Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Feb 9, 2013
[Broken off from Loch Ness Monster Thread]

Stop trying to take away my hopes and dreams I want a LNM souvenir cup! But the park did confirm the LNM souvenir cups but they haven't put those out so maybe it will come with everything else.

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
RE: Loch Ness Monster

Maybe you should be patient. The park will make a formal announcement when they're ready to make one.

It's just a plastic cup with a logo on it in the end. The park will probably sell it all season giving you plenty of time to pick one up. No point in getting your panties twisted in a bunch for a plastic cup.

Sep 10, 2012
Nearby

Zachary said:
.... Did they ever even officially say there would be any signage/decorations/etc.?
Not that I'm aware of (besides the elusive plastic cup). It's just a conversation with a nice old man in the shop who I have seen for two seasons now.

Reactions: Zachary
Feb 9, 2013

^^ Really Just because I love Loch ness Monster & want a souvenir cup I deserved to get insulted? And when is the last time anybody got a LNM souvenir cup here?.... Yea that is what I thought. Really though insulting me is not appropriate. I just want a souvenir cup.:dodgy:

Feb 9, 2013

He said that it should be out today for the rest of the season so if anybody is going tomorrow can you get a picture. I think I might have to make the trip out there sunday just to get my precious LNM cup.:p

Dec 23, 2011

I will say that though most team members are not officially given any details or information from the park, some team members do find out some details through connections or friends slightly more involved than them. For example, lets say this old man saw Carl Lum everyday at work, or so often at work they are good work friends. Those work friends may reveal some details that aren't official.

So not all team members are brainless puppets for the park, some occasionally do pass a few details through here and there.

Sep 10, 2012
Nearby

^
I think it was $7.99. I probably still have the receipt in my jacket. This cup will get you the .99 refills as opposed to the $1.29 up-charge on the other ones. I did the math; I have to use the new Nessie cup 27 times to justify buying it. We usually get three refills over the course of a day, so in 9 visits it will pay for itself. For me, that means it will take the rest of April. I love living 8 miles away!! Of course it could just be a special 35th anniversary souvenir and leave it at that. :cool:

May 3, 2011
Richmond, Va

I just want it just to have it. I only drink water and gatorade (call me crazy, I know I hear it all the time). I just don't like the taste of soda.

Reactions: Sky
Feb 9, 2013

chickenking said:
^
I think it was $7.99. I probably still have the receipt in my jacket. This cup will get you the .99 refills as opposed to the $1.29 up-charge on the other ones. I did the math; I have to use the new Nessie cup 27 times to justify buying it. We usually get three refills over the course of a day, so in 9 visits it will pay for itself. For me, that means it will take the rest of April. I love living 8 miles away!! Of course it could just be a special 35th anniversary souvenir and leave it at that. :cool:

That is funny because I have a Griffon cup, Darkcastle cup, 2010 cup, and an Ireland cup;)(I know cool right) and I've used everyone of them this year and they charged me only $.99. Maybe it is still because they are smaller than the newer cups.
I know this is a little of topic, but those of you who want to know what my Ireland cup is like, it is just like the Darkcastle cup, but green, and has a collage of pictures, flags, etc.

Sep 10, 2012
Nearby

I suppose that could happen. Cashiers can get mixed up and be forgetful. I thought I paid 99 cents for a refill last weekend but when I went back and checked my receipt it was a dollar 29. They snuck it in on me. The word I got from multiple shops was that the new Nessi cup is the only one that will get you a refill for 99 cents. Take that for what it is worth.

May 29, 2012
Chesapeake

chickenking said:
The word I got from multiple shops was that the new Nessi cup is the only one that will get you a refill for 99 cents. Take that for what it is worth.
Wow. Are they that desperate to make money? :dodgy:

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad