Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
MAZ said:
KD owns the hotel in the parking lot. I would imagine they stay for free.

Nope, that hotel is independently owned. Cedar Fair does not even own the land it sets on. The Best Western franchise has been there since the late 1970's. I guess Cedar Fair could offer to buy the property/motel. But, I assume they would have to pay "out the tush" for it. I am sure that location is a cash cow for at least 3 months out of the year.

Reactions: Zachary and MAZ
netdvn said:
Assuming Carowinds is still open daily and kids are coming back to school around this time, I'm surprised they're overstaffed enough to send people to other parks to help out.

I believe the schools down in that area of NC go back to school before Labor Day weekend. I thought Carowinds stops daily operations the 3rd week in August. Since the Cedar Fair parks drop each month on their operational calendar as it passes, I cannot verify this. I'll check their Facebook account. Sometimes they will make mention of when daily operations will end.

EDIT: Carowinds last week of daily operations was the week of August 17th. Last week they were closed Monday-Thursday. This week they are closed Monday-Friday.

Reactions: wombat96
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad