him as the vampire.

Sucks to see him go, but the cruise circuit is a pretty sweet gig. The quality of the performers has been somewhat lacking in the past few years, so he will definately be missed.

I was actually told every year around October/November everyone in Entertainment, be it actors, actresses, stage hands, etc. all started to look and get other jobs since they never tell you in the Entertainment department if you are coming back or not. One guy even said he was in Washington state when he got a call just about a week before he had to be in Virginia to start work. It's a rough life in Entertainment.

Pay Scales (at BGW Entertainement Dept.)

Performers: Singers, Dancers, Instrumetalists, Variety Artists $ 13.62
Sesame Street Costumed Characters $ 9.65
Event Performers $ 9.00
Theatre Technicians and Dressers $ 11.55
Technical Captains $ 14.60
Stage Managers $ 15.06

you can add $.15 cents to each of those.... raise this year I heard

and also the performer section can vary drastically based on exp..

Yeah, everyone got raises this year.

Lighting/Special Effects would probably $11.70, I am just guessing because theater tech's do practically everything, they are like the team members of entertainment, then technical captains are like their supervisors, and it goes up like that.

Party Rocker said:
Yeah, everyone got raises this year.

Lighting/Special Effects would probably $11.70, I am just guessing because theater tech's do practically everything, they are like the team members of entertainment, then technical captains are like their supervisors, and it goes up like that.
It's the only way to keep the same people coming back year after year.

^^ Well their policy on raises is every consecutive year you come back to work you get a 10 cent raise. It's not much but it still draws people in. This year it was a straight 15 cent raise for everyone in every department. So if this is your second year, you basically got a 25 cent raise. The regular 10 cent raise plus the new raise for everyone.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad