Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I have been very reliable informed that at a recent budget meeting the park was ordered to begin cutting payroll hours across the park. I have been informed that the current push is on front line employees and that we will be seeing few merch, culinary, and hosts in the park soon. I was informed that the park has already started resedchuling to meet this requirements. There appeared to be fewer host at shows today already. Most notably they only had one host and were using only one entrence to Pet Shannagans today.

Jahrules

Possibly the 1-millionth Pantheon thread viewer.
Advisory Panel
Feb 3, 2019
Yeah; this is in line with the previous couple months of layoff announcements etc. Bottom line is SEAS is trying to get it's profit margins in line with the competition.

Ultimately, they've got the balance customer satisfaction with staffing. As well as gate cost with attendance.

Last edited:
Reactions: BGWnut

Jahrules

Advisory Panel
Feb 3, 2019
And, considering their 1st Qtr earnings call is May 7....

This might be a signal for what their results might be for any that are investment-minded.

: I suspect this means their profit won't be in line with expectations; but taking this step now they'll be able to tell investors: "but we've taken steps to reign in cost". The other option is that their profit has increased, but they want to forecast a higher growth for future quarters.

[The above, in no way, represents investment advice]

Reactions: horsesboy
Apr 5, 2017
Last night i overheard an employee tell another that they could leave at a certain time close to closing. Sounds like they are sending people home early if the opportunity arises.

Reactions: Alf33 and horsesboy

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
This lines up with what I've heard with one important adjustment. They are supposedly emphasizing being appropriately staffed for day to day operations. They would often not scale down as much as they could have on slower days. So it isn't so much that they are trying to significantly reduce labor hours every day. Just trying to adjust staffing better on lower attendance days.

Mar 30, 2011
Williamsburg
www.facebook.com
This lines up with what I've heard with one important adjustment. They are supposedly emphasizing being appropriately staffed for day to day operations. They would often not scale down as much as they could have on slower days. So it isn't so much that they are trying to significantly reduce labor hours every day. Just trying to adjust staffing better on lower attendance days.
That seems to coincide with memories of going to the park with my dad on rainy weekdays. Even though the park was totally deserted, almost everything was fully staffed. This was towards the end of the AB days.

Reactions: BGWnut

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
That seems to coincide with memories of going to the park with my dad on rainy weekdays. Even though the park was totally deserted, almost everything was fully staffed. This was towards the end of the AB days.
Yeah and they still seem to do this. They could easily cut a location down to one person but they often still have 2 or 3 there. It makes sense to emphasize being more mindful and even adjusting where you start on these lower attendance days.

Nov 24, 2009
Wait....have yall not been to the park lately when it is a slow day? Nothing is open, heck last season the entire food area of the Festhaus was not serving on slow days and if I remember correctly I was there at least on day it wasnt serving on a Sunday. I saw days when they parked on the tram lots but there was no tram running, then there are the days it rains all day and they are open then at 5pm or so say they are closing dut to weather....no its many times due to super low crowds.

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
Wait....have yall not been to the park lately when it is a slow day? Nothing is open, heck last season the entire food area of the Festhaus was not serving on slow days and if I remember correctly I was there at least on day it wasnt serving on a Sunday. I saw days when they parked on the tram lots but there was no tram running, then there are the days it rains all day and they are open then at 5pm or so say they are closing dut to weather....no its many times due to super low crowds.

Festhaus has always had at least one line always open. I go a lot and don't remember it ever being completely closed. I have noticed a shift in the park lately (especially when I've been there over spring break) to open places only if they have people to staff it. When I worked there they would often open locations on busy days with less people than they needed to staff the location. Instead they seem to be not opening some of those places and moving them to other locations to staff them better. This probably has more to due with them needing to hire more people. Based on their jobs website it looks like they are hiring for a lot of positions right now.

Nov 24, 2009
This was a Sunday last September. It was the same way the following weekend.

Attachments

• 830A8E91-7659-4CAE-8D96-F29F55A8CE39.jpeg
    830A8E91-7659-4CAE-8D96-F29F55A8CE39.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
And you are conveniently leaving the line that was open to the left of that picture. Those lines have been closing for years. Those lines only serve pizza and sandwiches and they moved both of those to the other 4 ones full time so they don't open all the time.

Reactions: musicman3204

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
And you are conveniently leaving the line that was open to the left of that picture. Those lines have been closing for years. Those lines only serve pizza and sandwiches and they moved both of those to the other 4 ones full time so they don't open all the time.
I don't know about the picture but it's been my experience thasy they usually open the one closes to the gate and close it last. I would wonder exactly what time of day this was.

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
I don't know about the picture but it's been my experience thasy they usually open the one closes to the gate and close it last. I would wonder exactly what time of day this was.
Typically they open that one first but the one to the left of that line is the one that closes last. It's also the line they use on slower days

Jahrules

Advisory Panel
Feb 3, 2019
Typically they open that one first but the one to the left of that line is the one that closes last. It's also the line they use on slower days

Last week on Wednesday only the left was open... And I wouldn't have called it a slow day persay.

Mar 16, 2016
Good for them working on understanding crowd flows better and having the right staffing. Who cares if I have to skip a stand or wait an extra 4 minutes for food because a line is closed.

Sometimes I wonder the people who complain about a line or two closed have ever had a service industry management position and don’t understand your basic staffing budget hours.

Apr 19, 2010
I'm less concerned about food stalls and shops being closed, than properly staffing rides. I shouldn't have to wait an hour or two on a slow day because they only want to run one coaster train, or just completely close rides (mach tower, skyride, etc.)

Apr 19, 2010
Well if their budget is so low as to affect quality and guest satisfaction, they might need to consider raising it a bit and cutting in less noticeable areas

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad