Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
15,815
45,863
260
Virginia
73020_1693470856644_1233960516_1888424_7349634_n.jpg

WARNING: The video has colorful language.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N47SRKx4mSw&feature=player_embedded
(Picture and Video Credit Goes To KDFansite/CoasterCrew)

Thoughts?
 
Jun 22, 2010
678
54
90
I think either they are doing it to remove the trims or to make room for a crane to get into the turn around, although I dont know why they would remove that much track to get a crane in there, I hope it is just to remove the trims.
 

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
15,815
45,863
260
Virginia
Pandorazboxx, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! They are obviously switching with Carowinds. :)

Seriously though, in my opinion, that turn isn't what's wrong with the ride (at least when I rode it). The biggest problem I saw with the ride was the last two transitions.
 
Aug 27, 2010
1,112
774
250
^Seriously, can we be mature coaster enthusiast? The coaster having problems has NOTHING to do with KD. Blame Intamin, you know the people who actually built and designed the ride? I honestly think that ride is one of the best rollercoasters in the world, even with the trims. I prefer it to every coaster at Busch. Also, were getting an Intafail soon too so dont hold your breath...

It seems the obvious reason that they are removing that hill and making it shorter is cause it BARELY makes it up the hill with the trims. Sad part about this is that once they trim the hill down there is no hope of the trims coming off ever, unless they place them somewhere else or modify the turn right after the drop. As far as I know the trims were put on shortly after the maintenance team noticed that after a few hours of running the wheels were glowing red one day... The trims have more to do with the ride not being able to handle itself the way it was intended to operate, more so than the black outs. Problem is, you modify one part of the ride and you gotta modify the rest of the ride too, the ride was designed to FLY over the hill...


As far as I know, this just means a faster ride without pacing problems, making it even more awesome. Im sure the trims wont ever come off unless they find a new metal that can stay super cool under intense friction that wont cost the park a fortune. They'd probably have to fix the trun too...
 
Dec 11, 2009
819
53
90
Rochester, NY
Youhow2 said:
^Seriously, can we be mature coaster enthusiast? The coaster having problems has NOTHING to do with KD. Blame Intamin, you know the people who actually built and designed the ride? I honestly think that ride is one of the best rollercoasters in the world, even with the trims. I prefer it to every coaster at Busch. Also, were getting an Intafail soon too so dont hold your breath...

I'm just kidding around, I find it a little funny because around 2009 or so a bunch of KD fans on YouTube were going to every video related to BGW and wrote hate comments about BGW and bragged about i305. Is that KD's fault? No, of corse not. They have no control over their immature fans, but some of the things they said about BGW hurt me a little inside and since then, I sort of have a negative feeling towards KD. :s
 
Jun 22, 2010
678
54
90
I aggree with Youhow its Intamins fault, its one of the best coasters in the world, and Busch Gardens is getting an Intamin coaster which will most likely have its own problems.

Anyway someone on another coaster site said that they were just realigning (or however you spell it) the track to cause less black outs, and if it does the trims will most likely be taken off.
 

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
15,815
45,863
260
Virginia
Just to be clear, I don't blame King's Dominion for the physical pain caused by that monstrosity they call Intimidator 305, I place the full blame on Intamin and their terrible design team. You don't put a turn right after a 300 ft. drop. I, or anyone I know for that matter, could tell you that doing so is an absolutely terrible idea. Not to mention the ridiculously bad transitions. Who thought that this was a good idea?!

intimidator305art12.jpg
 
Aug 27, 2010
1,112
774
250
I thought that turn was amazing! it was designed to be insane and out of control feeling, to whip you around and such... Or else It wouldnt have been built that way. It feels like no rollercoaster element I've ever felt.
 
Jun 22, 2010
678
54
90
Ok I will admit the turns sucked with the old restaints but if you have not ridden it with the new restraints you have to do it again, with the straps the turns have to be one of the best things I have ever experienced on a coaster
 
Aug 27, 2010
1,112
774
250
The ride was already amazing as is. Only thing that could really make it better is removing those darn trims
 
Jun 22, 2010
678
54
90
Ok so I know what they are doing now, they are lifting the first turn to make it like Millennium Force's first turn (I'm not sure how high tho), this will lessen the number of black outs, and beable to have them remove the trims
 
Aug 27, 2010
1,112
774
250
michaelcollier1 said:
Ok so I know what they are doing now, they are lifting the first turn to make it like Millennium Force's first turn (I'm not sure how high tho), this will lessen the number of black outs, and beable to have them remove the trims


I highly doubt that. It's much more cost efficient to lower the hill and be done with it. The public is still highly pleased with the ride and even with the trims it is still being regarded as one of the best coasters to be given to us for a while.
 
Jun 22, 2010
678
54
90
Swiftman said:

On of the construction workers.

Youhow2 said:
michaelcollier1 said:
Ok so I know what they are doing now, they are lifting the first turn to make it like Millennium Force's first turn (I'm not sure how high tho), this will lessen the number of black outs, and beable to have them remove the trims


I highly doubt that. It's much more cost efficient to lower the hill and be done with it. The public is still highly pleased with the ride and even with the trims it is still being regarded as one of the best coasters to be given to us for a while.

Intamin is paying for it since the ride is going thru wheels and all that bad stuff it is costing Kings Dominion all of the money, which is not the aggreenment or whatever you want to call it when they got the ride
 

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
15,815
45,863
260
Virginia
Construction workers are like ride ops, take everything they say with a huge bucket full of salt.
 
Aug 27, 2010
1,112
774
250
Construction workers tend to know more than ride ops... They normally know what they are doing to the ride, or have some kind of idea of what they are installing.
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad